Pollyscakes Roses

Decorating By Bololouco Updated 16 Sep 2006 , 3:21pm by Bololouco

Bololouco Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bololouco Posted 19 Aug 2006 , 11:45pm
post #1 of 4

thus any body knows how to make the lovely polly roses? I can not do it. sorry for my english
thank you

3 replies
doescakestoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doescakestoo Posted 14 Sep 2006 , 8:15pm
post #2 of 4

I hope I can help you..... Do you mean her "ribbon roses"? If so that should be easy. Lets start with roll out the fondant too about 5-6 inches long and 1 inch wide. Fold the long piece in half (You will then have 1/2 inch) Don't press the fold only at the piece where the cut meets. Then twirl from the center out so that it like a real ribbon rose. You can do it. When I learned it I was amazed at how easy it was. At the end fold the end down. and tuck it to the bottom of the rose. I wish I had my pictures so that I can post here. Give me some time and I will send them here. Please practice.

lapazlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lapazlady Posted 14 Sep 2006 , 10:28pm
post #3 of 4

This is the first time I think I understand how to make the ribbon rose. I do have one question, do you "squeeze" the folded side as you "twirl" the rose? I'll get to practice this week end. thank you

Bololouco Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bololouco Posted 16 Sep 2006 , 3:21pm
post #4 of 4

thank you for your atention.
i mean the big ribbon roses she puts on the top of her cakes. They are a little bir diferent of collete´s ribbon roses are they not?
thank you and i hope to see your fotos very soon.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%