More Monkey Questions

Decorating By egarman Updated 25 Aug 2006 , 2:47am by egarman

egarman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
egarman Posted 15 Aug 2006 , 4:55am
post #1 of 8

I am making a monkey cake for my DD 16th birthday. She wants the monkeys just like TamiAZ made on her monkey cake. I will also use Tami's basic look as well. I have PM'd Tami for the step-by-step instructions but haven't heard from her and I'm getting into desparate mode! My oldest DD is leaving for college this weekend and she is my fondant figure maker....now you see my delemia (however you spell it!). PLEASE HELP ME!! icon_eek.gif
Thanks.
Ellen

7 replies
egarman Posted 15 Aug 2006 , 4:56am
post #2 of 8

giving this a bump to the front!

ozcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ozcake Posted 15 Aug 2006 , 10:44am
post #3 of 8

If you look closely at the monkeys it seems that they are basically made up of a series of shapes i.e. the bodies are a ball with a flat tear drop shape in the lighter colour for their tummies, the heads are an oval with a semi circle on top, the ears small semi circles and the arms, legs and tail look like sausages so if you play around with those shapes you should be able to get something similar to the ones in TamiAZ's pictures.

egarman Posted 16 Aug 2006 , 1:23am
post #4 of 8

Thanks OZCAKE! I'm hoping TamiAZ will see this thread or read her PMs and submit the information.

egarman Posted 25 Aug 2006 , 12:42am
post #5 of 8

Well, looking at the monkeys and trying to get it figured out didn't work...so I'm back at the drawing board and hoping TamiAZ will see this thread. The monkey looked more like a bear on something!!

heavenscent Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heavenscent Posted 25 Aug 2006 , 2:23am
post #6 of 8

where can you go to see the monkeys you are refering to?

spottydog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spottydog Posted 25 Aug 2006 , 2:39am
post #7 of 8

Ok...let me try this for ya......
monkey pic in my gallery..I made the monkeys by trying to figure out Tamiaz's. I never had luck getting step by step instructions.
I made the bodies on the shape of an egg.
Head round circle
nose oblong circle
ears used largest tip to make circles and then appropriate amount off to fit on head
arms & Legs rolled out
belly i used a leaf teardrop cutter

hope this helps somewhat.....good luck

egarman Posted 25 Aug 2006 , 2:47am
post #8 of 8

Heavenscent: Just search for monkeys or TamiAZ and you'll find the ones I'm talking about. They are sitting on a blue and pink cake that has fondant dots.

Spottydog: Thanks. That makes more sense than what we were trying to do!! I'll give it a try tomorrow. Appreciate the help.

Ellen

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%