Just Wanted To Say Hi And Wonder About Where To Start?

Decorating By ClarissaCakes Updated 19 Sep 2006 , 5:57pm by cakeladywalker

ClarissaCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ClarissaCakes Posted 5 Sep 2006 , 11:39pm
post #1 of 22

I just came across this site and it is so wonderful to be able to talk to other people who love to cake decorate like I do. I have been boring my poor husband with talk of sugar roses for weeks now. I do not want to be bothersome so I wonder if someone would tell me where I am to start. Do we just look thru all the subjects before asking a question so we do not ask duplicates? thank you and I am so happy to be here

21 replies
snarkybaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snarkybaker Posted 5 Sep 2006 , 11:41pm
post #2 of 22

Welcome!! icon_biggrin.gif

Marksgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marksgirl Posted 5 Sep 2006 , 11:46pm
post #3 of 22

Welcome aboard!! You will just love this website. If you saw the warning in the upper left hand corner "this website is highly addictive" It is!! icon_biggrin.gif

sweet_as_tisse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet_as_tisse Posted 5 Sep 2006 , 11:47pm
post #4 of 22

hi clarrisacakes

welcome to your new addiction!!!!!!!!! lol

if you would like to know something but can not find a post about it, just ask some one will answer you.

the forums are fantastic and you can usually find a post that answers the question you have, and even the one's you have not thought of yet, thats how great cc is.

you will love being here.

kylie

Bumps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bumps Posted 5 Sep 2006 , 11:48pm
post #5 of 22

Welcome..you don't have to look through all the
subjects, these guys here are so great they will answer and tell you where to go for the answer.
I love it here...

Samsgranny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Samsgranny Posted 5 Sep 2006 , 11:53pm
post #6 of 22

Just jump in with both feet thumbs_up.gif Welcome to your new addiction!

CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 6 Sep 2006 , 6:35pm
post #7 of 22

Welcome!! You will spend hours here icon_lol.gif and love every minute of it!

crisseyann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crisseyann Posted 6 Sep 2006 , 6:39pm
post #8 of 22

Welcome to the madness and addiction that is Cake Central! When I joined I tried to read all of the posts, starting from the beginning. It was very informative but it literally took me DAYS! I had to give up. Feel free to ask any question that you may have. Also, try to utilize the search feature to find specifics. Hope you enjoy yourself here.....this place is the best!

auntsushi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntsushi Posted 6 Sep 2006 , 6:47pm
post #9 of 22

Welcome !! I joined here a few weeks ago and LOVE it here! It IS ADDICTING icon_rolleyes.gif

I love to look at all of the cakes in the galleries to get ideas and people here have so many great suggestions. I can't wait to learn more and more!

Suzanne
Colorado

jelligirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jelligirl Posted 6 Sep 2006 , 6:48pm
post #10 of 22

hi clarissa! i used to live in stockton but moved back home to canada! anyway, welcome to the site and trust everyone when they say that this site is addictive...i am at work right now and keep sneaking on here to take a peek! icon_biggrin.gif

bfelt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bfelt Posted 6 Sep 2006 , 6:54pm
post #11 of 22

Welcome ClarissaCakes to CC...an addiction we don't want to cure. The members at CC are fantastic and very patient with those of us who ask questions that have already been asked. As Crisseyann said....it would take forever to scroll through all the forums. So, just ask away and someone will come to your aid.

Becky

CarolinaBelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolinaBelle Posted 6 Sep 2006 , 7:16pm
post #12 of 22

Welcome. This is a great site. There are so many helpful and talented people here. I agree, it is addictive. icon_smile.gif

denise2434 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
denise2434 Posted 6 Sep 2006 , 7:23pm
post #13 of 22

Welcome to CC!!! icon_biggrin.gif

sweetsuccess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetsuccess Posted 6 Sep 2006 , 11:02pm
post #14 of 22

Just jump on in and get your feet wet!!! WELCOME TO CC!!!!!!

MissT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissT Posted 6 Sep 2006 , 11:43pm
post #15 of 22

Ask away!!! Post away!!! and don't forget to post pics!!!! WELCOME!!!!!

ablksapphire Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ablksapphire Posted 7 Sep 2006 , 5:23pm
post #16 of 22

HI!! I'm brand new myself so I feel weird saying welcome to a site I've only joined days ago myself but these talented people are so incredibly friendly and willing to share any info they have to help you be successful. So the only other thing left to say is HAPPY DECORATING!!

lapazlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lapazlady Posted 7 Sep 2006 , 6:24pm
post #17 of 22

Welcome! You'll love the site. Everyone is kind and will help with anything you'd like to know. We love looking at other "artists" cakes, please post your photos. It is great fun to be part of the CC family.

dodibug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dodibug Posted 7 Sep 2006 , 6:44pm
post #18 of 22

Hi and welcome! I wouldn't try to read thru all the posts to get started but if there is something you are looking for try a search for it and if you don't get all the info you need or want we're here to help!! icon_smile.gif

cakeladywalker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeladywalker Posted 7 Sep 2006 , 6:48pm
post #19 of 22

W*E*L*C*O*M*E!!!!!!

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 19 Sep 2006 , 5:31pm
post #20 of 22

I do BOTH! icon_biggrin.gif
I ask questions, and at the same time am working my way through one forum at a time.
You might be surprised to find that YOU are able to help someone even though you are new. I have often been able to direct someone to an old post that was forgotten about that answers their questions. (I have only been decorating since June, myself.) icon_smile.gif
Welcome aboard! icon_smile.gif

auntsushi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntsushi Posted 19 Sep 2006 , 5:41pm
post #21 of 22

Welcome !!! I found this site a few months ago and I spend HOURS looking at posts and pictures (I can do it alot at work when there is nothing going on - lucky me).

You will see certain abbreviations on here and at first you may not know what they are:

MMF - marshmallow fondant
BC - buttercream frosting
IMBC - italian merigue buttercream
SMBC - Swiss meringue buttercream
HTH - hope this helps
FBCT - frozen buttercream transfer

I think there is a page somewhere that shows all of the abbreviations but I can't remember where it is. Anyone ???

You'll have alot of fun here. I've asked so many questions already and people are SO HELPFUL !! icon_smile.gif

cakeladywalker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeladywalker Posted 19 Sep 2006 , 5:57pm
post #22 of 22

Thanks so much for putting the abbrev. up!*!*!*

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%