***help - Need Mmf Help!!!***

Decorating By Rowls Updated 29 Jun 2007 , 2:32am by Rowls

Rowls Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rowls Posted 28 Jun 2007 , 10:43am
post #1 of 7

Just ruined a whole batch of MMF icon_cry.gif and need to make another. Is it absolutely imperative that it is left overnight before using or can I use it straight away? What will happen if it is used straight away? Thanks so much for any help I can get!

6 replies
Starkie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Starkie Posted 28 Jun 2007 , 10:48am
post #2 of 7

Rowls,

I have NEVER left my MMF to sit overnight. I always use it immediately, without any problems. Just make sure you knead enough sugar into it so that it won't stick when you roll it out. Good luck!

<M>

Rowls Posted 28 Jun 2007 , 10:52am
post #3 of 7

Thank you thank you thank you! icon_biggrin.gif

DoniB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DoniB Posted 28 Jun 2007 , 10:53am
post #4 of 7

I generally let mine sit long enough to cool a bit, maybe an hour or so, but then I use it as soon as that's happened. I hardly ever let it sit overnight, as it seems to get too hard that way.

Definitely knead in enough sugar not to stick, though! That's my biggest problem with it. icon_razz.gif Still learning, though.

Good luck!

mommalud Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommalud Posted 28 Jun 2007 , 11:21am
post #5 of 7

i hopr you don't have a problem with it - i have to use mine asap also.
i would think it will fine because i always warm it back up to use it anyway?
good luck!

Carson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carson Posted 28 Jun 2007 , 1:47pm
post #6 of 7

I find mine usually works better sitting overnight - however, once it cools you can totally go ahead and use it!

Rowls Posted 29 Jun 2007 , 2:32am
post #7 of 7

Thank you so much for your help. I used it as soon as it cooled and it was perfect! Even better than leaving it overnight as it was the perfect consistency...I am never going to leave it overnight again! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%