carlascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carlascakes Posted 24 Jul 2007 , 8:19pm
post #1 of 15

i need boxes i was wondering were you all got them

14 replies
step0nmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 24 Jul 2007 , 9:34pm
post #2 of 15

If you are just needing a few boxes you can get them at your local Hobby Lobby or Michael's Arts and Crafts.

imagine76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagine76 Posted 24 Jul 2007 , 9:47pm
post #3 of 15

i just posted this same question a few weeks ago. i got a couple of replies but i chose this one because i didn't want to order 100 of any one item. you can find ones with free shipping but you have to order kind of a lot.

http://www.countrykitchensa.co.....&ShopId=38

lardbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lardbutt Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 5:12am
post #4 of 15

Do you live near a Party City? They sell boxes really cheap! Be careful though, they sell two brands. One is the Wilton brand, which is higher. But, they sell no name boxes too. The way to tell them apart other than looking for the wilton name is these boxes are never lying flat. I mean they are always put together already. I have no idea why the do that. It's harder to put several of them in your shopping cart and they are also harder to store at home, unless you take them apart.

I can't remember the exact amount for them but I am positive for the half sheet cake box, it's under $1 (maybe .99)

I just ordered some cupcake inserts to go in my 1/4 sheetcake boxes from this company: www.brpboxshop.com. They have free shipping and as far as I could tell, the cheapest prices on sheet cake boxes that I could find. I looked at alot of websites, but I certainly could be wrong.

The only problem as already stated before is you have to buy in bulk. For example I had to buy 100 of the cupcake inserts, but they came out to be only .20 each. That's why I justified buying 100 of them. That will last me a long, long time!

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 12:37pm
post #5 of 15

and if you do want to order in 100 unit lots and get free shipping....BRP Bakery Boxes Shop

http://www.brpboxshop.com/index_all_bakery_boxes_with_images.html

lardbutt Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 2:03pm
post #6 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug

and if you do want to order in 100 unit lots and get free shipping....BRP Bakery Boxes Shop

Doug, didn't I just say that? Did you get enough sleep? icon_confused.gif

imagine76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagine76 Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 2:31pm
post #7 of 15

doug, i re-checked out that site and i SWEAR they didn't have the smaller quantities when i first looked -is that new? i really want those pink boxes too!

Laura102777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Laura102777 Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 3:21pm
post #8 of 15

www.bgpaper.com is a really good one, too. You can order individual boxes, and mix and match, and the shipping doesn't go up significantly unless you order over 20 lbs, (because then they have to use a 2nd box for your order). I like it, too, because your total cost including shipping updates each time you change something in your shopping cart, so it's easy to see how much you're really going to pay. They have a really good variety of sizes of square cake boxes, too, and a bunch of other products. Hey, I sound like a commercial...maybe I should get a kickback from them! icon_smile.gif J/K

carlascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carlascakes Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 4:04pm
post #9 of 15

thanks i need a lot of boxes and hobby lobby was to high

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 9:45pm
post #10 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by MessyBaker

Quote:

Doug, didn't I just say that? Did you get enough sleep? icon_confused.gif

obviously not...oops SORRY!

(little vent -- tho' I can't begin to count the number of times I've posted only to 2, 3, and even more come along and post the same thing as if I never had -- of course i put it down to the so prevalent attitude -- "he's a man, what does he know!")

Laura102777 Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 11:45pm
post #11 of 15
Quote:

(little vent -- tho' I can't begin to count the number of times I've posted only to 2, 3, and even more come along and post the same thing as if I never had -- of course i put it down to the so prevalent attitude -- "he's a man, what does he know!")

Based on the wealth of info you've shared in your posts, I'd say you know more than most of us! thumbs_up.gif

lardbutt Posted 26 Jul 2007 , 1:48am
post #12 of 15

Doug, I hope you realize that I'm only teasing! I am always interested in what you have to say! icon_wink.gif

cambo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cambo Posted 26 Jul 2007 , 11:20pm
post #13 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura102777

www.bgpaper.com is a really good one, too. You can order individual boxes, and mix and match, and the shipping doesn't go up significantly unless you order over 20 lbs, (because then they have to use a 2nd box for your order). I like it, too, because your total cost including shipping updates each time you change something in your shopping cart, so it's easy to see how much you're really going to pay. They have a really good variety of sizes of square cake boxes, too, and a bunch of other products. Hey, I sound like a commercial...maybe I should get a kickback from them! icon_smile.gif J/K

OMG! I can't believe how great their pricing is! Thank you so much for posting their link!

Laura102777 Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 2:57am
post #14 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by cambo

OMG! I can't believe how great their pricing is! Thank you so much for posting their link!

They ship fast, too! So far I've been very impressed with them!

statecollegecakemom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
statecollegecakemom Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 3:20am
post #15 of 15

I got my boxes at Cake, Candy, and Wedding supplie on the net. You can get them either singles or cases. Here is the web site:
http://www.ccwsupply.com/catalog/

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%