Creative Minds Help! Need Idea For Charlie And Chocolate

Decorating By dsoutherngirl Updated 14 Aug 2006 , 6:13pm by luv2cake

dsoutherngirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dsoutherngirl Posted 14 Aug 2006 , 5:12pm
post #1 of 18

Factory Cake...with oozing chocolate. Possibly a chocolate river. I didn't even see the new movie. icon_redface.gif Please help me.

17 replies
Narie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Narie Posted 14 Aug 2006 , 5:26pm
post #2 of 18

I doubt that this is what you had in mind but it is definitely chcolate and then some.
Decadent Fudge Cake

This cake deserves its name.

1 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
4 eggs
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 cup buttermilk
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate mini-morsels, divided
2 4 oz. bars sweet baking chocolate, melted and cooled
1/3 cup chocolate syrup
2 tsp. vanilla extract
4 oz. white chocolate, chopped
2 Tbl. plus 2 tsp. shortening, divided
Chocolate and white chocolate leaves (optional)

Cream butter in a large mixing bowl; gradually add sugar, beating well at medium speed of an electric mixer. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Dissolve soda in buttermilk, stirring well. Add to creamed mixture, alternately with flour, beginning and ending with flour. Add 1cup mini-morsels, melted chocolate, chocolate syrup, and vanilla, stirring just until blended. (Do not over beat.) Spoon batter into a heavily greased and floured 10" Bundt pan. Bake at 300 degrees for 1 hour 25-30 minutes or until cake springs back when touched. Invert cake immediately onto serving plate, and let cool completely.
Combine 4 oz. chopped white chocolate and 2 Tbl. shortening on top of a double boiler; bring water to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cool until mixture is melted and smooth. Remove from heat. Drizzle melted white chocolate mixture over cooled cake. Melt remaining 1/2 cup mini-morsels and 2 tsp. shortening in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat, and let cool; drizzle over white chocolate. If desired, garnish with chocolate and white chocolate leaves. Yield: one 10" cake.

dsoutherngirl Posted 14 Aug 2006 , 5:30pm
post #3 of 18

It certainly sounds delicious. Thank you! Now I just need to figure out how to decorate the darned thing.

Sweetpeeps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweetpeeps Posted 14 Aug 2006 , 5:32pm
post #4 of 18

I haven't seen the movie either. But, wouldn't a whimsical cake be really neat. Maybe in chocolate and pink. Or whatever colors that guy wears. Doesn't he wear a hat? Maybe you could try to make it like his hat or something. If nothing else at least this gives you a bump.

traceysob Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traceysob Posted 14 Aug 2006 , 5:32pm
post #5 of 18

What about a fbct of a Golden ticket or a wonka bar??

Gingoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gingoodies Posted 14 Aug 2006 , 5:33pm
post #6 of 18

The tutorial for the Whimsical/Topsy Turvey cake on here is a Charlie and the Chocolate Factory theme. Maybe that will give you inspiration.

luv2cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2cake Posted 14 Aug 2006 , 5:36pm
post #7 of 18

I did a Charlie and the Chocolate Factory cake for a 5 year old little girl. She loved it. Personally, I thought it was missing something, but it was the best I could come up with on such short notice.

You can look at it in my photos.

I used chocolate ganache for the chocolate river.

Also, there are other threads on this. I know this because I initiated them back when I was trying to come up with something. I will see if I can find them.

dsoutherngirl Posted 14 Aug 2006 , 5:36pm
post #8 of 18

sweetpeeps..you are right on the money apparently because I just found a very cool one online that is topsy turvy and shaped like his hat but I have never made a topsy turvy or whimsical cake before and I'm kind of skeptical about trying this time because I have three orders this weekend. Also..she requested the river..so I'm wondering if it's like a grassy hillside with candy around and the chocolate river..I have no clue.

traceysob Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traceysob Posted 14 Aug 2006 , 5:36pm
post #9 of 18

had to edit the the link didn't work:
here's the image
LL

luv2cake Posted 14 Aug 2006 , 5:39pm
post #10 of 18

Here's the link to the other thread that I was talking about:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-21111-charlie.html+chocolate+factory

Here is my picture:
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&meta=allby&uname=luv2cake&cat=0&pos=12

I also liked the idea of doing Willy Wonka's top hat turned upside down and filled with all sorts of candy. That was my other idea, but not enough time.

I hope you can get some good ideas.

dsoutherngirl Posted 14 Aug 2006 , 5:39pm
post #11 of 18

luv, yours does help! Thank you. She only left a vague message about "chocolate dripping and a chocolate river" and I haven't been able to contact her so I really had no idea what to come up with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2cake

I did a Charlie and the Chocolate Factory cake for a 5 year old little girl. She loved it. Personally, I thought it was missing something, but it was the best I could come up with on such short notice.

You can look at it in my photos.

I used chocolate ganache for the chocolate river.

Also, there are other threads on this. I know this because I initiated them back when I was trying to come up with something. I will see if I can find them.

iris38 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iris38 Posted 14 Aug 2006 , 5:40pm
post #12 of 18

--
LL

iris38 Posted 14 Aug 2006 , 5:41pm
post #13 of 18

--
LL

Sweetpeeps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweetpeeps Posted 14 Aug 2006 , 5:43pm
post #14 of 18

I'm scared to death to try the whimsical cakes. They are really neat though. I really like luv2cake's cake. The rest of your cakes luv are great too.

dsoutherngirl Posted 14 Aug 2006 , 5:44pm
post #15 of 18

I do really like the golden ticket idea too..maybe I can incorporate it in somehow.

iris38 Posted 14 Aug 2006 , 5:46pm
post #16 of 18

--
LL

dsoutherngirl Posted 14 Aug 2006 , 5:53pm
post #17 of 18

Thanks everyone! I think I can come up with something or other.. icon_biggrin.gif I'll post you a picture when I get it finished.

luv2cake Posted 14 Aug 2006 , 6:13pm
post #18 of 18

Thanks Sweetpeeps for the compliments on my cakes!

Yes dsoutherngirl, please do post a picture, we'd all love to see it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%