How Freaky Is This?

Lounge By mbelgard Updated 21 Aug 2006 , 11:34pm by lakecountrymommy

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 20 Aug 2006 , 3:46pm
post #1 of 15

A few weeks ago we went to the circus with my in-laws. On the way home our 3 year old had to go to the bathroom, we were in the middle of nowhere so we stopped at a camping area/lake with an outhouse. I was at the car with the kids but my husband and FIL saw a guy sitting on a swing in a way that made it look in the dark like he was tied up. He was wearing a thong swimsuit or underwear and they asked if he was okay and he kind of grunted. There weren't any vehicles around or anything so they were worried there was something wrong with him, maybe high or had been dropped off there. We left VERY quickly and my FIL called 911 from his cell after we were out.
Yesterday we found out what was going on. They had been getting calls all that day from people about this guy and finally took some dogs up there where they found another guy tied up! The guy on the swing had been torturing him all day! icon_surprised.gif
And my babies were up there.

14 replies
Pootchi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pootchi Posted 20 Aug 2006 , 3:55pm
post #2 of 15

OMG!!!!!! icon_surprised.gif
it's freaky alright!!! it gave me chills!!! is the other person ok?
and thinking you were so close to that...

there's some sick poeple out there!!!!!!!

mbelgard Posted 20 Aug 2006 , 4:00pm
post #3 of 15

He was found alive, I don't know about any injuries though.

Dordee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dordee Posted 20 Aug 2006 , 5:46pm
post #4 of 15

That just gives me chills all over! Thank God that sicko didn't try to harm your family!

srdegelos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
srdegelos Posted 20 Aug 2006 , 8:35pm
post #5 of 15

WOW I think I would call that a divine appointment from God. Maybe you guys saved that man's life. I can't imagine someone being torchured all day! That's really a sicko that would do that! It's a good thing you called 911 a lot of people wouldn't have even cared enough to do that.

mbelgard Posted 20 Aug 2006 , 8:42pm
post #6 of 15

The thing is that we weren't the first to call. A woman had been up there with her kids and at least one other person had called as well. I don't know if they sent someone up on the first few calls or not, it would have been easy for him to hide from people, it's miles of woods up there with thick underbrush. It wasn't until they'd had a bunch of calls that they really got serious about it.
I still get the shivers thinking about what he could have done to my kids.

Samsgranny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Samsgranny Posted 20 Aug 2006 , 9:08pm
post #7 of 15

This is so scary, I can't even imagine if that was one of my family members this guy had up there. I wonder how long it took the police to get up there? How long this guy was tortured before he was rescued...

mbelgard Posted 20 Aug 2006 , 10:07pm
post #8 of 15

They said it was going on all day and when we got there it was about 10-10:30pm.
Even if they went up right away it's 20 miles or so from the nearest town.

mmdd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmdd Posted 20 Aug 2006 , 11:59pm
post #9 of 15

OMG!!!

I'm glad your children were ok!!! And, that the police got him--wiat...did they get him? Or just find the other guy?

LittleLinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleLinda Posted 21 Aug 2006 , 12:52am
post #10 of 15

I got such chills reading that. I'm glad your husband called 911. It's too bad that they had to get several calls to finally respond! Your husband probably saved that guy's life!

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 21 Aug 2006 , 2:21am
post #11 of 15

WOW- that is freaky....

Monica0271 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monica0271 Posted 21 Aug 2006 , 4:00am
post #12 of 15

Oh My Gosh~that is freaky!! I am SSOOOOoooo glad your kids & you all are ok!!

cupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcake Posted 21 Aug 2006 , 7:13am
post #13 of 15

That is horrible. It seems like there are more and more incidents of these nut cases running around. I watch C-Span the other day on Children and the internet, and I was appauled that this sick-o's are getting to children in record numbers. We have to be so careful nowadays. I am glad you guys got out of there when you did.

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 21 Aug 2006 , 12:03pm
post #14 of 15

Which is why I think this site is good for kids...if someone posts a post on this site stating that they are looking for other ____(insert age) year old decorators- there is a zero-tolerance policy on these types of posts. You never know when an adult could be posing as a child.

lakecountrymommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lakecountrymommy Posted 21 Aug 2006 , 11:34pm
post #15 of 15

It would be interesting to read the news reports on this one. Any leads?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%