Looking For Xbox Cake!!!

Decorating By diane Updated 20 Jan 2005 , 3:23pm by diane

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 13 Jan 2005 , 2:06pm
post #1 of 9

has anyone seen a picture of an xbox cake. i can't remember where i've seen it. if anyone knows please let me know a.s.a.p. i want to do this for my son's 15th birthday next saturday.
diane

8 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 13 Jan 2005 , 3:33pm
post #2 of 9

Thanks Trish,

I couldn't find it to post!!!

Laurel icon_biggrin.gif

diane Posted 13 Jan 2005 , 5:18pm
post #3 of 9

hey, wait a minute. who said anything about me not being a member?
i am a member. can i please have the information. i seen the picture, but i need the directions on how to make it!!!!!
diane

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 13 Jan 2005 , 5:23pm
post #4 of 9

Hi Diane,

I don't know if it gave specific directions on how to make it but you could PM the person who did and they can tell you step by step how it was made!! I honesty don't remember who posted it but I know it was fairly recent.You could also put out a post in General discussion forum asking who did make the cake.They will come forward and be happy to help you!!

P.S. Are you referring to being a member of TCB or Cakecentral?.I am a bit confused...The cake was posted on TCB site in which you need to be a paid member to view some forums,pictures I think being one of them.If you are a member of Cakecentral whcih you are and you aren't on TCB then you wouldn't be able to browse the picture section.

Laurel

diane Posted 13 Jan 2005 , 5:50pm
post #5 of 9

oops! i'm sorry. i thought you were referring to cakecentral. i did however register with tcb and was viewing the xbox cake and how she made it. i just forgot where i seen it. i tried going to tcb, but i'm having trouble finding it. i am new to tcb so i didn't know where to go to get help finding it.
diane

trisha1972 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
trisha1972 Posted 13 Jan 2005 , 5:53pm
post #6 of 9

There's a button at the top of the page that says search. Type in xbox cake in the subject field, and it should pop right up.
That search feature is FANTASTIC!

Godiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Godiva Posted 17 Jan 2005 , 3:38pm
post #7 of 9

I have a cousin that draws and paints beautifully...I guess she was born with the talent...I sure wasn't...One day she was drawing something and I ask her how is it she did it...She tells me "You can do it too...you just have to draw what you see"...Duhh! Easier said than done....

Ten years later, here I am teaching myself how to decorate cakes; learning from others by mere observation and paying close attention to details...Her words echo in my mind all the time now because now I understand...I have done things I never thought myself capable of doing...

I've seen alot of talent and potential in this website, but feel many fear to adventure on their own...I've often worried about wasting time and materials in pursuit of a different cake. But if I don't, how will I learn? I can't afford expensive specialized classes. So I just go for it. I visualize the product I wish to replicate...Look at the basic shapes and sizes... And see it as an ordinary cake. Just divide the cake or object into different components and work on them one at a time...Use materials you have at home...Let that creative inner you manifest itself....I promise you you will be surprised as much as I have been...

See fondant as a piece of construction paper, and an exacto knife as your scissors...A bit fondant or gumpaste diluted in water as your glue...Paste colors as your crayons...Everyting else is up to you....

With this, I don't mean I dont' mind sharing what I've learned so far...I love this art with a passion and only wish to get better and learn more and more. Here is where everyone else on the site comes in; everyone shares for the benefit of all of us. But at the same time, I think it's important that we all push ourselves to do things on our own to gain that sense of accomplishment...the sense of "I CAN DO THIS", that sense of pride once you look at your finished piece.

It's the adventure, the daring, that will set you free.

My sincere best wishes to all.

curiegas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
curiegas Posted 19 Jan 2005 , 12:29am
post #8 of 9

HI Diane,

The XBOX cake you are looking for is also on Wilton.com its in the life celebration section of the forums. Here is the link:

http://www.wilton.com/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=4&threadid=77252&FTVAR_MSGDBTABLE=

Good luck. I am also contiplating whether to do this cake or a basketball cake for my nephew.

Cecilia

diane Posted 20 Jan 2005 , 3:23pm
post #9 of 9

thanks cecilia,
i didn't know it was on wilton, but there's only the picture and not the directions. i think i can handle it though. i'm going to use my husbands' xbox to help guide me. i will take a picture of it when i'm done and will try to post it here, if i can do that!
diane

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%