Soldier Welcome Home Help!

Baking By ape Updated 4 Sep 2006 , 2:29pm by ape

Zamode Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zamode Posted 2 Sep 2006 , 12:51am
post #31 of 35

Ape they look great! Glad to hear your bro is coming home, God bless him!

prettycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prettycake Posted 2 Sep 2006 , 12:55am
post #32 of 35

How about writing : "Proud Sister Of An American Soldier " usaribbon.gif

ape Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ape Posted 4 Sep 2006 , 2:09pm
post #33 of 35

I have returned! He ended up coming in Saturday evening, so we got to spend a little time with him. It was especially cool to see him come in on the plane and be a part of the welcome home ceremony! 3 of my 4 eagles broke, but all in all, they survived pretty well. I will probably need some advice on packaging before I attempt to mail cookies anywhere!

Thanks everyone for all of your advice and compliments. We are so proud of him and thankful to have him back in the states!

bekahscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bekahscakes Posted 4 Sep 2006 , 2:25pm
post #34 of 35

I'm so happy that you got to see hime for longer. One of my neighbors got home this weekend too. I stilll have a little more time to plan for my husbands home coming since he doesn't get home until March. I plan to have cake, cookies and a house that's so decorated that it looks like something out of the movie Christmas Vacation. There is nothing that can compare to the pride of your "soldier" coming home.

ape Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ape Posted 4 Sep 2006 , 2:29pm
post #35 of 35

I'm sure you can't wait for your husband to come home! We will continue to pray for all the soldiers and their families!

I also was amazed at the base itself.....I've never been on a base before and was amazed at how big it was and how it was like it's own little city! We stayed at the Turner House which was really nice. Of course I got to go to the PX, see my brother's room and all sorts of other "everyday" events for you bekah! Also....was REALLY glad to see that there is a Starbucks going in soon!! I only wish it had been there this weekend!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%