So Excited! Just Got My Cutters From.....

Baking By jen1977 Updated 14 Sep 2006 , 5:35pm by cryssi

jen1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen1977 Posted 13 Sep 2006 , 8:01pm
post #1 of 11

www.cookiecutter.com and wanted to let you all know how great they were to order from! Their shipping was reasonable, and super fast! I ordered them on Thursday evening, they shipped on Monday, and I got them today! I got the stuff today to make my veryfirst batch of No Fails, and I have some heart cookies to make for Saturday. I got some pirate cutters and a Jack-o-Lantern set from cookiecutter.com, and I can't wait to use them! I get to make pirate cookies for my son's class for his birthday next Friday!

edited because I put the wrong web address for the company I ordered the cutters from!

10 replies
bulldog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bulldog Posted 13 Sep 2006 , 8:03pm
post #2 of 11

Where on the site do you look for cutters?

eilers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eilers Posted 13 Sep 2006 , 8:06pm
post #3 of 11

Em .... I've just clicked this website, & got some touristy site ... am I missing something or ......?

jen1977 Posted 13 Sep 2006 , 8:06pm
post #4 of 11

Sorry, the company is called Off the Beaten Path, but the address is www.cookiecutter.com

eilers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eilers Posted 13 Sep 2006 , 8:11pm
post #5 of 11

Got it now ... looks like a great site ... wish there was a similar one in the UK!

bulldog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bulldog Posted 13 Sep 2006 , 8:24pm
post #6 of 11

thanks!

cambo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cambo Posted 13 Sep 2006 , 9:17pm
post #7 of 11

I have also ordered some cutters from them....they have wonderful customer service and great shipping! However, I have found that since they're tin, they bend out of shape very easily icon_sad.gif Although they are more expensive, I purchase most of my cutters from kitchengifts.com.....and when you're a vendor, they're acually about 1/2 off!

dodibug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dodibug Posted 13 Sep 2006 , 9:22pm
post #8 of 11

Good to hear! I just ordered from them last night. Do they send an e-mail to let you know when your order has been shipped?

jen1977 Posted 13 Sep 2006 , 10:50pm
post #9 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodibug

Good to hear! I just ordered from them last night. Do they send an e-mail to let you know when your order has been shipped?

Yes, they send you an email invoice, and also an email that tells you when it's been shipped. For the price on their cutters, they were great! I don't want to invest a lot in cutters since I don't do cookies much. I also keep all mine hanging across string so they don't bend.

czyadgrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
czyadgrl Posted 13 Sep 2006 , 11:10pm
post #10 of 11

I have ordered from them before too and loved them!

Yes, they're tin. I love to collect copper cutters, but these are great to have the more obscure shapes on hand that you might not use as much, or to see how much you end up using a particular shape.

But heck, if you store them carefully they'll hold up just fine too.

cryssi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cryssi Posted 14 Sep 2006 , 5:35pm
post #11 of 11

Oh! I love my cutters from off the beaten path...I've ordered a bunch for my mom, too. I made whales, dolphins, and orcas the other day with NF dough covered in MMF. The only (slight) problem i found is that when the area is really narrow (like the area between the dolphin body and tail), it breaks easily. Make sure your cutter is well floured, and use a chopstick to gently ease the dough out of the cutter. Also, it works best with chilled dough rolled relatively thick (1/4")...

I have the martini, champagne, and margarita glass cutters too...have to try those out, but I definitely forsee breakage...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%