It's Done! 9 Tiers In All And Multi Colored!

Decorating By tmassey5 Updated 15 Aug 2006 , 4:01pm by babygreen

tmassey5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tmassey5 Posted 12 Aug 2006 , 10:23pm
post #1 of 32

I finally finished and delivered my largest cake ever. I have been stressing over this cake for at least 2 weeks. The colors were my biggest concern. In the end the Bride didn't even know what the cake was going to look like because of the "topper". She wanted it used in this way--which I like, however it changed the sizes of the cake.
There were 20 cakes to bake in all (I had the grooms cake too)!
3 days of baking! 6 hours of decorating this morning (grooms cake finished last night) and it is delivered!!!
The overall look of the cake is okay considering the colors. It went perfectly with all of the other decorations.
I was pleased overall.
LL

31 replies
pscsgrrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pscsgrrl Posted 12 Aug 2006 , 10:29pm
post #2 of 32

It's very pretty! You did a great job. I can't imagine the amount of stress you have been through in the past couple of days, much less the last couple of weeks planning.

funforme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
funforme Posted 12 Aug 2006 , 10:30pm
post #3 of 32

i think this cake looks great, not because of the size but because of the detail.... and my fav color is orange... so i love it

cupcake55 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcake55 Posted 12 Aug 2006 , 10:32pm
post #4 of 32

You did a beautiful job on the cakes. It sounds like it was a lot of work. Now you can relax icon_smile.gif

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 12 Aug 2006 , 10:32pm
post #5 of 32

very well done!

karenm0712 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karenm0712 Posted 12 Aug 2006 , 10:33pm
post #6 of 32

Great job! I would have never put those colors together, but they look great! Fantastic work!

tmassey5 Posted 12 Aug 2006 , 10:33pm
post #7 of 32

Relax is what I'm planning! I have no cakes on the books as of today. I will enjoy a few days off!
Thanks for the compliments!

tmassey5 Posted 12 Aug 2006 , 10:34pm
post #8 of 32

I would never have chosen those colors either--at least not for a wedding cake!

cakes47 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes47 Posted 12 Aug 2006 , 10:36pm
post #9 of 32

Great work, very even!! Really nice!!!

traci Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traci Posted 12 Aug 2006 , 10:51pm
post #10 of 32

It looks wonderful! Actually...all of your cakes are beautiful! thumbs_up.gif

kharvey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kharvey Posted 12 Aug 2006 , 11:01pm
post #11 of 32

You did a great job!!! I am so glad that you made this post because I have a wedding coming up and the bride wants red cornelli lace on white cakes with red roses cascading from the top. I have felt like it will look horrible. But you know how it goes, what the bride wants, the bride gets...good or bad. This has really encouraged me to not have such a negative feeling about it. Thanks.

dydemus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dydemus Posted 12 Aug 2006 , 11:02pm
post #12 of 32

Okay, I've done cornelli lace before and I know how much work it is. That must have taken you forever!!! Wow!

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 12 Aug 2006 , 11:21pm
post #13 of 32

You pulled it off! They make a lovely display.....GREAT job!!

keriskreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
keriskreations Posted 12 Aug 2006 , 11:26pm
post #14 of 32

I'm with you, I don't think I would have chosen those colors either, but you made them look absoultey lovely! Your Cornelli Lace is awesome....just awesome! Anyone would be proud to have that at their wedding. Great job!

Sit down and have a glass of wine, or two. icon_lol.gif You deserve it!

spunkywan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spunkywan Posted 12 Aug 2006 , 11:32pm
post #15 of 32

It is beautiful! I can only wish that one day I will be half as good as you. Bravo!!! This cake is very inspiring! Thank you for sharing! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

cakesbyamym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyamym Posted 12 Aug 2006 , 11:34pm
post #16 of 32

I would never have chosen those colors together, either, but you know, they actually kind of grow on you. You did a great job! Sit down and rest now! icon_smile.gif

Amy

tmassey5 Posted 12 Aug 2006 , 11:43pm
post #17 of 32

You guys are very sweet. Thanks so much.

