Marshmallow Fondant...best Recipe Suggestions

Decorating By SueB Updated 17 Jul 2007 , 2:10pm by SueB

SueB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SueB Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 4:18am
post #1 of 5

Hi! I am going to be brave and try making marshmallow fondant. Any suggestions on the best and easiest recipe would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for all you help!

4 replies
hibbers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hibbers Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 4:46am
post #2 of 5

I just make Rhonda's Ultimate MMF for the first time tonight. I was sooo easy and turned out great! I didn't have the emulsion that it calls for so just used lemon extract. It even tastes good. The recipe can be found on this site. HTH!

jessicacourtney1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jessicacourtney1 Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 4:49am
post #3 of 5

one 1lb bag JETPUFF mm. one 2lb bag of C&H powered sugar, in a pyrex bow melt all the marshmellows and 2tbls water ( i nuke it for 30 sec then stir, and so on) once it is completly melted add about half the p.sugar, i mix this first part w/ a greesed spoon b/c that mm is HOT! the i sprinkle my very clean counter with some p.sugar and dump out the mixture and gradually add mor sugar, while kneeding like you would bread, i usually dont use all the sugar and it takes about 8-9 minutes to get it blended to the right consistancy, i ALWAYS wrap mine and let it set in the fridge for at least and hour or two if not more, when your ready to use it just pop it in the microwave for about 20sec at a time. (i know its long but i hope it helped)

kreuzfidel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kreuzfidel Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 6:31am
post #4 of 5

I take 450 g Marshmallow, melt it together with 3 tablespoons of water in the microwave, put it together with 500 g powdered sugar in the kitchen aid - it becomes very adhesive. Then I put another 500 g powdered sugar on awork surface and tilt the marshwmmlows-sugar on it and knead it with the hands until it is soft, mellow and dry.
Then I put it in a plastic bag.

Astrid

SueB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SueB Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 2:10pm
post #5 of 5

Thank you everyone for your recipes! I knew I could count on this board for help!!!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%