Nfsc Question

Baking By mkolmar Updated 16 Jul 2007 , 3:20am by mkolmar

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 11 Jul 2007 , 11:38pm
post #1 of 7

Does this recipe 1/2 well?

Also, I only have 1 stick of butter plus 1 margarine---will this work okay (I've only ever used butter)?

6 replies
mkolmar Posted 11 Jul 2007 , 11:43pm
post #2 of 7

okay, I just read that it can be 1/2. so I'm okay there, but can I use the margarine?

CupCake13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CupCake13 Posted 12 Jul 2007 , 4:02am
post #3 of 7

I wouldn't use margarine. Seriously. It has a higher water content and your cookies could turn to moosh.

I wouldn't risk it if I were you.

Cuppy - who loves the NFSC recipe.

(ps: make a full batch and freeze half of it. It freezes quite well!)

mkolmar Posted 12 Jul 2007 , 4:23am
post #4 of 7

Thanks, I actually just made them. I went out and bought some butter. I hate margarine and have had those 4 sticks in the back of my fridge (not opened) for about 1 year now. They are still good, does that stuff ever go bad?

Anyways, thanks for the advice. I just made the some and am freezing the rest.

cakeatopia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeatopia Posted 12 Jul 2007 , 10:42am
post #5 of 7

I have used margarine--although I really try to use butter when baking--it works fine. The reason i began using margarine was b/c I was doing so many cookies for my son's preschool class and those kids eat dirt--lol. Tastes fine too.

Also, I believe you just need to watch the % of water. Anything under 60 is not good for baking and def not the light kids.

And i always half the recipe since my 4.5qt KA doesn't like huge amounts of dough.

JRAE33 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JRAE33 Posted 13 Jul 2007 , 1:22pm
post #6 of 7

I know this is kind of late since you've already baked, but for future reference...I use margarine all the time. Just have to be careful about water content (as was already mentioned). I tried using Blue Bonnet and my cookies failed...went back to Imperial and they are fine.

mkolmar Posted 16 Jul 2007 , 3:20am
post #7 of 7

Thanks, I have another 12 to bake tomorrow.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%