Uummmmm, What!?!

Decorating By Sandi4tpc Updated 16 Jul 2007 , 5:36pm by Eggshells

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 14 Jul 2007 , 6:04pm
post #61 of 182

And just because a place LOOKS clean doesn't mean the dishes are washed properly. My MIL is a neat freak but the way she does her dishes is disgusting. She has a sink of washing water and a sink full of rinse water, in theory it sounds good but after a couple sloshes from the wash into the rinse and a few dips there are bits of food floating and soap suds, I've even seen flies in the rinse water and she keeps using it. I've also seen her take a dirty knife, stick it in OLD dishwater and then wipe it with a paper towel before using it to scoop something out of a can (I was so glad to be on my way out the door).
She gets mad at me about how I do dishes too because I rinse everything under the running faucet with nice, fresh, HOT water, she says it's wasting water and stuff.
You would never guess about the way she handles her dishes LOOKING at her kitchen because it is always spotless.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 14 Jul 2007 , 6:27pm
post #62 of 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayDay

<!!!!!~~~~~~%*&$ Writhing on floor******~~~~~~trying to lick my ass@#$%*&........................Be with you guys in a minute!!

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Let us know how it works out!!!!

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

KayDay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KayDay Posted 14 Jul 2007 , 6:37pm
post #63 of 182

UPDATE: No ass lickery was accomplished in this mission...however after working with and satisfying 3 bridezillas today...I think fate had worked against me and decided for me that I had licked enough @sses for one day......... MUAHAHAHA

OhMyGoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhMyGoodies Posted 14 Jul 2007 , 6:39pm
post #64 of 182

lmfao Kay you're just too much hun!

KayDay Posted 14 Jul 2007 , 6:42pm
post #65 of 182

Thanks Becky...it is always my goal... icon_lol.gif However I gotta admit ..one of todays brides was amazing to work with.. not a bridezilla at all....I think ya coulda given her a twinkie and she woulda been pleased...all she wanted was simple and to be married to her love...and as of 1:00 today she was.

God I love this business!

OhMyGoodies Posted 14 Jul 2007 , 6:44pm
post #66 of 182

Yup I love the happy endings and love to see that smile and that sparkle when they see that final creation icon_wink.gif I can't wait until I'm good enough to do wedding cakes lol

GenGen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GenGen Posted 14 Jul 2007 , 6:57pm
post #67 of 182

i always rinse my dishes with running water too. i prefer it that way.

i grew up like your MIL. was raised to wash dishes like that sans fly though lol. we weren't allowed to rinse with running water; my parents too would have coniption fits if we did.

GenGen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GenGen Posted 14 Jul 2007 , 6:58pm
post #68 of 182
Quote:

<!!!!!~~~~~~%*&$ Writhing on floor******~~~~~~trying to lick my ass@#$%*&........................Be with you guys in a minute!!

Whew! nice to know one of us is flexible still icon_biggrin.gif

DoniB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DoniB Posted 14 Jul 2007 , 7:17pm
post #69 of 182

I have a cat who likes cookie dough, cake batter, icing, and if we don't keep it in a covered, sealed container, another cat who likes to lick margarine. NOT butter. Couldn't care less about the actual dairy product. MARGARINE. Sigh.

I, too, lock my cats up when I'm cooking. It's just safer that way. I do not sell my cakes, and I scrub my kitchen like crazy before I cook for anyone other than us, but there's a reason I wouldn't even try to make cakes for sale until I've got a completely separate space. icon_razz.gif

my cats are my babies, and I adore them, but I don't want them anywhere near my food. Disgusting! Nope, not gonna give them up. I'll just wait a bit longer to get a legal kitchen. icon_smile.gif That goes for the dog, too, though he's at least helpful... he's good with the cake tops. -grin-

Funny story, though. If you don't know your cats will do that, it's a lesson learned! But who would've thought, huh? icon_razz.gif

notjustcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
notjustcake Posted 14 Jul 2007 , 7:20pm
post #70 of 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakepro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoAnnB

that is generally why cats are not permitted in licensed kitchens. And where they walk, they leave dander and hair.

And walk on countertops and everywhere else with their nasty-ass litterbox feet.

I always find it amazing that people are ok with animals walking on the counters and being in a food prep area, but these same people would be grossed out by someone licking their fingers or touching their hair and then touching food.

And I do not for a second believe that keeping them out of the kitchen "while I'm baking/decorating" is any kind of safeguard.

It's these kinds of stories that make it very hard on the other home bakers and why we have health dept regulations to start with.

I apologize for being so blunt. I am not an animal hater .... but they have their place and my kitchen is not it.

