Cake Icing

Decorating By Beamer Updated 31 Aug 2006 , 5:27pm by MrsSoko

Beamer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Beamer Posted 31 Aug 2006 , 4:59pm
post #1 of 9

How do I keep colored icing from staining lips/teeth? I am currently using Wilton Coloring, is there something else I should be using?

8 replies
awolf24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
awolf24 Posted 31 Aug 2006 , 5:03pm
post #2 of 9

As far as I know - that is just the way it is, especially with darker colors. It doesn't matter what brand you use.

cindy6250 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindy6250 Posted 31 Aug 2006 , 5:03pm
post #3 of 9

I don't think you can prevent it, just brush your teeth really well after eating it.

Welcome to Cake Central!!!

Cindy

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 31 Aug 2006 , 5:03pm
post #4 of 9

Nothing you use will prevent this...all the companies colors cause some sort of staining but it is temperary and kinda fun!!

lilie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilie Posted 31 Aug 2006 , 5:06pm
post #5 of 9

WELCOME!!!!!!
Stained teeth is a sign of a piece of cake enjoyed!!!!!

bekahscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bekahscakes Posted 31 Aug 2006 , 5:07pm
post #6 of 9

I don't know of any way to prevent this. But if you have a toddler still in diapers that eats a lot of cake with colored frosting on it then you know that your lips and mouth aren't hte only things that change colors.

BakeQueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakeQueen Posted 31 Aug 2006 , 5:10pm
post #7 of 9

If you find anything that does prevent it let me know! I do a lot of fun colors and that is always one of my concerns. If I have a cake to do that is going to be an intense color, I usually will airbrush it so that the frosting underneath the color is white to cut down on the discoloration.

nickshalfpint Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickshalfpint Posted 31 Aug 2006 , 5:21pm
post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by bekahscakes

I don't know of any way to prevent this. But if you have a toddler still in diapers that eats a lot of cake with colored frosting on it then you know that your lips and mouth aren't hte only things that change colors.

Yeah, I was changing my 1 year old after she had some Spiderman cake and I was greeted by red and blue poop!

MrsSoko Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsSoko Posted 31 Aug 2006 , 5:27pm
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by bekahscakes

That made me laugh. I remember those days! The worst thing though... my son LOVED blueberries... they had the same effect!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%