How To Get Started

Decorating By littlelee Updated 13 Jan 2005 , 8:42pm by thecakemaker

littlelee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlelee Posted 13 Jan 2005 , 6:02pm
post #1 of 3

My husband and son have to make a cake together for Cub Scouts. It can be anything they want and the cakes are going to be judged. I saw a picture of a cake that was of an NFL football team. That seems like a good idea, but I have no idea of a recipe for this cake and how to get started. Can anyone help me. Thanks.

2 replies
oldboots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
oldboots Posted 13 Jan 2005 , 8:06pm
post #2 of 3

I have no idea what picture you saw so.....
Here is my suggestion.
Do it as a sheet cake. Make the cake a football field and put your local teams logo in the middle.
You can make the goal posts out of royal icing and then stick them in the cake to stand up. Do the sides with the grass tip. The rest could all be done with star tips.
Good luck.

thecakemaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakemaker Posted 13 Jan 2005 , 8:42pm
post #3 of 3

I made this suggestion to a friend a few months ago when her son had to decorate a cake for a cubscout auction and his cake got high bid...

get an icing sheet and edible markers and he/they can draw anything they want on it before icing the cake and putting the sheet on it. Might be an idea for how to make the logo to put on the cake. This particular boy drew a picture of a tent with trees and a campfire with a stream in the foreground.

Hope this helps!
Debbie

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%