My Teacher (Chef) Offered To Buy A Copy Of My Portfolio...

Business By Chef_Mommy Updated 22 Aug 2006 , 12:11am by playingwithsugar

Chef_Mommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chef_Mommy Posted 21 Aug 2006 , 2:12am
post #1 of 17

I am currently in school to become a pastry chef and I just finished my cake assembly class. The final for this class was to put a portfolio together of all the cakes I made in this class. I made my portfolio which included the recipes for all the components of the cake, pictures of the finished cake,and I thought it would be a good idea to include a diagram of each cake. He was so impressed with my work that he was showing it to everyone. Then later in the day he offered to pay me for a copy of my portfolio to use as a guide for future classes icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gif I am so excited!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Just wanted to share my good news. Here is an example of one of the diagrams I made.
Thanks
Jackie
LL

16 replies
Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 21 Aug 2006 , 2:16am
post #2 of 17

WOW oh WOW oh WOW!!!!!

that is soooooooooooo EXCELLENT!!!!!!

might we hope to see some of these be posted to the sketches, templates and patterns gallery?? please?!

to think -- already an almost published author! thumbs_up.gif

Chef_Mommy Posted 21 Aug 2006 , 2:19am
post #3 of 17

Thanks for the GREAT comment thumbs_up.gif! I will work on getting these into those sections.

Thanks again!

Jackie

TPDC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TPDC Posted 21 Aug 2006 , 2:24am
post #4 of 17

That is WONDERFUL! Congratulations on being recognized like that!

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 21 Aug 2006 , 2:35am
post #5 of 17

That is so great to hear! Keep up the good work! thumbs_up.gif

cupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcake Posted 21 Aug 2006 , 5:57am
post #6 of 17

It looks like you took alot of time and effort to put your work on paper. I am glad that you have a watermark on them. I feel like you should get the credit for your work. Great job and Good Luck with your career.

Pootchi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pootchi Posted 21 Aug 2006 , 12:49pm
post #7 of 17

Wow that's great!!!!
good job, it's excellent
thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

mgdqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgdqueen Posted 21 Aug 2006 , 12:57pm
post #8 of 17

Jackie-that's GREAT! How exciting! Wow Doug-she's a girl after your own heart!! icon_biggrin.gif

Omicake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Omicake Posted 21 Aug 2006 , 1:08pm
post #9 of 17

Fantastic!!! You surely are very meticulous with your work. Congrats!!!
I've always loved your fairy avatars!

namaman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
namaman Posted 21 Aug 2006 , 1:20pm
post #10 of 17

Congratulations!! That is really great... Would you mind letting us know what program you used to create your diagrams?

justducky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justducky Posted 21 Aug 2006 , 1:35pm
post #11 of 17

What a great job and alot of work!You derserve the kudos for this one!!

sweetbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetbaker Posted 21 Aug 2006 , 1:46pm
post #12 of 17

Congratulations! I see why he wants to use it as a guide for future classes!! That's terrific!

What program did you use to do the diagram?

sugartopped Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugartopped Posted 21 Aug 2006 , 2:21pm
post #13 of 17

if the rest looks as good as the pic you posted...I can see why he offered to buy it!!

Congrats!!

Chef_Mommy Posted 21 Aug 2006 , 11:53pm
post #14 of 17

Thanks to all for your great comments and support.

I used a combination of Adobe programs to make these diagrams . They each took quite a while to make. I'm glad everyone liked them.

Thanks
Jackie

kris_813 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kris_813 Posted 22 Aug 2006 , 12:01am
post #15 of 17

You did a fabulous job!!

RisqueBusiness Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RisqueBusiness Posted 22 Aug 2006 , 12:03am
post #16 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmosquera

I am currently in school to become a pastry chef and I just finished my cake assembly class. The final for this class was to put a portfolio together of all the cakes I made in this class. I made my portfolio which included the recipes for all the components of the cake, pictures of the finished cake,and I thought it would be a good idea to include a diagram of each cake. He was so impressed with my work that he was showing it to everyone. Then later in the day he offered to pay me for a copy of my portfolio to use as a guide for future classes icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gif I am so excited!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Just wanted to share my good news. Here is an example of one of the diagrams I made.
Thanks
Jackie

WOW, we had to do the same project for our cake class..lol which school are you attending?

I'm not too computer savy so I just did mine by hand!

But I would LOVE to have mine look like that. Maybe you can "develop" a program and get rich selling it..lol

Congrats!

PS: I don't think I would sell, once you do..you don't have rights to the material anymore. If he is suggesting to PAY you for a "COPY" and you can retain the credit and water mark..then sure go for it!!!

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 22 Aug 2006 , 12:11am
post #17 of 17

Congratulations! If your instructor thinks your diagrams are that good, get a professional publisher to print them for you, then sell the copies. I'm next in line! Present a few of your diagrams to other schools, and see if they would be interested, also.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%