My 15 Minutes Of Fame With A Real Bridezilla

Decorating By MommaLlama Updated 30 Jul 2007 , 9:59pm by dezzib27

MommaLlama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MommaLlama Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 4:08am
post #1 of 37

Last year I posted that I had made a cake for a real Bridezilla, from the actual TV show. Well, it aired on June 17, 24, and July 1. I would have mentioned it before it was on but I didn't know until after. Anyway I thought maybe some of you had seen it. It was Alicia's wedding. She was a friend of a friend of mine. I read the blogs about it after it aired and the only positive thing they say about Alicia or her wedding is about the cake, which is good for me, but is really kinda sad. She was nice to me, I had told her I would make her cakes but didn't want to be involved in the show. I don't have cable and have never watched an episode but I heard it can get pretty wild, and I think Alicia's episode was no different.

Just wanted to share, here's a link to the cakes, I made her shower one too.

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=64737

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=58860

36 replies
divadanser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
divadanser Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 4:20am
post #2 of 37

beautiful cakes! do you have any tips on black fondant? i made a batch of mmf and used black paste and it turned my mmf crumbly-.....and btw- i totally saw your tiffany cake on that episode of bridezillas! YAY for you! awesome job!

tasty_treats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tasty_treats Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 4:21am
post #3 of 37

Your cakes are beautiful! It seems that a lot of shows pick and choose their moments that they air in order to get ratings. I'm glad that she was okay for you though.... I've read many other posts here stating how awful it can be to put up with some bridezillas.

Amy729 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amy729 Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 4:26am
post #4 of 37

Oh my gosh!!! I just watched that a couple days ago. I stayed up late just so I could see what her cake looked like. Alot of times it's like oh... but when I saw her cake I was like "WOW". Someone who can really decorate did that!

You did a great job!

MommaLlama Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 4:27am
post #5 of 37

divadanser, I always use satinice precolored fondant for black and red. It's to hard too keep the texture right with all of the color it takes to make those two colors.

AnythingSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnythingSugar Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 4:27am
post #6 of 37

Both of your cakes are beautiful. You did an excellent job.

sweetviolent Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetviolent Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 4:30am
post #7 of 37

i saw it !!!!!! and the cake was gorgeous!!!

missnnaction Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missnnaction Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 4:30am
post #8 of 37

I saw the episode and remembered your post about you doing a tiffany cake for someone.. I immediately said.. someone on CC did that cake.. It was beautiful and Alicia wasn't that bad.. she just wanted everything perfect.. and I totally understand why she was upset when they messed up the cake by moving it.. after she specifically said not too....Your cake was flawless..

rcs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rcs Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 4:31am
post #9 of 37

I actually saw that episode! Your cake was beautiful!

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 4:36am
post #10 of 37

I saw that episode! She really wasn't that bad, she was just stressed and who could blaim her. Your cake was gorgeous! I have to go tell my DH now who made it.

SweetLiner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetLiner Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 4:38am
post #11 of 37

I saw that episode too! icon_biggrin.gif

The cake looked awesome!

cakesbyallison Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyallison Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 4:42am
post #12 of 37

I just saw this episode the other night - that show is a trainwreck! ...but I always like seeing the cake! Your cake was beautiful! Good job! icon_biggrin.gif

divadanser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
divadanser Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 4:43am
post #13 of 37

thanks mammallama
can i purchase satinice in a store or just online? icon_lol.gif

MommaLlama Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 4:48am
post #14 of 37

divadanser, I get it online. They have a lot of colors, purple is another one i buy from them, it's hard to make too.

Here is a link to one place that carries it:

http://www.thebakerskitchen.com/CAKE_SHOPPE/Fondant_Gumpaste_%20Accessories/Rolled_Fondant_Icing/rolled_fondant_icing.htm

DollyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DollyCakes Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 1:57pm
post #15 of 37

I just saw that episode 2 nights ago! Your cakes are beautiful! She's a lucky Bridezilla to have you making her cakes.

apclassicwed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
apclassicwed Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 2:01pm
post #16 of 37

Saw that episode and thought that the cake was THE best part of the event!! Her father in law messed up a corner of the cake when the cake was moved against Alicia's wishes--I would've been ticked offed too !! Your cake was simply beautiful and elegant

Eggshells Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eggshells Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 4:11pm
post #17 of 37

Hey!!! I saw that episode also!!!!! loved the bridesmaid dresses and the cake was absolutely gorgeous.

