Confession I Dont' Think I'm Normal.

Decorating By agroeve Updated 17 Jul 2007 , 10:16pm by FromScratch

roxxxy_luvs_duff Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
roxxxy_luvs_duff Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 9:00pm
post #31 of 47

I dont like cake. I try and get my DH to taste things i make but he doesnt like cake either. I am a big fan of desserts but have never liked cake

GenGen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GenGen Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 9:01pm
post #32 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenGen

i think with me i'm more tired of cake then not liking it

Agree. It's burn out. After all the tons of cake I've made over the years, cake is just not a top priority for my taste buds.

But I'm an icing snob. The only icing i like is mine. icon_cool.gif If there's cake or cupcakes at a pitch in, I will scrape the icing off before i eat the cake, on the rare occassions that I actually take a piece of cake.

i'm bout the same way but i do have exeptionsn when i come across a good icing.

sugarbird Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarbird Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 9:06pm
post #33 of 47

I'm with you on this one. Love chocolate, don't drink soda..not a candy fan per se. Buttercream makes my eyes water. I work in a bakery and smell like donuts all the time- yuk. I have to wash my work clothes separately.... they made everything else smell like sugar and grease too!!
I even had a check-out guy at the pharmacy stop in the middle of ringing my stuff, look up and smile...."yummm, it smells like a bakery".
Right, that would be me.
Give me a big bowl of garlicky, cheesy, savory, yummy pasta over a piece of cake any day!!!
Blashphemy!!!! GOSH! tapedshut.gif

terrylee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrylee Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 9:10pm
post #34 of 47

See you thought you were alone at not liking cake.....me to.....I'm not a cake fan.....about the only one I like is Carrot....or a good ewey gooey brownie.....

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 9:13pm
post #35 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbird

I'm with you on this one. Love chocolate, don't drink soda..not a candy fan per se. Buttercream makes my eyes water. I work in a bakery and smell like donuts all the time- yuk. I have to wash my work clothes separately.... they made everything else smell like sugar and grease too!!
I even had a check-out guy at the pharmacy stop in the middle of ringing my stuff, look up and smile...."yummm, it smells like a bakery".
Right, that would be me.
Give me a big bowl of garlicky, cheesy, savory, yummy pasta over a piece of cake any day!!!
Blashphemy!!!! GOSH! tapedshut.gif

I worked in a bakery during high school and I still can't stand glazed donuts or caramel rolls. I eat a bismark or something maybe once or twice a year now and it's been over 10 years.

kerri729 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kerri729 Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 9:19pm
post #36 of 47

I don't really care for cake, but will eat it to taste it........I hate buttercream, and that's the most requested icing for my cakes, so I about gag after doing a big cake and my hands are covered in it. My mom always made me a lemon meringue pie for my birthday, which reminds me, next Sunday is my birthday--Oh I can't wait-- yep, at soon to be 34, she still bakes me a lemon meringu pie for my birthday! Oh, but cheesecake, to die for- I actually do alot more cheesecakes that decorated cakes...........so, you are not alone - I love to decorate, just don't really care to eat cake! icon_twisted.gif

lillykaci1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lillykaci1 Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 9:23pm
post #37 of 47

LOL I'm so happy that I'm not alone. I HATE TO EAT CAKE!!!! I enjoy decorating and baking them and having everyone tell me how good it is, but don't ask me to eat any of it!!!

In fact my birthday is comming up and I've already told my DH and my DD and his mother NOT to get me a cake!!!! MY DD said that we had to get cake and that she wanted to do it (she's 4) I told her to make her Daddy get one from DQ (ice cream cake Only place i know that doesn't do ice cream cakes with cake) and I would buy the stuff for her to decorate it. So NO CAKE!!!!!

mgdqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgdqueen Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 9:44pm
post #38 of 47

I eat cake once every few months-just to make sure I haven't lost my touch. I DO NOT like chocolate. YUK. I will eat cheesecake, but would rather have it with fresh fruit. I WILL eat an entire loaf of homemade bread with butter. When I bake it, I make sure everyone is home for dinner.

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 9:45pm
post #39 of 47

I get blackberry cobbler for my Bday YUMMY

SugarBakerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakerz Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 9:49pm
post #40 of 47

Ok my confession, I make my own birthday cake or I don't get one... unless it is an ICECREAM cake, cause I tell DH don't DARE buy or pay someone else to make one. If got some nasty cake I wouldn't be afraid to tell someone that!

maria892 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maria892 Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 9:51pm
post #41 of 47

I feel sorry for all of you!!! I've got to have a fix every day. But on the other hand I'm with mgdqueen - I love fresh bread and I cannot lie - with lashings of butter and of course our good 'ol Aussie Vegemite! YUM. I'm off to have some right now for brekky!!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 9:52pm
post #42 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgoat5

I get blackberry cobbler for my Bday YUMMY

Oh! Oh! Oh! Invite me! Invite me! Kentucky isn't far! PLEEEEEEEEEEEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! party.gif

Shaynamills Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shaynamills Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 9:56pm
post #43 of 47

I'm on the fence with this one. I love cake, but I scrape the icing off everytime unless it's a cream cheese icing (not CCBC) or whip cream. I hate BC and Fondant! I prefer cake with ice cream or whip cream and fresh fruit. I also don't like chocolate cake or most chocolate desserts for that matter. But as for my sweet tooth goes, I prefer a cobbler or pie, or cheesecake, oh and bars like lemon bars or pumpkin bars, YUM-O!!!! So you are not weird or abnormal, it takes all of us to make this place so beautiful!!!

MCook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MCook Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 9:57pm
post #44 of 47

The cake I really LOVE is..........cheesecake !!
Any kind, flavor,shape, description,....and........size DOES matter when it comes to a slice of cheesecake!!mmmmmmmmmmmmm

dolfin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dolfin Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 10:02pm
post #45 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajinaren

For me it depends what cake i bake..mostly i eat cake from other bakeries...my friends love my cake...vanilla cake...I hate it...I Taste it but dont love. If its a choclate cake or black forest i make...i really try it on the next day...not on the same day. I dont eat while cooking...

I am the same way. After spending 2 or 3 days on a cake I can't even stand the smell of it much less think about eating it, now a few days later I can scarf that cake down in no time time at all.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 10:03pm
post #46 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCook

The cake I really LOVE is..........cheesecake !!

I think I'm the only person in America who HATES cheesecake. icon_redface.gif Once a year, I'll take a bite just so I can remind myself "Yep! That's why I dont' eat it!"

We went to a restaurant once (no, it was NOT the Cheesecake Factory) and every dessert on their menu was a derivative of cheesecake. Ticked me off because that meant I couldn't order any dessert! icon_mad.gif

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 10:16pm
post #47 of 47

I don't LOVE cake.. but I will eat it. I don't like PS buttercream at much at all.. SMBC I do like to a point but I will push most of any icing off. I am a just give me a slice of cake with no icing kind of a girl. Chocolate if you've got it.. icon_wink.gif . The Chocolate Stout Cake from epicurious.com is one that I can eat a lot of though.. it's so good. Very rich.. I like it with nothing on it.. naked cake.. mmmmmm. Super scandalous.. icon_wink.gificon_lol.gif LOVE Cheesecake, but I can only have one slice.. I prefer pies and fruity desserts.. but over all I am not a big sweets person. I can't eat and eat and eat any dessert..

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%