Sams Bucket Of Buttercream Icing

Decorating By MeloMiMi Updated 23 Jul 2013 , 6:32am by CLW

LAJUANA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LAJUANA Posted 26 Aug 2006 , 1:21pm
post #31 of 44

Where is the buttercream located? I have searched the website and can't find it. Do you pruchase from the bakery? I buy Imperial White by Henry and Henry at a restaurant supply in a 30# tub fro 35.00. It is wonderful. The price doesn't sound bad at all for this buttercream offered by Sams.

kdhoffert Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kdhoffert Posted 26 Aug 2006 , 1:26pm
post #32 of 44
tazzack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tazzack Posted 26 Aug 2006 , 1:41pm
post #33 of 44

I buy my Buttercream Icing ready made by a company called DAWN foods. I live in Canada but they do have locations is the U.S. I get compliments on it all the time about how great it tastes. It is VERY easy to work with as long as the temp in my kitchen isn't too high.
Tracey

FunnyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FunnyCakes Posted 11 Sep 2006 , 11:37pm
post #34 of 44

I just picked up the frozen Bettercream and tested a small amount for some cupcake icing.

I must have done something wrong. Maybe it was too cold when I whipped it - but it got hard - and I mean hard! Like real butter in the fridge - I couldn't spread it for the life of me.

Does anyone who works with this stuff have any tips on whipping it?

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 13 Sep 2006 , 4:07am
post #35 of 44

Here's a link to Dawn Foods:

http://www.dawnfoods.com/

butterflyjuju Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butterflyjuju Posted 13 Sep 2006 , 4:49am
post #36 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunnyCakes

I just picked up the frozen Bettercream and tested a small amount for some cupcake icing.

I must have done something wrong. Maybe it was too cold when I whipped it - but it got hard - and I mean hard! Like real butter in the fridge - I couldn't spread it for the life of me.

Does anyone who works with this stuff have any tips on whipping it?

Just whip it until it's the soft peak stage assuming you bought the liquid form. If you bought the already whipped it doesn't need any more whipping. Sounds to me like you whipped it into a sugared butter.

ann jackson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ann jackson Posted 19 Nov 2012 , 1:10am
post #37 of 44

Yes you can buy in the bakery area , medium size buckets of frosting as well as 25lbs buckets -- they also have many different colors in a 5lb pound buckets , and they also have the large buckets of the whipped icing , but you have to go there in person and put your order in and 3 - 4 days later your frostings will have come in from sams supplier and you pay for frostings at the register , i did this quite a lot --- i ran my own bakery for 2 years and now i'm cclosed because of the ecomony . they do not give samples of any frostings as they use the same frostings there to decorate their stuff .

ann jackson Posted 19 Nov 2012 , 1:22am
post #38 of 44

you do not try to rewhip the bettercream ,  its already whipped just allow what you need to use to defrost about thirty mins , then put the amount
you'll need in your frosting bags with the tip you'll be using and you can do your cupcakes , cakes , and cake frosting and also use same for your tip deccoraating
on whatever  you need to decorate . you also can add your paste , or gel colors to the bettercream without thining it down and decorate . i hope i have been

helpful for  bakers as i had to go through trials and tribunes to learn this as i was a self taught baker and decorator and i did great , i made only homemade cakes as each customer would order and i always had fresh cakes , i even used bettervream frosting on cupcakes , and even made ice cream cakes with this . i love this product .  i hope this helps you in the future , HAPPY BAKING TO US ALL .

ann jackson Posted 19 Nov 2012 , 1:28am
post #39 of 44

Yes you can buy in the bakery area , medium size buckets of frosting as well as 25lbs buckets -- they also have many different colors in a 5lb pound buckets , and they also have the large buckets of the whipped icing , but you have to go there in person and put your order in and 3 - 4 days later your frostings will have come in from sams supplier and you pay for frostings at the register , i did this quite a lot --- i ran my own bakery for 2 years and now i'm cclosed because of the ecomony . they do not give samples of any frostings as they use the same frostings there to decorate their stuff .