JulieB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulieB Posted 13 Aug 2006 , 5:39am
post #18 of 32

Those cakes are great. Good job. And they do look good, don't they? It's a really cool presentation, actually. I like three side-by-side cakes.

cupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcake Posted 13 Aug 2006 , 7:28am
post #19 of 32

Nice job.

ConnieSue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ConnieSue Posted 13 Aug 2006 , 12:55pm
post #20 of 32

I am impressed that you could cover all those cakes in cornelli lace in 6 hours! Very nice job! thumbs_up.gif

mocakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mocakes Posted 13 Aug 2006 , 1:04pm
post #21 of 32

The cakes actually remind me of an olympic medal ceremony...gold, silver and bronze!!!

ChristaPaloma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChristaPaloma Posted 13 Aug 2006 , 1:16pm
post #22 of 32

Very nice timassey5...are these the colors of the wedding dresses?
Do you have different flavors in there for so many? and this must feed a huge crowd so some good exposure. I was thinking if someone asked me to do a wedding in light blue, orange and ivory (that's how it looks on MY screen anyway) I would be having a time figuring how but this is very beautiful.
kharvey....that red cornelli lace does sound punchy with red roses...I'd do the cornelli selectively within some sort of draping border to minimize...like a little tablecloth draping the white cake... and if she's open to it, a mix of white and red roses not to overpower the thing with red...just some ideas...I'm not a wedding cake baker...I was just asked to do one by by my nephew and his fiance and took a few classes but I am having a great time with the whole cake decorating thing...it's a keeper but just for fun and family and friends...
Thanks everyone for their contributions to this website...it's a real jewel of sharing and I love that!
Sincerely
christa

tmassey5 Posted 13 Aug 2006 , 5:13pm
post #23 of 32

Yes, these are the colors of the bridesmaids dresses. I did tone them down some. They are teal, orange, and yellow. The bride and groom "designed" the cake themselves and chose for the colors to be as they are.
They also chose different flavors of cake. One cake was chocolate, one vanilla and the other strawberry. The grooms cake was a yellow cake.
It was a HUGE wedding. The wedding party alone was 46 people. We live in a pretty small town, so yes the exposure was good.
I must admit that I wish the cake was a little more traditional with all the exposure that it got, but the wedding itself was anything but traditional!
We'll see what happens icon_wink.gif

I wouldn't be too afraid of the red on white kharvey. At least you will be working with one color and not 3! I'm sure it will turn out beautiful. I know exactly how you feel about making the cake though. I worried myself to death over this cake and it turned out fine. It may not be our personal taste on some of the cakes we make, but that isn't what they pay us for !LOL!

DianaMarieMTV Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianaMarieMTV Posted 13 Aug 2006 , 5:24pm
post #24 of 32

I absolutley love your cake! The lace is beautiful and the colors work well together, despite what a nightmare it sounds like in words! The presentation is very nice. Did you do the whole cake table?

tmassey5 Posted 13 Aug 2006 , 5:34pm
post #25 of 32

I wish there was a little more to the table! I talked her into letting me put the rose petals around just to add a little something for my picture. My best friend is a wedding photographer and it is hard to just take a picture of a plain table. I don't know what the final table looked like. I was just ready to leave the cake and go home !

I would really liked to have seen a little something on top of each cake, but they were adament about it being the way it was.

Aztec9206 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Aztec9206 Posted 13 Aug 2006 , 5:43pm
post #26 of 32

I never thought of combining the those colors like that, BUT...it's looks cool....I like it...very good!! thumbs_up.gif

You go girl, keep on baking!

Cindy

cashley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cashley Posted 13 Aug 2006 , 5:45pm
post #27 of 32

Nice job, lots of work on all those cakes you did a great job

brookej01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brookej01 Posted 15 Aug 2006 , 12:47pm
post #28 of 32

how lovely

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 15 Aug 2006 , 1:01pm