Mmf Question!

Decorating By meghan89 Updated 30 Jun 2005 , 5:18pm by citrusgirl

meghan89 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
meghan89 Posted 29 Jun 2005 , 8:06pm
post #1 of 11

Can mmf be used exaxctly like regular fondant? For instance, can it be painted with luster dust? Any info would be great!

10 replies
Misdawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Misdawn Posted 29 Jun 2005 , 8:14pm
post #2 of 11

It has always worked like fondant for me. In fact, to me it works better.

Bubbles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bubbles Posted 29 Jun 2005 , 8:38pm
post #3 of 11

I know this is probably a silly question, but what is MMF?

Misdawn Posted 29 Jun 2005 , 8:43pm
post #4 of 11

marshmallow fondant...1 16 oz. bag of mini marshmallows, 2 T. water, and 2 lb bag of powdered sugar. Melt marshmallows and water in a microwave. Knead in sugar like bread dough. Voila! You're done! You can add 1 t. any flovoring you like (I prefer Amaretto liquour) and you can add any coloring you like,

meghan89 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
meghan89 Posted 29 Jun 2005 , 10:20pm
post #5 of 11

Thanks for the info! I am going to try and quilt on the mmf, it should be interesting!!!

Bubbles Posted 30 Jun 2005 , 4:46pm
post #6 of 11

I have only worked with regular Fondant once or twice. Not much luck. Is the MMF easy to work with? My problem with regular fondant is it kept cracking on me. I was trying to make a cross out of it, and I think I was just overworking it.

Misdawn Posted 30 Jun 2005 , 4:49pm
post #7 of 11

OH MMF is SSSSSSSSOOOOOO much easier! I refuse to use regular fondant again. Ask tcturtleshell about MMF. She used it for the first time lsat weekend and fell in love with it!

Bubbles Posted 30 Jun 2005 , 4:50pm
post #8 of 11

I will definatly have to try it. It has to taste better too.

Misdawn Posted 30 Jun 2005 , 4:54pm
post #9 of 11

without flavoring, it tastes like those orange circus peanut candies we used to get as kids. You can put any flavoring you want into the resipe. Just remember that it starts out with a marshamllow flavor, so when you add flavorings you won't quite get that exact flavor. I find that it's best to do a taste test. You can always add more flavoring later. Just pop it in the microwave to soften the MMF and add more flavor.

linnburg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linnburg Posted 30 Jun 2005 , 4:55pm
post #10 of 11

It tastes much better! It can also be used to attach to plates or pillars to make them more level. Use little pieces as shims. I also found that it lasts on the counter for at least a week. Just keep it in a sealed container, then microwave for a few seconds and knead.

Sandi

citrusgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
citrusgirl Posted 30 Jun 2005 , 5:18pm
post #11 of 11

Hello,

For more info on MMF you can check the Wilton Forum. There is a very long thread there on MMF from Bunnywoman. Not to deter you from this forum as it is at that forum I learned about Cake Central. I haven't tried it yet so I can't comment much on this

citrusgirl

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%