Cake (Cookies, Confections, Etc) Income, Monthly...

Business By jewelykaye Updated 21 Jul 2007 , 3:23am by KoryAK

jewelykaye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jewelykaye Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 4:16pm
post #1 of 9

Yes, I know this is a noisy question. However, it's an honest curiosity of mine.

I know there are busy months and not-so-busy months. Just give us an average.

Cake for me is all about the fun and passion. However, I do hope to be able to do it full time some day and would love to hear about how other people are doing.

Thanks for sharing!

8 replies
Solecito Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Solecito Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 5:09pm
post #2 of 9

I had to choose an average quantity, for me not all months are the same, sometimes I sell a lot, sometimes not that much. For example June was a very good month for me, February usually is and december is my best.

Note: it may not sound that much, but I earn pesos wich are about 1/10 of a dollar.

yankeegal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yankeegal Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 8:02pm
post #3 of 9

I just do cookies...my best months are Oct.-Dec., and Feb.-May...Summers are usually slower for me, but this year I have been busier than usual.

tasty_treats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tasty_treats Posted 20 Jul 2007 , 4:59pm
post #4 of 9

Wow! 15% were over 5000+ per month!!!

tnuty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tnuty Posted 20 Jul 2007 , 5:15pm
post #5 of 9

I just really started getting paid for mine, Im a sucker have been mostly doing them as my "gifts" for friends and families.. have just started charging and branching out of the family.. yeah for me.. hopefully I will be doing more in a year from now. I only make about 50 a month.. Maybe 1 or 2 paid cakes per month and I sure dont charge enough.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 20 Jul 2007 , 5:20pm
post #6 of 9

I didn't vote since my catering would skew the numbers. But I recently broke down the types of caterings I do:

Wedding Cake Only or Wedding Cake Package Only: 3.8%
Wedding cake plus a buffet package: 34.2%
Buffet Package and no wedding cake: 62.0%

What's interesting is my average price per buffet-only event is over $1900 (within a range of $400/low to $5000/high). My average price per buffet+wedding cake is just over $1700. My average sales are higher if they buy the cake somewhere else! icon_surprised.gif

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 20 Jul 2007 , 10:21pm
post #7 of 9

This month I've made $145.50. Next month all I have is one cake for $30 so far. Really touch and go with me for orders. This is just from cakes and some cookies. I make more if I do small dessert catering for people than just selling cakes or cookies.

I only accept what I can and am limited right now for time, but once I graduate in May that will change hopefully. I want to eventually do dessert buffet catering and go into catering maybe down the road.

judybee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
judybee Posted 20 Jul 2007 , 10:27pm
post #8 of 9

During the wedding months, it's anywhere from $500-2000. Off season anywhere from $30-200.

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 21 Jul 2007 , 3:23am
post #9 of 9

I averaged my income for the 6.5 months of the year so far and its about $4300/mo. I do this full time with a commercial kitchen and no store front.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%