Mango Filling Ideas???

Decorating By kymscakes Updated 31 Aug 2006 , 1:14pm by magentaa23

kymscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kymscakes Posted 31 Aug 2006 , 3:33am
post #1 of 6

I am making a luau cake this weekend and I am stumped, I want to make a tier with angel food or white cake with mango filling. I am not sure how to do it, I also have a wedding cake and 2 birthday cakes so I am not too into experimenting, any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I searched and searched and couldn't find anything.

5 replies
NATYCORAL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NATYCORAL Posted 31 Aug 2006 , 3:38am
post #2 of 6

what i do is take the mango pulp that goya sell in the freezer area and put it with 2 cups of water and 1 cup of sugar and 2 tbs of corn starch and put it to steam/// you will taste ... i usually use the pineapple , for me it taste better in the cakes and goes with almost any cake ... good luck !!

kymscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kymscakes Posted 31 Aug 2006 , 4:33am
post #3 of 6

I really wanted to try the mango thing for a bit of a surprise. bottome teir is going to be chocolate with ganach, middle coconut and I thiught mango for the top, I'll consider the pineapple, I see your point.

vande3boys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vande3boys Posted 31 Aug 2006 , 4:46am
post #4 of 6

Maybe try a whipcream base and flavor it with mango juice and small bits of fresh mango. Good luch let us know what you do and how it turns out so that I can copy icon_wink.gif

jmt1714 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jmt1714 Posted 31 Aug 2006 , 1:06pm
post #5 of 6

why not cook down a couple of mangos into a jam and use that as a filling?

magentaa23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
magentaa23 Posted 31 Aug 2006 , 1:14pm
post #6 of 6

at one of the places i used to work we made angel food cakes filled with mango mousse

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%