Cupcake Ideas

Decorating By dressmonster Updated 14 Jul 2007 , 7:17am by socake

dressmonster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dressmonster Posted 11 Jul 2007 , 5:19pm
post #1 of 4

Hi everyone, im after some ideas.
Im donating some cupcakes to my daughters school fete (shes 9) and im after some inspiration!
Want to make them look really good.
Any help with be appreciated thumbs_up.gif

3 replies
aoliveira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aoliveira Posted 11 Jul 2007 , 10:48pm
post #2 of 4

Does the fete have a theme? I assume it will be outdoors. If that's the case and there's no particular theme, then I would do something summery...green icing piped like grass and either a big gumpaste colorful flower or several little ones, but definitely colorful, like orange, yellow, and red flowers.

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 13 Jul 2007 , 5:23pm
post #3 of 4

You could do "bug" cupcakes. I use the cookie wafers sold at the grocery store (maybe 2" round, and chocolate). Cut the wafer in half (very simple) and use these as the wings for the bug. Ice some cupcakes a solid yellow, others a solid red. The yellow will be a bee, the red a lady bug. Pipe black stripes on the yellow cupcake. Pipe red dots on the wings for the ladybug. Use large gumdrops for the bug's head. Yellow gumdrop for the bee, black for the lady bug. You can make other bugs using green icing and the green gumdrops, too. I push the wings into the cupcake, but you can attach them with large dabs of icing, if you want.

socake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%