Cookie Virgin...need Help, Please!!!!

Baking By ShelBell Updated 12 Aug 2006 , 9:13pm by Cake_Princess

ShelBell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShelBell Posted 12 Aug 2006 , 7:00pm
post #1 of 6

O.K. I usually only make cakes, but I have an order for a three tiered stacked cake, but the customer wants cookies on sticks sticking out of the cake as decoration. The whole theme of the cake is money. (It is for a business meeting) So, they want cookies shaped and decorated like dollar signs, or bills sticking out from the cake. These may sound like very silly questions, but as far as cookies, I never make them for an order, and I just use the slice and bake ones for my family! icon_redface.gif So, here are my questions..

What is the best recipe to use?
Would I use royal icing to decorate?
And do you put the stick in the dough before you bake and bake the cookies with the stick in?
Thanks for all the help!

5 replies
mkerton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkerton Posted 12 Aug 2006 , 7:05pm
post #2 of 6

If you haven't already...check out Antonio74's How To in the article section on how to make and decorate cookies...now she doesnt tell about the sticks though....but at least you will know about frosting and a good cookie recipe (and a bump so someone who knows more can help).

alip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alip Posted 12 Aug 2006 , 7:06pm
post #3 of 6

I use the No Fail Sugar Cookie recipe and the Royal Icing for Decorated Cookies recipe both from this site. There is a great article on CC "How to Bake & Decorate Cookies" that I would recommend.

As far as the sticks are concerned, everyone has a different opinion. I put mine in before baking.

Good luck!

bellejoey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bellejoey Posted 12 Aug 2006 , 7:30pm
post #4 of 6

There is a really cute money bouquet on the following website. I thought you could get an idea from this. Actually if you just google the words cookie bouquets, you can get alot of ideas.
http://www.gourmet-cookie-bouquets.com/thanks_a_million_cookie_bouquet.html

CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 12 Aug 2006 , 8:43pm
post #5 of 6

I was just looking through my cookie cutter collection this morning and saw my dollar sign cutter and wondered when in the world I would ever use it! What a cute idea - cookies sticking out of the cake... I want to try cookies this season and I am very new to them as well. Good Luck! Cake idea sound so cool.

Cake_Princess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Princess Posted 12 Aug 2006 , 9:13pm
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelBell

O.K. I usually only make cakes, but I have an order for a three tiered stacked cake, but the customer wants cookies on sticks sticking out of the cake as decoration. The whole theme of the cake is money. (It is for a business meeting) So, they want cookies shaped and decorated like dollar signs, or bills sticking out from the cake. These may sound like very silly questions, but as far as cookies, I never make them for an order, and I just use the slice and bake ones for my family! icon_redface.gif So, here are my questions..

What is the best recipe to use?
Would I use royal icing to decorate?
And do you put the stick in the dough before you bake and bake the cookies with the stick in?
Thanks for all the help!

ShelBell here is a mini-how to that I did. It shows how to insert the sticks before baking. Some people insert the sticks after baking and that's a method that does not work well with all cookie recipes.

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-20377.html

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%