She wasn't shown in a very good light, I'm afraid...but, if she was really the little witch they made her out to be...wouldn't she have thrown a major fit when she found they messed up the cake?

So, yeah...I think there is a lot of editing going on in these "reality" shows!

I think that even Mother Theresa would be shown as a NUNZILLA if they wanted to..lol

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 7:26pm
post #18 of 37

Congrats!! I saw that episode too and of course I always try to notice the cakes. So often I see them and think ick, but on yours I even commented to my fi that hey, that is a really nice cake! Nice clean lines and the color is spot on. Excellent workmanship!

moralna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moralna Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 9:20pm
post #19 of 37

I saw that episode as well and I remember getting angry myself when they ruined the cake board!! Your cake was beautiful! The bride didn't seem that bad - just a little spoiled but it seemed no one around her really respected her at all.

campinsp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
campinsp Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 9:46pm
post #20 of 37

Wow thats cool!!
Hopefully I will catch it on the reruns.
Nice cake thumbs_up.gif

Verina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Verina Posted 18 Jul 2007 , 7:44am
post #21 of 37

Lovely cakes - beautiful work...

MommaLlama Posted 18 Jul 2007 , 5:16pm
post #22 of 37

Thank you for the compiments on my cakes!!!

They do paint an ugly picture of the brides and their families in these shows, but like I said in my first post she was nice to me, but I told her that this was a hobby for me and she would have to be nice or NO CAKE! I also wasn't going to be on camera so that helped I think.

The couple is divorced now, which is very sad. I would hate to start my marraige with such negativity, but it was her choice to be on the show. It just doesn't seem to be a very good start if you want a happy healthy family. IMHO icon_sad.gif

shoup_family Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shoup_family Posted 18 Jul 2007 , 7:56pm
post #23 of 37

You did a wonderful job on your cakes. That's a good idea to buy red and black fondant precolored. I'll keep that in mind when I dare to venture into the fondant world. icon_biggrin.gif

JenWith Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenWith Posted 18 Jul 2007 , 8:06pm
post #24 of 37

I love that show actually. icon_redface.gif

I did see that episode and the cake was beautiful! Great job!! Not to go off topic or bad-mouth anyone but I said to myself that they would be divorced within a couple of years. They married so YOUNG. I'm sorry to hear that it actually happened.

2508s42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2508s42 Posted 18 Jul 2007 , 9:01pm
post #25 of 37

I also saw that show and my dh and I both said they would be divorced within a year. They really treated each other so badly. The comments he made about thinking that the stake he was pounding with a hammer...imagining it was her head. I thought...poor girl. Of course, she didn't need to leave him on the side of the road either.
Did they get a free honeymoon or something for doing that show? I can't imagine CHOOSING that for myself. I am not at my best when I am completely stressed out.

I loved the cake and totally thought that a high end bakery did it, NOT someone who does it for a hobby. I can't believe with your skill you aren't in business!!

MommaLlama Posted 18 Jul 2007 , 9:11pm
post #26 of 37

Since I don't have cable I didn't get to see the show, but I did hear that they were awful to each other. I also heard that they moved the cake after I told them that they shouldn't under any cercumstances. I brought the cake in three peices and put it together at their location, the cake board wasn't made to transport three tiers.

I would like to see the whole show, maybe I know someone who will tape/TIVO it for me. icon_rolleyes.gif

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 5:07am
post #27 of 37

try to contact the show through email and see if you can get a copy of it. You may have to pay a some money, but it would be worth it to have in your keepsakes box.

MommaLlama Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 5:13am
post #28 of 37

mkolmar, I didn't even think of that, duh . What a great idea! I think I will give it a try. I hope it comes with all of the f-bombs bleeped like on tv. lol I heard there were quite a few!

thecookiemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecookiemoms Posted 21 Jul 2007 , 1:04am
post #29 of 37

HA I just saw this episode!!! Crazy lady. Glad she was nice to you cause she really wasn't nice to too many people. GREAT CAKE!!

mvhatteras Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mvhatteras Posted 21 Jul 2007 , 4:25am
post #30 of 37

i saw that one! the cake was beautiful.

anybody who volunteers to be on a show called bridzillas cant really believe that they are going to be shown in a good light!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%