Have You Ever...

Decorating By thedessertdiva Updated 3 Jul 2007 , 6:34pm by snarkybaker

thedessertdiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thedessertdiva Posted 2 Jul 2007 , 7:14pm
post #1 of 11

Made a cake that you thought was really fun, but a WHOLE lot of work and said..."boy am I ever glad I am DONE with this!!"...

and then bring it to an event only to have 3 more people decide they like it as much as you and then want you to make one for them too??? icon_eek.gif

Ugh...

I had a blast with this cake, but it was my 1st 3D cake and it was hard. My DH helped ALLOT and even he said, next time i'm on my own. (thanks... icon_rolleyes.gif ). Now 3 more moms want it for their kids birthdays later this year. Oh well, the price we pay for excellence!!!

10 replies
Sugar_Plum_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 2 Jul 2007 , 7:18pm
post #2 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedessertdiva

..... Now 3 more moms want it for their kids birthdays later this year. Oh well, the price we pay for excellence!!!

Yeah, but just think about the price they're gonna have to pay you!! icon_wink.gificon_lol.gif

pb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pb Posted 2 Jul 2007 , 7:30pm
post #3 of 11

Now you've done the first the others will be a breeze. I hope you kept lots of photos to remind you. Why not try to make a few notes whilst it is still in your mind.

I often think I will remember when I do the next one and often forget, so i started to write down little hints and details to remind me when I next do a complicated cake like that one.

Well done - it looks great. thumbs_up.gif

randipanda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
randipanda Posted 2 Jul 2007 , 8:42pm
post #4 of 11

I can see why people wanted you to make them one though! Well done!

(If you have a few moments maybe you could write a quick summary of how you made it? I know my son would LOVE a Lightening McQueen cake for his birthday, and I have no idea where I'd start.)

LauraS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LauraS Posted 2 Jul 2007 , 8:58pm
post #5 of 11

o, what a great cake, I would order one.

And the ideas of either writing down or taking pics, what a great idea. thank you, thank you ,

ladefly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladefly Posted 2 Jul 2007 , 8:59pm
post #6 of 11

i agree.... eehhh hmmmm maybe you can throw i few hints this way .....hmmmm
my 4 year old would loooooooove it.
This looks fantastic!!! great job. The more times you do it, the easier it will get. !!!!

step0nmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 2 Jul 2007 , 9:02pm
post #7 of 11

This is a GREAT cake! Of course more people would want one! Stick to at least $75 for this cake and then up it from there as you get more detailed. You probably DID put a lot of time into it since this was your first time! It will get easier! And I would also jot some ideas down of what you did like the others suggested. Also, take pics as you go through steps for your next cake. Pictures make everything easier!

Good job!

thedessertdiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thedessertdiva Posted 3 Jul 2007 , 5:09pm
post #8 of 11

Hehehehee...Ladies you're great! I took all your advice and called the moms and let them know that I would be honored to make their cakes. I was a bit nervous about telling them..."And that will be $75.00, 1/2 due 3 weeks before baking begins". But, I bit the bullet, stood my ground and did it, and they were like "Thats All???"... icon_surprised.gif

I am working on my step by step tonight and I'll have it posted up here as soon as I can.

Again, you all are great. Thanks!

ladefly Posted 3 Jul 2007 , 6:04pm
post #9 of 11

good luck !!!!!!!!!!!!
you WILL do wonderful!

ladefly Posted 3 Jul 2007 , 6:05pm
post #10 of 11

good luck !!!!!!!!!!!!
you WILL do wonderful!

snarkybaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snarkybaker Posted 3 Jul 2007 , 6:34pm
post #11 of 11

Bless your heart for getting tose kind of results with decorators icing. Wow!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%