Cake Stuck In Pan!!

Decorating By skarudy Updated 15 Sep 2006 , 7:08am by chikie

skarudy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
skarudy Posted 14 Sep 2006 , 11:09pm
post #1 of 11

for some reason i cant get my cake out of the pan without putting a big hole in it. what an i doing wrong? i coat the pan with crisco and flour and im still haveing a hard time what can i do without ruining the cake or the pan?

10 replies
HolySmoley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HolySmoley Posted 14 Sep 2006 , 11:46pm
post #2 of 11

I'm not sure if or what you would be doing "wrong" but it might be worth the trouble to try some other methods like parchment or a nonstick spray made for baking (or any combination). I know Wilton makes one such spray.

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 14 Sep 2006 , 11:50pm
post #3 of 11

How long are you waiting to get the cake out of the pan?
If you wait too long it will stick, to solve that put it back in the oven just long enough to warm the pan up a little.

lauramw71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lauramw71 Posted 14 Sep 2006 , 11:52pm
post #4 of 11

What I do is not only grease and flour the pan, but also put wax paper on the bottom. Also, make sure you let your pan sit for 10 minutes after taking out of the over before removing it from the pan. I've found the wax (or parchment) paper on the bottom helps BIG TIME!!

bkdcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bkdcakes Posted 14 Sep 2006 , 11:53pm
post #5 of 11

How long do you cool the cake before trying to remove it? You should wait about 10 minutes. If it's still too hot, it messes up, if it's too cool, it sticks. Also, be sure you loosen the sides with a spatula. Like HolySmoley said, if you are not doing a character cake, wax paper or parchment paper is the best way to go. HTH. Happy baking!

cakejunkie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakejunkie Posted 15 Sep 2006 , 3:08am
post #6 of 11

For all pan shapes I find that Wilton's cake release works like a charm and since I've been using it my cakes don't stick, even really detailed character pans. It is definitely right what everyone said about letting your cake cool for 10 minutes before turning it out onto a rack to cool.

xandra83 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xandra83 Posted 15 Sep 2006 , 4:16am
post #7 of 11

here's a recipe for homeade cake release. it's a lot cheaper than wilton's and it works great!! I was skeptical at first, but once I used it, I will never go back!!

equal amounts of

melted crisco
flour
oil

Mix it all up and pour in an airtight container. i use my old cake release bottles. You just shake up before you use it and use it the same way you would cake release. I put mine in teh pane and use a silicone brush to coat it with. Hope this makes sense.

Narie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Narie Posted 15 Sep 2006 , 4:27am
post #8 of 11

parchment paper

cakesbyjess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyjess Posted 15 Sep 2006 , 5:52am
post #9 of 11

Try putting the pan over a hot stove burner for a few seconds. That always seems to work for me.

skarudy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
skarudy Posted 15 Sep 2006 , 7:03am
post #10 of 11

i ended up getting pam with flour that stuff worked great i will never bake without it again!!! thanks everyone for all ur advice!!!!

chikie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chikie Posted 15 Sep 2006 , 7:08am
post #11 of 11

I agree with you...I used it for the first time and I love it! I made a small amount 1/3 cup each, and mixed it with a wire wisk, but I didn't melt the crisco. I'll never go back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xandra83

here's a recipe for homeade cake release. it's a lot cheaper than wilton's and it works great!! I was skeptical at first, but once I used it, I will never go back!!

equal amounts of

melted crisco
flour
oil

Mix it all up and pour in an airtight container. i use my old cake release bottles. You just shake up before you use it and use it the same way you would cake release. I put mine in teh pane and use a silicone brush to coat it with. Hope this makes sense.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%