Wedplan.net, What Do You All Think.

Business By countrysidecakes Updated 23 Aug 2006 , 2:17pm by SweetArt

countrysidecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
countrysidecakes Posted 22 Aug 2006 , 11:17am
post #1 of 5

O.K. I am new to the forum, but not to cake decorating. I was just wondering if any of you all have used the services that wedplan.net offers? I have had about 30 emails since yesterday when I signed up as a vendor, but you have to pay 2 bucks a lead or upgrade to professional account, not sure how much that costs, seams like a good system, But I am not sure about that, I don't want to pay all this money to get nothing in return. Thanks for answering my question.

4 replies
peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 22 Aug 2006 , 12:48pm
post #2 of 5

i've never heard of it... could get costly though. I would want to know these are real leads, and not people just price shopping or sing what's out there.

modthyrth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
modthyrth Posted 22 Aug 2006 , 3:30pm
post #3 of 5

I run an online wedding business (making tiaras and accessories out of real pearls and swarovski crystals) and I have to say those pay-per-leads forms of advertising have *never* turned into a converted sale for me.

The problem seems to be that the bride clicks my link (for tiaras) but the question is always something like "I'm planning a wedding for 100 people and my budget is $10,000 and I need to find a reception site." It's never, ever related to my business. (Is this an appropriate time to mention that I freakin hate brides?)

Now, my company is national/international, so none of the area-targeted sites are appropriate for me, like the ones a cake business would use would be. So maybe their algorhithms and controls are better for local services only. If you can give it a try for only a few leads, it might be worth a test. But I definitely wouldn't waste much money without a conversion and proof that it will work for your business.

TPDC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TPDC Posted 23 Aug 2006 , 5:02am
post #4 of 5

I have never heard of this site, so I am sorry, but I am useless here. But I will give you a bump, because I am interested also.

SweetArt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetArt Posted 23 Aug 2006 , 2:17pm
post #5 of 5

I've tried them before. I got interest, but not one of the leads actually lead to a sale. I stopped answering leads under a certain number of guests, and more than 6 months out. I think they are mostly just people price checking and daydreaming, but not looking to buy yet. Most brides get onto every bridal planning site and start filling things out just to see. I did not find it worth it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%