20 replies
mypugross Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mypugross Posted 22 Aug 2006 , 11:08pm
post #2 of 21

wow thanks! i love abc.

SugarHighCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarHighCakes Posted 22 Aug 2006 , 11:12pm
post #3 of 21

THanks for the links icon_smile.gif I checked my catalog out and bought the books icon_smile.gif

Pokadots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pokadots Posted 22 Aug 2006 , 11:12pm
post #4 of 21

Wow! Thanks for letting us know, I've never heard of abc distributing before.

patton78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patton78 Posted 22 Aug 2006 , 11:15pm
post #5 of 21

Thank you soo much, don't have much time to shop now but this site looks really interesting. Saved to my favs!

bodaisy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bodaisy Posted 22 Aug 2006 , 11:17pm
post #6 of 21

just to let you know... the debbi brown books are sold here onsite.. I didn't realize that myself until after the fact (as I posted a thread regarding them being in the abc book) I had Heath delete my post as the CC store is what keeps the website going for free... BUT that was my choice, NOT the moderators!!!! Heath did say though that because it was "wholesale" he'd let it fly for a bit..

just wasn't sure if you realized they had some of the products on-site :0)!

Thanks
bo

btw..great find!

mdelmauro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mdelmauro Posted 22 Aug 2006 , 11:18pm
post #7 of 21

Never heard of this place before CC but what great prices, have saved to favorites and will check them out as soon as I get some $$$. Thanks for letting everyone know. This site is GREAT and everyone is extremely helpful.

TPDC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TPDC Posted 22 Aug 2006 , 11:19pm
post #8 of 21

Wow, thank you for the information!

JoanneK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoanneK Posted 22 Aug 2006 , 11:22pm
post #9 of 21

Wow those are wonderful prices. I bought both of the Debbie Brown books for much more. Dang it!

I don't think I will order the decorating set as they are plastic and from what I've found plastic stuff doesn't hold up that well. But it would be great for kids to play with.

The cup cake stand is a super price too.

Lalana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lalana Posted 22 Aug 2006 , 11:44pm
post #10 of 21

Just wanted to let everyone know that they can't give you a freight quote when you order so sometimes it's not as good as you'd think. I still love ABC but my sis threw a fit when she found that out. And delivery time is long too. I get my silicone bakeware from them and it's cheap and wonderful!!

nokddng Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nokddng Posted 23 Aug 2006 , 12:15am
post #11 of 21

I haven't received their catalog in over a year so I wasn't sure how ordering from them worked. I think I ordered one thing from them but don't remember how long it took, etc.. I'm looking at the order form now and it says shipping and handling charges are billed at the time of shipping and it depends on the size, weight and destination. They can't quote anything at the time the order is placed. They bill you upon delivery.

Just thought I'd put it out there for others to see.

Momof3boys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Momof3boys Posted 23 Aug 2006 , 12:19am
post #12 of 21

I love that site although I've never ordered from there. I would love to get those books but don't want to be icon_surprised.gif shocked at the shipping charges. Anyone else use them and can tell us more about shipping $$?
TIA

Diane

Laura102777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Laura102777 Posted 23 Aug 2006 , 12:34am
post #13 of 21

I used to order from there with my coworkers (previous job), and the shipping was never that bad. I don't remember how much for example, but it was never a sticker shock issue.

Momof3boys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Momof3boys Posted 23 Aug 2006 , 12:46am
post #14 of 21

Ok thanks Laura. I think with the prices of those books it will still be a great deal even if shipping is a little more than I expect.
Thanks again!!

DiscoLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DiscoLady Posted 23 Aug 2006 , 4:55am
post #15 of 21

$4.95 for the cupcake stand???Daaaamn...wish I'd seen that earlier.
ABC has some awewome stuff!
Thanks!

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 23 Aug 2006 , 5:07am
post #16 of 21

Awesome deals! I love buying S-T-U-F-F! Makes me wish I had a business...icon_sad.gif

Oh well...

It'd be nice to get a slew of those kits and have decorating time with a group of interested kids!

tonenia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonenia Posted 23 Aug 2006 , 8:24pm
post #17 of 21

Hey gals, just be sure and check the measurements of some items. They look great in the picture but when you get your measuring stick out and check it out sometimes the item is extremely small and does not look like the size shown in the picture.

MelissaLynn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MelissaLynn Posted 23 Aug 2006 , 8:33pm
post #18 of 21

That's funny. My Mom ordered me the books and 2 of the cupcake stands for an early birthday. I was so excited when she gave them to me early. (BDay not till November)

Katskakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katskakes Posted 23 Aug 2006 , 8:37pm
post #19 of 21

I love abc too. but when you get the bill after the s/h it's the same price if you buy it outside. I have paid anywhere from 4.95-8.95 for small stuff. it's crazy. i've been trying to stay away from it for that reason. Stuff don't come as quick as you wish they would either.

kjgjam22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjgjam22 Posted 24 Aug 2006 , 12:51am
post #20 of 21

thanks for posting....never heard of them before. going to get a catalog. icon_smile.gif

coolmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
coolmom Posted 24 Aug 2006 , 1:03am
post #21 of 21

Their shipping can be a little high sometimes and sometimes they have shipped one little thing to me in a huge box and then sent the rest of my order in another box the next day. Don't get me wrong though, a lot of their prices are really good. I think the best way to do it is to take up an order from a lot of friends and then split the shipping costs. It seemed to work out for the ladies at my work that way.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%