Too Early To Ask About Bridal Show In January???

Business By mom2spunkynbug Updated 24 Jul 2007 , 4:10pm by mom2spunkynbug

mom2spunkynbug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2spunkynbug Posted 23 Jul 2007 , 11:52pm
post #1 of 5

In my city there is a bridal show at this hotel every January. I just got my license/permit to sell out of my home in February this year. (I have never even made a wedding cake!)

Anyway...I don't know what the usual schedule is for getting a booth and paying or how much it costs, etc...do you think it would be too early to call the hotel and talk to someone about it? I want to make sure I'll have enough money & be prepared! It's usually the first or second week in January and they usually start advertising in December.

I'm actually kinda scared to even do it...because...like I said...I've never done a wedding cake...but I guess I've gotta start somewhere, right?! icon_lol.gif

4 replies
JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 24 Jul 2007 , 6:03am
post #2 of 5

it won't hurt anything to call. they sometimes have a limit of tables, you won't want to be left out because you waited too long. If it is too early, the can tell you when to call. Generally the venue has a event planner who will have the info.

Then, start working on your dummies for display.

hsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hsmomma Posted 24 Jul 2007 , 1:46pm
post #3 of 5

I called about one in Feb. and they were thrilled to have me inquiring about it. They said they always have a difficult time finding cake vendors. I'd give it a try....

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 24 Jul 2007 , 3:18pm
post #4 of 5

The sooner you sign up, the better. I work in the sales office of a hotel, and a lot of our vendors re-book right after we have a bridal fair, and since we limit the number of each type of vendor sometimes people who wait lose out on a spot.

mom2spunkynbug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2spunkynbug Posted 24 Jul 2007 , 4:10pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks everyone! I'm gonna give 'em a call! icon_biggrin.gif Now let's all hope I can actually afford it!! icon_rolleyes.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%