Using Parchment Decorating Cones

Decorating By cakesinma Updated 15 Jun 2005 , 10:21pm by debsuewoo

cakesinma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesinma Posted 15 Jun 2005 , 8:32pm
post #1 of 8

Can you change tips with a parchment decorating cone? I used one yesterday and *loved* how well it closed up and how much easier it was to work with but it seems to me like you can't use a coupler with them? And so can't change tips? Is that right?

7 replies
ang_ag82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ang_ag82 Posted 15 Jun 2005 , 8:37pm
post #2 of 8

I've actually have used a coupler with them, however you have to make sure not to cut a lot of the tip off the bag. They work great with the coupler too.

cakesinma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesinma Posted 15 Jun 2005 , 8:45pm
post #3 of 8

Oh good! I'll give it a try then.

eve Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eve Posted 15 Jun 2005 , 8:45pm
post #4 of 8

I use disposable plastic ones. Parchment is good for small jobs. I'm always worried it would break if I squeeze hard...

peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 15 Jun 2005 , 9:18pm
post #5 of 8

I use the parchment ones all the time.... big or little jobs! They work great and I 've neve had one bust! Knock on wood!

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 15 Jun 2005 , 9:22pm
post #6 of 8

Parchment bags work just fine with a coupler, but as mentioned, don't cut off too much of the end of the bag. I always put a piece of tape on the seam so I don't have to worry about it opening up by accident

jpdesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jpdesserts Posted 15 Jun 2005 , 10:09pm
post #7 of 8

I was taught to use 2 parchment bags with no coupler. Use a 15 inch "inside" bag and fill with icing, cut end (tip) of bag (not too big), put tip on outside. Now take an 18 inch "outside" bag, tape end (tip) of bag with freezer tape (to re-inforce tip), cut end big enough to fit tip. Now slide inside bag (with tip) into outside bag. Works well! The bag will not bust but if end is cut too big or too small you will get icing all over the inside bag or your hand will feel like it's going to fall off because of all the pressure. Hope this explains things well enough. icon_biggrin.gif

debsuewoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debsuewoo Posted 15 Jun 2005 , 10:21pm
post #8 of 8

I absolutely hate the disposable bags! As a result, I have TONS of them because when I got back into decorating I thought they would be okay AND I got a GREAT deal on boxes of them from Party City (closeouts). I inherited MIL's parchment triangles and fell in love with them. Infact, our new Walmart opened today and they had the 15" triangles... I had only seen the 12" up until today.

Debbi

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%