Frosting Heart Shaped Cakes

Decorating By birdgirl Updated 20 Aug 2006 , 12:59pm by loves2bake

birdgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
birdgirl Posted 20 Aug 2006 , 1:05am
post #1 of 4

I am to make 2 sheet cakes for a wedding and they would like having tiers of cupcakes for the main cake. Originally they wanted the small heart shaped cupcakes--foil type for cupcakes by the Reynolds company and I would decorate the top only. Now they want the cake out of the tin for the cake with it all frosted. The mother tried baking the cakes and had to rip the cake out of the little tin--she wanted to see if it could be done. Anyway they want them iced smooth and I was wondering if that was possible? They are small and with the curved shape I don't know how smooth I can get them. I will try Viva, but any other ideas?

Thanks!

3 replies
Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 20 Aug 2006 , 1:11am
post #2 of 4

i wouldn't even try to frost them, but would treat like overgronw petit fours and used a poured covering, like poured ganache

birdgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
birdgirl Posted 20 Aug 2006 , 12:31pm
post #3 of 4

Thank you Doug for your help!

loves2bake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loves2bake Posted 20 Aug 2006 , 12:59pm
post #4 of 4

There was a thread recently about flattening the cupcake tops first that was very interesting. It said something about filling the muffin tins just enuff so that the cupcakes rise just above the top of the pan. When u take them out of the oven, flip the pan over and press it down so that the cupcake tops are flat, then ice as u would a regular cake. I'll try to find the thread if u want it, but it will be later tonight.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%