How Much Would You Charge For This Cake??

Decorating By aundron Updated 23 Jul 2007 , 8:44pm by OhMyGoodies

aundron Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aundron Posted 23 Jul 2007 , 8:14pm
post #1 of 10

Hey everybody!! I would like to do this cake done by CAMBO!! My only problem is, I'm always having a dilemma when it comes to pricing cakes!! icon_sad.gif Could you please help me out by telling me how much YOU would charge for this cake!! Thank you sooooo much!! icon_biggrin.gif
LL

9 replies
foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 23 Jul 2007 , 8:20pm
post #2 of 10

I don't know, but I would PAY at least $120 for it....

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 23 Jul 2007 , 8:20pm
post #3 of 10

What sizes will you be using? It looks like an 8 and a 4 inch cake with 6 regular cones and 6 sugar cones all covered in BC with the sugar cones dipped in colored chocolate or candy melts. For the cake I would charge 30 servings 2$ a serving for the decorations another at least 25$ on top of that.. so a min 85$.

HTH's. icon_smile.gif

katerpillrgrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katerpillrgrl Posted 23 Jul 2007 , 8:20pm
post #4 of 10

what is it made of and how long do you think it will take? scratch? fillings? fine chocolate? madagascar vanilla?

You have to look at your costs and the time involved. Then determine price. I know you asked what we would charge but I couldn't know that unless I knew what it was made out of.

foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 23 Jul 2007 , 8:22pm
post #5 of 10

Oh! I thought the sizes were bigger icon_sad.gif so now I say $100...

aundron Posted 23 Jul 2007 , 8:27pm
post #6 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxymomma521

Oh! I thought the sizes were bigger icon_sad.gif so now I say $100...

I thought the sizes were bigger too!!

I will be using doctored cake mixes; but I will be using Toba Garrett's Buttercream recipe which calls for a pound of butter!! icon_eek.gif It tastes soooo good though!!

I was originally going to charge 75.00, but when I looked at the detail a little more; I knew I needed to charge a little more.

tobycat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tobycat Posted 23 Jul 2007 , 8:29pm
post #7 of 10

Depending on your filling and buttercream (sounds like you'll need a lot of butter!) I would charge $75 - $100. Sounds like you're right in the ballpark!

S.

OhMyGoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhMyGoodies Posted 23 Jul 2007 , 8:31pm
post #8 of 10

Maybe you could PM Cambo and ask her what she charged or would charge for it, and then recalculate her price for your area?? I've PM'ed her for help with CCB's before and she's really nice and sweet and is willing to help anyone! icon_smile.gif

I myself would charge $2.25 per serving and then an additional .25 cents per serving for filling other then buttercream, and I'd add on an additional $25-50.~ for the decorations unless they were part of your gift to the child (if family party) or if the were supplied by the client I wouldn't charge anything for them. I'd also have to factor in delivery as I do not let people pick up stacked/tiered cakes.

aundron Posted 23 Jul 2007 , 8:41pm
post #9 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMyGoodies

Maybe you could PM Cambo and ask her what she charged or would charge for it, and then recalculate her price for your area?? I've PM'ed her for help with CCB's before and she's really nice and sweet and is willing to help anyone! icon_smile.gif

I myself would charge $2.25 per serving and then an additional .25 cents per serving for filling other then buttercream, and I'd add on an additional $25-50.~ for the decorations unless they were part of your gift to the child (if family party) or if the were supplied by the client I wouldn't charge anything for them. I'd also have to factor in delivery as I do not let people pick up stacked/tiered cakes.

This cake is for one of my husband's co workers, so it's not a gift!! I have so much trouble with pricing, but I would actually pay 100.00 for this cake and that is even before I started doing cakes myself. It really didn't bother me to pay a little more for cakes; the taste of the cakes from the bakery I used to go to kept luring me back!!

I hate when I show people cakes I've made and they ask me how much it costs; they get sticker shock!! I ALWAYS have to remind them that they can go to other folks and compare; most come back; others just end up getting a sheet cake from Wally World!! icon_biggrin.gif

OhMyGoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhMyGoodies Posted 23 Jul 2007 , 8:44pm
post #10 of 10

Someone's siggy here on CC states the truth and I use it often "Quality cakes aren't cheap and cheap cakes aren't quality" or something to that.... icon_wink.gif

I'd say maybe $100-$125 plus the cost for the toys and any extras you do....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%