Significant Others

Decorating By debsuewoo Updated 17 Jun 2005 , 6:35pm by Misska21

wandy27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wandy27 Posted 15 Jun 2005 , 8:20pm
post #31 of 48

I met my hubby when he became the new guitarrist in a church band I sang in. I was 18 and he was 21. We dated for 6 months got engaged in June 91 and married Dec. 91, yeap very fast. 13 years together and 4 girls, ages 12, 10, 9 and 7. Also have a cat 6 months old and cockatail called Paulie.

Wandy

twindees Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twindees Posted 15 Jun 2005 , 8:27pm
post #32 of 48

I love all these stories. They are all soooo sweet.

alracntna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alracntna Posted 15 Jun 2005 , 9:02pm
post #33 of 48

I was dating a friend of my husband about 16 years ago. One night as I was on the phone with this guy in walks my future husband and I heard his voice say "Who are you on the phone with?" Well we started talking on the phone and it didn't take long before I broke up with the other guy. We wanted to meet before it went any further so at that time the $1 movies were still around so we met there. I saw him walk up and I knew it was him. We dated off and on for 6 years starting in March of 1990 then we got serious in March of 1996 then we finally got married October of 1997 we now have two beautiful kids. 8yob and 4yog. I have never been happier.

GinaJuarez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GinaJuarez Posted 15 Jun 2005 , 9:10pm
post #34 of 48

Okay, my turn! My boyfriend and I met at my house! I had just, 1 week earlier, ended a horrible relationship with my ex-boyfriend. Long story short, he hit me, I called the cops, he went to jail.
My best friend came to live with me, and on that very first night(Sunday), she invited this guy she was interested in from her school over to my house. He was bringing 3 of his friends over. Don't know why the guy thought he needed reinforcements, but I guess that's a whole other story. I had initially planned on not being there when these people came over. I was not the least bit interesting in trying to hook up with anyone else or even meeting anyone, especially with my pretty black eye icon_surprised.gif
I decided to stay because my friend had a tendency to get herself in situations that she can't seem to handle. They came over, and I noticed that this one guy was totally hot!!! So we were all talking and before you knew it, it was 2a.
The next day, I get a phone call on my phone, and it was the hot guy. We talked for a good 4 hours and set up a date for that Wednesday. Almost 3 years later, we are still together and happy. Funny thing is, we met on his birthday. Even on his birthday, he still has to buy me stuff! I love it!!! thumbs_up.gif

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 15 Jun 2005 , 9:30pm
post #35 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetCaramel

okay, I can't take it no more. What is DH? Have mercy. I am new on this site. I know it has something to do with your other half???

This link might be of some help!!

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-2926.html

cakeladyofga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeladyofga Posted 15 Jun 2005 , 10:33pm
post #36 of 48

DH and I met thru (of all people!) my mother and his aunt! We were married 13 months later. We now have two girls age 9 and 6. We'll be married 10 years this Friday June 17th!

nanni Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nanni Posted 15 Jun 2005 , 10:36pm
post #37 of 48

Halloween is a magical night-ghosts and goblins to prove it! Who knows, maybe he'll propose on Halloween-see what's in your pumpkin!! Keep us posted!

momsandraven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momsandraven Posted 15 Jun 2005 , 11:53pm
post #38 of 48

I love everyone's stories! My DH and I met online through "Love@aol"! I had a personal ad, and Bill was one of the few non-sickos who replied. I was really just looking for someone to date for a little while, since I knew I was about to relocate to AZ from IL for work. We chatted online for a couple of weeks, then on the phone, then finally met in a city half way between mine and his for our first date. When I walked into the restaurant, I knew I was done looking for Mr. Right! Which left me with the dilemna of what to do about relocating, since my job would not exist at my location in IL. Well, a few months later, I quit my job and moved to his city. 1 year later we got married, and we just had our 6 year wedding anniversary last month. We have a 2yob and 3yog, and our 6 1/2yo beagle (purchased out of wedlock! ha ha) It's been the best 6 years of my life, and the only decision I have ever made that I didn't regret for even the teeniest second.

nanni Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nanni Posted 16 Jun 2005 , 12:51am
post #39 of 48

How our hearts swell with pride and our eyes fill with joyful tears reading everyone's wonderful stories! The MAN upstairs had such a journey planned for each of us-little did we know it=and oh how we treasure the miles!! Congratulations to each and every one of us and our familys that grew out of our love!!!

