Hillbilly Theme

Decorating By kakedecorator Updated 18 Jul 2007 , 2:51am by andi462

kakedecorator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakedecorator Posted 8 Jul 2007 , 5:10pm
post #1 of 14

I am in need of ideas for a hillbilly cake. I did a search and it came up with two cakes. Neither fits. It's for my "baby" brother (9 of 9), we are Yankees but ever since he move to Nashville, TN everyone has refered to him as the "hillbilly" so I would like to do a birthday cake for him with a "hillbilly" theme. Any ideas??

13 replies
LittleLinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleLinda Posted 8 Jul 2007 , 6:28pm
post #2 of 14

beer, missing teeth, and trailors come to mind for me.

music77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
music77 Posted 8 Jul 2007 , 6:33pm
post #3 of 14

My Aunt had a wedding with this theme. The cake was made with farm animals and the farmer and his wife from the lil' people collection. All the guests had to wear overalls and straw hats and the party favors were corn cob pipes. For the seats my mom got bales of hay. Hope this gives you some ideas.

SugarBakerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakerz Posted 8 Jul 2007 , 6:34pm
post #4 of 14

how bout a pair of worn out overalls, red and white plaid tablecloth, and some corncobs icon_smile.gif

KayDay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KayDay Posted 8 Jul 2007 , 6:45pm
post #5 of 14

Our fellow CC'er ( and my fellow Alabamian) FYTAR did an AMAZING outhouse cake that cracks me up every time that I see it...
LL

JenniferL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferL Posted 8 Jul 2007 , 6:45pm
post #6 of 14

hmmm... I'm thinking...outhouse? LOL! Spoken like a true hillbillie (raised in WV and now in Arkansas. icon_lol.gif ) The overalls idea is really cute or a character cake in the overalls with bare feet, a straw hat and corn cobb pipe.

grannys3angels Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grannys3angels Posted 9 Jul 2007 , 6:39am
post #7 of 14

I also am a Yank, who had southern parents and married a southern man, my sisters & brothers have called me a hillbilly for years.

1. Maybe you could do a pick up truck with a outhouse in the back of it and a write something like "Hillbilly's (meaning your brother) port-a-potty".
2. Or a cake shape like a out house with a stack of corn cobs and a sign saying "Hillbilly's Toilet Paper" could even add to that...."it's rough & tough and don't take no crap off no one" icon_lol.gif

3. I saw cute picture once it was a cow with a sock on each leg and a motor cycle seat on it's back with the saying "Hillbilly Motorcycle" Cow-A-Socky.
4. You could do the open book cake and at the top put the Hillbilly Dictionary and then list things like "A Poke"= means a bag, "Yeller"= means yellow, "Kiver"= means cover, "Hur"= means here, "Hollerin"= means yelling, "Par"= means power, ect. and then something like "Hillbilly"= means (then put your brothers name).

Hope these can help you out with coming up with an idea.
God Bless,
Sharon

TRisser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TRisser Posted 9 Jul 2007 , 6:53am
post #8 of 14

[quote="grannys3angels"]"it's rough & tough and don't take no crap off no one" icon_lol.gif

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ROFL. That is too funny.

icon_lol.gifcowboy.gif

grannys3angels Posted 9 Jul 2007 , 6:55pm
post #9 of 14

icon_lol.gif it is funny Trisser, but I can not take credit for it. It is a line from an old joke about generic toilet paper and John Wayne. I thought it went good with the theme of the outhouse and corn cobs.

God Bless,
Sharon

maryjsgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maryjsgirl Posted 10 Jul 2007 , 12:05pm
post #10 of 14

How about some roadkill with a fork in it?

Mrswalters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mrswalters Posted 10 Jul 2007 , 3:51pm
post #11 of 14

I love the idea of the outhouse with the corn cobs. Too funny. icon_eek.gif All of these are great ideas. I'm sure your brother would get a kick out of any of them.

kakedecorator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakedecorator Posted 11 Jul 2007 , 2:44am
post #12 of 14

I loved the idea of an outhouse cake. Thought that would be great for hillbilly and his middle name is John. But I had a 12" round cake in the freezer that I need to use so that ruled it out. I put a picture of the cake in my photos.
Thanks everyone for all your ideas. I love CakeCentral!!!!

grannys3angels Posted 11 Jul 2007 , 5:54am
post #13 of 14

It turn out WONDERFUL!!!!! and you did a really great job on it. I love the picture you put on it and your cake looks beautiful and very yummy!

I bet he loved it and I bet he got a big kick out of the hillbilly theme.

God Bless,
Sharon

andi462 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
andi462 Posted 18 Jul 2007 , 2:51am
post #14 of 14

We did an "Oh Brother, Where Art Thou" themed birthday party for my father a couple of years ago. I made a man out of fondant wearing overalls and white tshirt, missing teeth, barefoot, 5-oclock shadow, etc. He was in a sitting position so that I propped him up to sit on the side of the top tier of the cake. He turned out pretty cute.... (funny thing about it is he turned out looking like a hillbilly version of my dad!) icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%