millicente Posted 25 Jun 2007 , 6:29pm
post #1 of 18

How do I get lettering this good
LL

17 replies
chelleb1974 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chelleb1974 Posted 25 Jun 2007 , 6:31pm
post #2 of 18

Looks like edible images to me.....but I've never seen them on a cookie before!

~Chelle

SuHwa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SuHwa Posted 25 Jun 2007 , 6:31pm
post #3 of 18

They look like an edible image to me.

cakebaker1957 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaker1957 Posted 25 Jun 2007 , 6:39pm
post #4 of 18

How expensive is this machine that does this edible images, and where can you buy one?

sunnigirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sunnigirl Posted 26 Jun 2007 , 2:04am
post #5 of 18

I've been wondering the exact same thing. I do a lot of wedding cookies and would like to check into what's involved.

Rudith Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rudith Posted 26 Jun 2007 , 5:50am
post #6 of 18

I like this lettering too .I read one time here in this website that you have to have a different printer that you can print edible images and sometimes some bakeries will do it I dont know how much they charge for it RUDITH

Elizabeth19 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elizabeth19 Posted 26 Jun 2007 , 6:04am
post #7 of 18

here is a great link on this site to give you more info on edible images:
http://www.cakecentral.com/article59-Edible-Images-Chapter-1---The-Basics.html

heidisuesmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heidisuesmom Posted 26 Jun 2007 , 1:28pm
post #8 of 18

I think I read somewhere that the places that do cookies like that have a special printer that prints directly onto the cookie. I'm pretty sure I read it on another thread on here. There was another one about this same subject. The cookies they were discussing were from a wedding site, but it was the same printing. HTH

BlueRoseCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlueRoseCakes Posted 26 Jun 2007 , 1:41pm
post #9 of 18

For edible images you need a dedicated Canon or Epson inkjet printer (once you run regular ink through it it's no longer considered food safe), the edible ink cartridges and the frosting paper. Check out Kopykakes website, they have a ton of information on these. The printer is probably the biggest expense, but the inks and frosting paper are kind of expensive too, and Canon and Epson are the only printers you can get edible ink for. I was lucky and my DH bought the system for me last Christmas. I don't get many orders asking for them, but you can do a lot of fun things with it, and it so easy to print off stuff and put it on a cake.

Edited to say: And I don't think the cookies are edible images, it looks like just the letters are printed on, and you can't do that with edible images.

cookiema Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookiema Posted 26 Jun 2007 , 1:50pm
post #10 of 18

I dont think there are edible either... they are on a fondant I guess and is there a seethru paper where they woudl print the writing, cut it and put it on the colored base...

?

nattyk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nattyk Posted 26 Jun 2007 , 2:27pm
post #11 of 18

On the website it says the lettering is done with food printing a process done with food coloring - so is that considered edible image?

http://www.beau-coup.com/personalized-baby-cookie-collection

Steady2Hands Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Steady2Hands Posted 26 Jun 2007 , 2:49pm
post #12 of 18
cryssi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cryssi Posted 26 Jun 2007 , 4:03pm
post #13 of 18

it looks like sugarveil...

snowshoe1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snowshoe1 Posted 26 Jun 2007 , 8:36pm
post #14 of 18

When I want precise lettering I create a custom stencil by cutting up the cheap plastic stencilsfor scrapbooks; put the letters in order; place on top of the cookie; and either 1) color in with edible ink pens or 2) spread RI over the stencil and carefully remove. Comes out great.

missnnaction Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missnnaction Posted 26 Jun 2007 , 8:49pm
post #15 of 18

I don't believe that it's an Edible image... It's printed directly on the cookie.. I'll try to find/post a link

http://www.alibaba.com/catalog/11463236/Master_Piece_Food_Printing_System.html

That's why they say food printing

missnnaction Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missnnaction Posted 26 Jun 2007 , 9:02pm
post #16 of 18
cryssi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cryssi Posted 26 Jun 2007 , 10:09pm
post #17 of 18

oops, didn't go to sugarveil site, I thought it was something else...

I can't find the site, though, but it's a big machine that prints directly on the cookie or cake. The local bakery in my hometown does this.

cambo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cambo Posted 28 Jun 2007 , 1:23am
post #18 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by heidisuesmom

I think I read somewhere that the places that do cookies like that have a special printer that prints directly onto the cookie. I'm pretty sure I read it on another thread on here. There was another one about this same subject. The cookies they were discussing were from a wedding site, but it was the same printing. HTH

I believe you're exactly right! It's not an edible image at all.....there is a special printer than prints directly onto the cookie at very close range. I researched it the first time I saw this writing on a cookie (I believe it was on a wedding cake cookie) and I found the printer that does it, but now don't have the site in my faves any longer!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%