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 16 Jun 2005 , 8:51pm
post #40 of 48

I have to add mine in, since there were people that doubted ours would last as long as it has.
I met my DH when I first moved out to the Delafield, WI area at the congregation that I was attending, and we had talked but he was dating someone else at the time (who broke his heart icon_mad.gif ) and I was in high school yet.
A couple of years later his mother learned that I was not 12/13 but actually 19 (I'm told I look young, but I did not think that young icon_eek.gif ) so she invited my mom and I out to a fish fry with her and her family and some friends. Well, we were really talking to each other too much, so his mom's best friend said that we should go play a game of pool together. I won the game, but I think he let me win shhh.gif Not too long after that he invited me down to his apartment to hang up with some friends. I guess he took great pains to get the place clean...Now when I first met him and would talk to him, I found him offensive (off the wall humor, etc) but yet at the same time I was strangely attracted to him icon_confused.gif Within that first week that we decided to start dating we were already talking about marriage...I wasn't joking about it neither...I just knew he was the one! Of course there were some people who were not happy with us dating..long store on that one... Within 2-3 months of being together we decided to get married..we gave close friends and family one week notice and got married at the courthouse. I found a nice wedding dress, I did my own flowers, I made the cake for the family dinner we had afterwards at my In-laws place, and my FIL and MIL were our witnesses. We had a small pot luck reception a week later, and I made the cake for that one as well.
That was in 1999 and we are still going strong.... we have learned to make our marriage work and we are always working on things within our marriage.
We also have a 5 year old son together, and he is the best. He can be smart, mischeivious, and sweet all at the same time. He has our brains, my looks, my sensitivity and my husband's humor.

PureShugga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PureShugga Posted 16 Jun 2005 , 9:19pm
post #41 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanni

Halloween is a magical night-ghosts and goblins to prove it! Who knows, maybe he'll propose on Halloween-see what's in your pumpkin!! Keep us posted!

OOOH your right - I love Halloween! It's always been my favorite - I'm so glad our anniversary is on it! - but I have a feeling he's not going to propose until mmmm spring-time. That's after we get our taxes back and I bet he'll spend the money on a nice ring for me - I know he won't propose without the ring - and right now we're strapped for anything extra - I sure hope he doesn't wait until the NEXT Halloween of 2006 to propose! I'm ready to be engaged now! I want a long engagement - like 2 years or so. So we'll wait and see what happens after our taxes! We always file early so we can get our money back quicker. I'll keep you updated!

debsuewoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debsuewoo Posted 16 Jun 2005 , 9:57pm
post #42 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by llj68

As we both suffered from fertility problems with our first marriages, my pregnancy with our 5 year old was a huge shock.

Lisa

Well, Lisa, apparantly the problem didn't lie with you or your now hubby, did it? My DH and I had a hard time conceiving our oldest girl and we finally just gave up and decided that if we couldn't be parents to our own kids then we would become foster parents. Two years after becoming foster parents I got pregnant with our little slug. But because I didn't enjoy my pregnancy due to diabetes, we decided not to have any more biologically. When our daughter was 10 months old, our son (who is 2 1/2 months older than her) came into our lives, and two years later our little Bellie came straight from the hospital to us. They have since been adopted by us and the three of them bring us all kinds of joy icon_lol.gif

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 16 Jun 2005 , 10:07pm
post #43 of 48

I love reading everyones stories.

By BF and I actually met in 3rd grade when my family moved to a new town. (closer to my parent's family) However we didn't start going out until 10 yrs later in the last 2 months of our senior year. Neither of us were looking for a relationship we were both on our own unknown course.

Our class was only 50 people though and a majority of us got along so there were always groups doing different stuff. So we were friends and had done many things out side of school together with our friends. Our first date was actually a double date with us and both of our best friends. LOL, we went to see Erin Brocovich (sp?) I still get crap about that, taking him to a chick flick for our first date icon_lol.gif Our date was on the last day before spring break (which I was going on vacation with my parents and a friend) So I had to be home by 10:00 that night so we could leave at 2 am the next day (and I still get crap about an early curfew too) But two weeks after our first date he asked me out. We were both hesitant at first because he was going out of town for college and I was staying home to work, but being apart lasted 2 months then I moved in with him. We've been together eversince (5 year last March 31st)

We'ved actually planned a lot of our wedding, he has even helped me design our cake (which with my inspiration and his creativity will be quite an undertaking) No engagement ring yet but i'm not worried i know I have him hooked and i'm not going to release him!

P.S. His sister (4 yrs older than us) evidently knew I was the one for him when we were in 3rd grade b/c she tried to get him to ask me out from 3rd until 9th, then she just gave up! I always get a kick out of it when she reminds him of that!

Kristy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kristy Posted 17 Jun 2005 , 1:30am
post #44 of 48

Everyone's stories are so great! It really makes you believe in love.

