Update:pebbles In Powdered Sugar

Decorating By cupcake Updated 19 Aug 2006 , 9:58pm by kjgjam22

cupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcake Posted 19 Aug 2006 , 10:55am
post #1 of 3

I finally was able to speak to a Quality Control Person at Walmart Corp today regarding some of our concerns about pebble like pieces in the GV brand of powdered sugar. Domino Sugar makes the GV brand for Wal-Mart. As it was told to me, there are drums that turn the sugar and cornstarch together, if the drums are not cleaned on a regular basis the sugar sticks to the drum, therefor causing the sugar to become hard. It is important to note that if you have a bag that has these pebbles keep it. I have the number to report the problems. They need to have the product numbers from the bag, not UPC code, that way they can identify the distribution center and plant and when it was made. For your information, GV brand is a 10X Sugar and has 3% Cornstarch per bag. I left the number at the shop or I would go ahead and post it. I will update with the number sometime this week-end.

2 replies
thecakemaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakemaker Posted 19 Aug 2006 , 11:17am
post #2 of 3

Thanks! I've had trouble with the "store" brand from several different stores. One local chain the entire box hardens. I always stick with Domino and luckily haven't had a problem with that!

Debbie

kjgjam22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjgjam22 Posted 19 Aug 2006 , 9:58pm
post #3 of 3

pebbles????? put the sugar through the food processor....that would get rid of it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%