Places For A Cheap Cake Plateau???

Decorating By peacockplace Updated 28 Jun 2005 , 6:28pm by SquirrellyCakes

peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 28 Jun 2005 , 4:28am
post #1 of 7

I think I spelled that wrong, but does anyone know where I can get a large one without having to spend a hundred bucks???

6 replies
jscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jscakes Posted 28 Jun 2005 , 4:54am
post #2 of 7

Oh boy, do I really want to know something right now.....no rock throwing at me for this, but what is a cake plateau? I'm thinking it's a cake platter on a pedestal...how close am I?

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 28 Jun 2005 , 4:56am
post #3 of 7

I froogled it and http://www.galasource.com/ came up as the best place to buy. I checked it out. The prices are great but I don't know if they sell in small quantities or to the public. Let us know if you decide to shop there.

Bubbles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bubbles Posted 28 Jun 2005 , 12:22pm
post #4 of 7

I actually just had to buy a 14" Silver Cake Stand (Plateau). I was usually $80.00, and it was on sale for $50. Plus if you spent $60 you got free shipping. So I bought my mom a birthday gift too. I didn't know what size you would need. Hope this helps a little at least.

http://www.monogrammedgifts.com/bridal.asp

SquirrellyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SquirrellyCakes Posted 28 Jun 2005 , 12:41pm
post #5 of 7

Jscakes, it is usually the term used for a silver or sometimes brass cake base stand. It is usually raised about 3 or 4 inches, with a flat top, sometimes with small feet. Very old idea that is new again. Some are heavily embossed, some are plain, they can be brushed or shiny finished. Some are described as having a mirror finish. Some people engrave them with a monogram or message. They are generally silver plated nickel, some are better quality than others.
Hugs Squirrelly Cakes

jscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jscakes Posted 28 Jun 2005 , 4:05pm
post #6 of 7

icon_redface.gif man, do I feel dumb! icon_redface.gif
Thanks SquirrellyCakes icon_biggrin.gif , I just checked out the link that Lisa posted and looked at them so I won't ask that question again! thumbs_up.gif

SquirrellyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SquirrellyCakes Posted 28 Jun 2005 , 6:28pm
post #7 of 7

Well JSCakes, we all didn't know what they were when they started using the term, I don't think it has been in use all that many years, maybe a couple when these made a comeback thanks to Martha Stewart and others that had the antique ones. They used to call them silver wedding cake stands or bases or plates, so there you go. Haha, I guess the term "plateau" is appropriately sophisticated, I call them expensive silver cake thingies, haha!
Hugs Squirrelly Cakes

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%