How Much Would You Charge?

Decorating By heavenscent Updated 8 Jul 2007 , 4:31am by heavenscent

heavenscent Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heavenscent Posted 7 Jul 2007 , 11:47pm
post #1 of 10

I have a customer who wants a two tiered mini version of a wedding cake to serve 30 people. Also a small cake with graham teddy bear swimming pool theme. Thanks

9 replies
heavenscent Posted 8 Jul 2007 , 1:50am
post #2 of 10

hello help please

heavenscent Posted 8 Jul 2007 , 2:39am
post #3 of 10

no one has any ideas?

heavenscent Posted 8 Jul 2007 , 3:28am
post #4 of 10

ok now I am starting to feel this a little personally like I have been on the black list. hahaha I always get lots of help on here no one has any ideas icon_twisted.gif

mekaclayton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mekaclayton Posted 8 Jul 2007 , 3:35am
post #5 of 10

i charge $3+ for tiered cakes...never did a mini cake though. But sounds like a little bit of work with the teddy bear theme. How is this cake to be done? Sheet cake, 2-D, 3-D...?

Gingoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gingoodies Posted 8 Jul 2007 , 3:36am
post #6 of 10

ok I will throw my 2cents in... for the 2 tiered cake I would charge at least $60 There is always a little more stress in stacking any cake. Even a small one. I am doing a two tier engagement cake for 60 and charging $120. As far as the pool cake.. it would depend on the size of the cake and how much detail you would do.

smbegg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smbegg Posted 8 Jul 2007 , 3:38am
post #7 of 10

Well, there needs to be more info to help. What size are the cakes to be? What types of frosting/fillings. All those go into determining my prices.

If you can give me those, I can let you know how much I would charge.

Stephanie

GenGen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GenGen Posted 8 Jul 2007 , 3:40am
post #8 of 10

depending how big the occassion is i make cakes for; usualy with close friends and family i take the cost of the cake materials and add just a little bit to it. i dont like charging them more then that and i tell them up front what the supplies cost; they always throw in extra for my work. i dont have alot of close friends i mean; and family i dont like to charge them period. i do however do cakes for my FIL whos a c ounty sheriff- he heads up the search and rescue org here etc and he pays me for my work and supplies from their funds.

hope this helps a little.

tobycat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tobycat Posted 8 Jul 2007 , 3:45am
post #9 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by heavenscent

I have a customer who wants a two tiered mini version of a wedding cake to serve 30 people. Also a small cake with graham teddy bear swimming pool theme. Thanks

Well, a cake serving 30 and especially with the work to make it a mini-wedding cake -- I would charge $100.

I did a teddy bear swimming pool cake (it's in my pics), and I would charge at least $40.00.

HTH -- S.

heavenscent Posted 8 Jul 2007 , 4:31am
post #10 of 10

thanks guys for your input.
thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%