I am sure this had happened to many, she was sharing her horror story but it was funny, I'm sure this won't happen to her again, I also found out the hard way my cat liked shortening, now outside he goes, which he doesn't mind, I also store my cakes in my garage refrigerator caused I also learned the hard way my Son and cake don't mix ,why did you all have to turned and start attacking her? If you didn't like the subject why didn't you roll your eyes and went to another forum? Get a grip you guys, you should be able to see the funny in things, the oops icon_redface.gif in things and just have a laugh, not everything has to be turned into a heated debate of "whatever vs whatever". Anyways everything ends up getting nasty only because we all have different opinions. I'm walking away now and I will not watch this topic anymore

eited to add " I also do agree cats are gross, they walk on who knows what, the litter box should be the least of my worries with an outdoor cat"

Cake_Princess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Princess Posted 14 Jul 2007 , 7:24pm
post #71 of 182

This thread is like a trainwreck....

..... You just can't look away!!!!!! icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gif

notjustcake Posted 14 Jul 2007 , 7:29pm
post #72 of 182
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMyGoodies

Maybe he/she thought it needed a little something something icon_wink.gif a little extra spit shine on it icon_wink.gif and you know oddly enough the scientists say that cats and dogs have cleaner mouths then humans icon_wink.gif

THey lick their butts. icon_rolleyes.gif

Cat licks their butts, and what do some humans do with their mouths?

dolfin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dolfin Posted 14 Jul 2007 , 7:32pm
post #73 of 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by notjustcake

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMyGoodies

Maybe he/she thought it needed a little something something icon_wink.gif a little extra spit shine on it icon_wink.gif and you know oddly enough the scientists say that cats and dogs have cleaner mouths then humans icon_wink.gif

THey lick their butts. icon_rolleyes.gif

Cat licks their butts, and what do some humans do with their mouths?

talking s@## doesn't count, but anyway I don't want them licking my cake pans either LOL icon_razz.gif

starkissdtears Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
starkissdtears Posted 14 Jul 2007 , 7:32pm
post #74 of 182

mbelgard,
I was raised to wash dishes half and half. My dad would fill up the washing sink and then rinse them off in the other sink with running water.
I don't do that anymore cause I can't stand the dirty water on the washing sink. I can't stand food touching my hands. (I know I'm weird) I get the hottest water I can out of the faucet and try to get all the food off the dishes that way and then I put soap on the actual dish and wash that way. I make sure to wash all the soap off (soap ingestion causes diarrhea :/). I can't stand washing the dishes when there is still food on them. It grosses me out.

notjustcake Posted 14 Jul 2007 , 7:32pm
post #75 of 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by whtrbbt420

I think what this thread needs, is some cat macros icon_lol.gif

Now that's funny! Kinda gross, but funny.

oh my Cat he has his butt on the dishwasher where we wash dishes so unsanitary!!!!!!!!!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

notjustcake Posted 14 Jul 2007 , 7:34pm
post #76 of 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by lchristi27

All in good fun. Our cat too loves Buttercream, since she is 13 years old, we dont see a lot of her, but after I'm done baking a cake, she strolls in meowing for a bite. Go figure.

Funny story, my high school graduation, many moons ago, I walked in before the party and the cat was SITTING on top of the cake. Thank goodness it was still in the box, but nothing like a big cat imprint on top of the cake icon_smile.gif

LMAO!

"This cake is delicious. What's in it?"

"Cat butt."

cat butT!!!!!!!!!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif I am lauging so hard my cat is looking at me like I'm crazy!!!!!

notjustcake Posted 14 Jul 2007 , 7:42pm
post #77 of 182

sorry I can't type anymore my cat is sleeping
LL

notjustcake Posted 14 Jul 2007 , 7:45pm
post #78 of 182
kwdonlon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kwdonlon Posted 14 Jul 2007 , 7:47pm
post #79 of 182

OMG Notjustcake...your sugarbritches is such an adorable baby!

Here's some more unsanitary for you all...one of the biggest carrier of germs into your house -- the bottom of your purse. Think of the places you put it while you're out.

My purse goes straight to floor of my closet now.

southerncake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
southerncake Posted 14 Jul 2007 , 8:18pm
post #80 of 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwdonlon

OMG Notjustcake...your sugarbritches is such an adorable baby!

Here's some more unsanitary for you all...one of the biggest carrier of germs into your house -- the bottom of your purse. Think of the places you put it while you're out.

My purse goes straight to floor of my closet now.

OMG! I am a definite germaphobe and I have never thought of the bottom of my purse!!!! I also love purse, so I have a lot of them -- more than I would like to admit. Now all I can think of is all the little germies crawling on the bottom!!!

