Topsy Cakes

Decorating By simplysweetbygigi Updated 31 Jul 2007 , 12:20am by SueBuddy

simplysweetbygigi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
simplysweetbygigi Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 2:18am
post #1 of 10

CAN ANYONE TELL ME IF THERE ARE SPECIAL PANS FOR THESE CANS EVERY TIME I SEE ONE OF THESE CAKES THE SHAPE ALL LOOK ALIKE. IF THEY ARE PANS WHERE CAN I GET THEM THANKS

9 replies
slb1956 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
slb1956 Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 2:38am
post #2 of 10

No certain pans..just different size round pans. Check out the tutorial here on CC..It tells you exactly the size of pans..you can always go larger or smaller the choice is yours... They are a fun came to make but are alot of work..the stacking part is the the most difficult for me..

SueBuddy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SueBuddy Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 2:40am
post #3 of 10

I don't know if there are pans out there for topsy turvy cakes or not. I've not seen any but it would be awesome if there were. Where I work we just have to shape them. We usually shape them the same way that is easiest. Where we take the flat round cake cut off the top at an angle then flip the top over so the biggest side sets on top of biggest side. THat gives it the slant. We have also shaped them to be bigger at top then bottom or with bulges, whatever the bride wants. I seem to remember reading an article here on CC once on how to do topsy turvy cakes....it was a while ago, don't know if you could still find it here.

AuntieElle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AuntieElle Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 2:42am
post #4 of 10

There are and I cannot for the life of me find the link. I'm not sure of the quality or whatever but I remember seeing that not too long ago.

Elle

slb1956 Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 2:55am
post #5 of 10

here is the link for how to make the whimisical topsy turvy cake..

http://www.cakecentral.com/article1-Instructions-For-Building-A-Whimsical-Tilted-Cake.html

billie1978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
billie1978 Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 2:56am
post #6 of 10

I don't know if these are what you're looking for, but Wilton makes a topsy turvy cake pan. Here is the link: http://www.wilton.com/store/site/product.cfm?sku=2105-4946&killnav=1

slb1956 Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 2:58am
post #7 of 10

Does that cake pan stand up or is it decorated lying down to look like a topsy turvy?..

patticake1951 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticake1951 Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 3:05am
post #8 of 10

That pan lies down, I have it, but have only used it once for my dd's bday.

simplysweetbygigi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
simplysweetbygigi Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 5:37pm
post #9 of 10

i tried to make a cake with the instructions, but when i woke up the next day my cake was flat on the table, the fondant pulled it down. i thought i followed the instructions but i guess i screwed up somewhere, if anyone comes across the pans please let me know. thanks

SueBuddy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SueBuddy Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 12:20am
post #10 of 10

Hey, I don't know if it is too late for this to help you, but I just got back from the ICES convention and I saw topsy turvy shaped pans at this company's booth.
Cuqui's Designs Inc
3164 NW 72 Ave.
Miami FL 33122
305-436-8335
www.cuquisdesigns.com
[email protected]

Happy Decorating!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%