I've been with my BF for 4 1/2 years. My best friend from high school worked with him and she sort of played matchmaker for us. After talking on the phone and on AIM for a while, he finally asked me out. Our first date was to the movies to see "Castaway," and a week later we were dating exclusively. Our anniversary is Jan 12, 2001 and my birthday is Jan 13th, and for my birthday that year he got me a huge stuffed puppy, which I still have! We now live together, and we have lots of fun. No marriage plans as of yet, but we both hear the question "when is the wedding?" all the time. Hopefully the boy will get some nerves and do it soon!! shhh.gif

dragonwarlord1969 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dragonwarlord1969 Posted 17 Jun 2005 , 2:31am
post #45 of 48

My story is unusual to say the least. I was set up on a blind date with the future Mrs. Warlord icon_razz.gif My (then) best friend's (then) wife worked with my DW at a drug store. The (then)'s are a long story all in itself. She said we would be perfect together. We went out to see a movie and after talking to her for 5 minutes, I knew she was to become, Mrs. Warlord!! (bwa-ha-ha) icon_smile.gif

However, our first date was the very day she was suppossed to get married to another. He broke EVERYTHING off 5 months prior to the wedding and left it up to her to cancel the hall, dj, etc.

Needless to say, I had my work cut out for me. We went out every weekend for a few months. I could not touch her in any way. I saw her getting closer to me, s things were looking up. Then out of the blue she broke up with me. I was hurt because I had grown so close to her without letting her know that.

A few months later I had forgotten all about her and was trying to date a woman who's hubby was in jail for manslaughter. (another long story) Well I had a weird dream that my DW was over her ex and was ready to move on. I woke up at 1am, and thought about her for the rest of the day. Before I went to my college class, I stopped by where she worked and bought a pop (or soda depending what part of the country you're from) just to talk to her. She looked at me with love in her eyes and that scared the doo-doo out of me. (my dream was right) I called her the next day and we were together ever since.

We're going on 9 years of marriage and have a 2 year old, Sarah, and a 3 year old cat, Logan.

Now for some fun facts about me and DW:

3. both of our middle social sec numbers are 94, we met in 1994
2. we're both big into comic books. (I personally have over 2000)
and the number 1 fun fact is:

we both have the same birthdays! that's right I am 4 years older and our birthday is May 3.

I wanted to get married on our birthday and she did not because she thought I would only get her one present. icon_eek.gif I told her I would get her 2 little presents. icon_evil.gifthumbs_up.gificon_lol.gif

Joe

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 17 Jun 2005 , 5:14am
post #46 of 48

OK real quick... I lived in Delaware, hubby in South Carolina. his best friend happen to be stationed in Delaware too with the Air Force..I worked with his friends wife, and she loves to fix people up, hubby came up from SC to see his godchildren and the wife had me there.. Thats how we met face to face,July 96 (4 months after our first letter to one another with pictures included, March 96) By Sept 96 my son (then 5 now 14) and I were living in South Carolina, Dec 96 2 min after midnight on Christmas we were engaged, and then 4 months after that we were married... which was 11 months after we wrote one another, and 9 months after we first met! We are now 2 children later, and 8 years married.

Shira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shira Posted 17 Jun 2005 , 5:45pm
post #47 of 48

I love this topic!!!!!!

I had just been blow off by a guy I had been dating for about a week, no big deal really. My bestfriend and I decided to go to a local college bar in our town. We met up with a friend of hers who was there with two guy friends. After only being there for 10 minutes my bestfriend's friend came up to me, pointed to one of the guys and said, "he thinks your cute.' So me being the outgoing person I am I went up and introduced myself. All 5 of us went back to my house, I had to be at work at 7 am, he had to be at work at 6, no one else had to work the next day, but we all stayed up all night. TJ and I moved in together the next day and have seriously not spent more than a day away from each other. It's been over a year now and we are planning our wedding. He is my soulmate and I love my lil stinky to death. And he still eats all my cakes =]

Shira

Misska21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Misska21 Posted 17 Jun 2005 , 6:35pm
post #48 of 48

It was the summer before our junior year of highschool and a big group of us all went to Disneyland. Well just an hour into the day me and 3 other guys got seperated from the group. I had known who these guys were because we all went to the same school, but we weren't friends or anything. I was pretty uncomfortable being the odd one out, but my soon to be BF was super sweet! We rode the rides together and spent the day talking and flirting. We didn't even catch up to the rest of the group until that evening, but I didn't mind. We totally hit it off and started dating...well that was 9 years ago and now we have a beautiful 2 year old daughter. Disneyland was always a favorite place of mine growing up, but now it means so much more!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%