Moist Cake?

Decorating By skarudy Updated 15 Sep 2006 , 4:01am by Wendoger

skarudy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
skarudy Posted 14 Sep 2006 , 6:35pm
post #1 of 5

i was wondering what were some ways to make a boxed cake more moist?

4 replies
jwong9664 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jwong9664 Posted 14 Sep 2006 , 6:40pm
post #2 of 5

i'm really new to this so take my advice w/ a grain of salt lol!... but for my choc cakes i use a DH box mix, a box of instant choc pudding, an extra egg, sour cream instead of oil, and diet cherry vanilla coke instead of the water. it turns out super moist and gets gobbled in a heartbeat! hth! good luck icon_biggrin.gif

Tiffysma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tiffysma Posted 14 Sep 2006 , 6:41pm
post #3 of 5

Add milk instead of water, add an extra egg, 1/2 to 1 small box of instant pudding mix (dry - flavor corresponding with the cake flavor), buttermilk in chocolate mixes, sour cream (nor more than 1 cup)

Best to drop your temperature down to 325 and bake longer when adding ingredients, so the center will get done and the edges don't overbake.

Here is a link to the Cake Mix Doctor website. She has some good books and there are some recipes under the recipe link and newsletter link.

www.cakemixdoctor.com

bluehen92 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bluehen92 Posted 14 Sep 2006 , 6:55pm
post #4 of 5

Tiffysma - Will those changes also make the cake more dense? My kids love the Funfetti mixes when they have holiday colors, so I bought 4 boxes of their Halloween one today. I want to use them for a pumpkin cake like some people here have done using two bundt cakes, and I know the cake has to be more dense than a normal mix for that.

Thanks icon_biggrin.gif

-Lisa

Wendoger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wendoger Posted 15 Sep 2006 , 4:01am
post #5 of 5

Try the cake mix extender...makes'em taste like scratch!
Go to recipes and punch in 'cake mix extender' in the search box...icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%