And FYI -- the whole "dogs' mouths are cleaner than humans" is very untrue. I have watched several specials lately (I believe one was with Dr. Oz on Oprah, but can't remember for sure) that proved this statement very, very false.

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 14 Jul 2007 , 8:29pm
post #81 of 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkissdtears

mbelgard,
I was raised to wash dishes half and half. My dad would fill up the washing sink and then rinse them off in the other sink with running water.
I don't do that anymore cause I can't stand the dirty water on the washing sink. I can't stand food touching my hands. (I know I'm weird) I get the hottest water I can out of the faucet and try to get all the food off the dishes that way and then I put soap on the actual dish and wash that way. I make sure to wash all the soap off (soap ingestion causes diarrhea :/). I can't stand washing the dishes when there is still food on them. It grosses me out.

That's how I was taught to do dishes, I don't have a plug for my sink right now because I never used it and lost it. icon_lol.gif

butternut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butternut Posted 14 Jul 2007 , 8:36pm
post #82 of 182

Same here. No plug in my sink either. I wash each dish seperately with dishwashing liquid and then I put them in the dishwasher. I know it's weird but I just can't get it into my head that they get cleaned only by using the dishwasher. I know, I need help icon_lol.gif

SweetResults Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetResults Posted 14 Jul 2007 , 9:17pm
post #83 of 182

"cat butt"

Heh heh - she said "cat butt"

ROTFLMAO!!!!!

MemphisMom9801 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MemphisMom9801 Posted 14 Jul 2007 , 9:36pm
post #84 of 182

"This is delicious. What's in it?"

"Cat butt".

That totally made me laugh out loud, too!! icon_lol.gif

spongemomsweatpants Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spongemomsweatpants Posted 14 Jul 2007 , 9:46pm
post #85 of 182
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakepro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoAnnB

that is generally why cats are not permitted in licensed kitchens. And where they walk, they leave dander and hair.

And walk on countertops and everywhere else with their nasty-ass litterbox feet.

I always find it amazing that people are ok with animals walking on the counters and being in a food prep area, but these same people would be grossed out by someone licking their fingers or touching their hair and then touching food.

I am so right there with you. I do have a cat and I have seen what his paws dig into and it'd be a cold day in you know where before I will allow him on my counters. I am so paraniod abotu ti I won't even let him into my commerical kicthen downstainrs and it's not even finsihed being built yet! icon_lol.gif

Shelle_75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shelle_75 Posted 14 Jul 2007 , 9:52pm
post #86 of 182
Quote:

...but people eat out...assuming that those places are clean. Ill take my chances on the home baker.

AMEN!

Shelle

PS Most of this has been about cats, but does this all mean that it's NOT okay to let my dog lick my spatulas clean for me between batches? icon_evil.gif

OhMyGoodies Posted 14 Jul 2007 , 10:08pm
post #87 of 182

OMG Shelle how dare you even think of such things! You're the worst baker in the entire world! icon_wink.gif I say it's ok as long as you wash it thoroughly with scolding hot water and soap before placing it near food again icon_wink.gif

KayDay Posted 14 Jul 2007 , 10:09pm
post #88 of 182

Evil Shelle, I love you!

twinsline7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twinsline7 Posted 15 Jul 2007 , 12:45am
post #89 of 182

icon_confused.gificon_surprised.gificon_eek.gif ....ok I skipped about 20 pages...but I have a question....

WHICH METHOD DO YOU PREFER IN BAKING....SCRATCH OR MIX.....WHY? AND DO YOU TELL YOUR CUSTOMAERS ITS SCRATCH IF ITS MIX????

also....if you dont mind ...who you gonna for vote for president?

icon_wink.gif thanks in advance for quick replies! thumbs_up.gif ....and no need to save because I'll be sure to keep my post bumped up ....so not yelling at me for that icon_biggrin.gif

OH...and I have already seen the other threads about my above topics...so please no referrals icon_wink.gifthumbs_up.gificon_rolleyes.gif

OhMyGoodies Posted 15 Jul 2007 , 12:48am
post #90 of 182

I prefer mix because it's quick and no room for mess ups and because they taste better then the scratch cakes I've had.

I tell my customers I use box mix but CAN make scratch if that's what THEY prefer.

I don't vote sorry but I can say I would've never voted for Bush or Clinton icon_biggrin.gif

Not going to yell at your for bumping your own post hun icon_wink.gif

An offtopic not... your boys are adorable! icon_smile.gif And I'm sure trouble! lol icon_wink.gif

And I wanna say I think this is in the wrong thread hun lmfao icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%