ann jackson Posted 19 Nov 2012 , 1:34am
post #40 of 44

Blumom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Blumom Posted 17 Jul 2013 , 6:50pm
post #41 of 44

I want to let you know I always buy mine at Sam. This is a great price. and it last a long time. I keep the bucket on my kitchen counter. as long as you keep it in a cool place. the last bucket we got lasted me 9 months. some times lass and some time more then that. it all depends on my baking needs. I guess I am luck to have a spouse that help's with my baking orders. so he know how much I save with buying this bucket. If you take the cost of all the items you will need to make your own for the amount you get in this bucket you will be well over $100.00.. Good backing I wish you enough.:)

Jimbos76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jimbos76 Posted 17 Jul 2013 , 7:43pm
post #42 of 44

I would love to hear from a few more people who have used the BUTTERCREME and/or BETTERCREME how it works with decorating a cake, specifically, can you smooth either one using the VIVA method?  Thanks

CLW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CLW Posted 23 Jul 2013 , 6:30am
post #43 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdhoffert 

I have never bought the sam's icing personally, but have tasted a cake that used it and for me I thought that it was really sweet and left a nasty film afterwards. If you want pre-made icing, I live here in Indiana, and Country Kitchen Sweet Art, www.countrykitchensa.com is here. They have the best pre-made icing that I've ever tasted. I've tasted the sam's, Kroger, and Meijer. I make my own because I prefer the taste a lot better, but if I'm in a hurry I use theirs. They use the high ratio shortening in it. I personally think that it's worth the $39 for the 25lbs if you're in a hurry or want to have some on hand for back up.

Hi, I use the Buttercreme icing in the large buckets from Sam's all the time. It's a little over $38 here in Ga. It tastes great and holds colors wonderfully. You don't have to add as much color as you do with the normal buttercream/Crisco recipe and they turn out brighter too. I haven't figured out exactly how much money I'm saving but know I couldn't make this tub for $38. You can use it straight from the bucket or whip it. If I'm not in a hurry, I'll whip it a little and it's even smoother. It's not hard to smooth at all when it's bought fresh but once it's opened, it does tend to get a little thicker over a couple of weeks. All I do is put some in my KA, add some water and whip it until it's the texture I want. I add flavors as needed and sometimes just a little extra vanilla. And if for some reason, you whip it too much, just add some powdered sugar and it stiffens right back up. Very versatile product and I haven't ever had anyone say it tasted bad, was too sweet, or tasted storebought. In fact, I did a wedding cake last week that was made to serve 150. Due to bad weather, only about 50 people came to the wedding. Those 50 guests ate almost the entire cake and several people told me it was the best cake they'd ever had. So for the sake of convenience, I'll keep with it.

CLW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CLW Posted 23 Jul 2013 , 6:32am
post #44 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLW 

Hi, I use the Buttercreme icing in the large buckets from Sam's all the time. It's a little over $38 here in Ga. It tastes great and holds colors wonderfully. You don't have to add as much color as you do with the normal buttercream/Crisco recipe and they turn out brighter too. I haven't figured out exactly how much money I'm saving but know I couldn't make this tub for $38. You can use it straight from the bucket or whip it. If I'm not in a hurry, I'll whip it a little and it's even smoother. It's not hard to smooth at all when it's bought fresh but once it's opened, it does tend to get a little thicker over a couple of weeks. All I do is put some in my KA, add some water and whip it until it's the texture I want. I add flavors as needed and sometimes just a little extra vanilla. And if for some reason, you whip it too much, just add some powdered sugar and it stiffens right back up. Very versatile product and I haven't ever had anyone say it tasted bad, was too sweet, or tasted storebought. In fact, I did a wedding cake last week that was made to serve 150. Due to bad weather, only about 50 people came to the wedding. Those 50 guests ate almost the entire cake and several people told me it was the best cake they'd ever had. So for the sake of convenience, I'll keep with it.

Oh.and I use the Viva method with the Buttercreme from Sam's on every cake. Crusting time is minimal. 5 minutes and it's ready to Viva.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%