Can I Put A Mmf Decoration On Buttercream?

Decorating By projectqueen Updated 11 Aug 2006 , 4:13am by projectqueen

projectqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
projectqueen Posted 11 Aug 2006 , 2:12am
post #1 of 9

I want to make a plaque out of MMF and sit it directly on top of the buttercream cake. Can I leave it there for 1 1/2 days or will the bc do something to the MMF and make it mushy? I really can't put it on at the last minute because I need to decorate around it.

Thanks.

8 replies
moydear77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moydear77 Posted 11 Aug 2006 , 2:38am
post #2 of 9

Yes it will be fine!

projectqueen Posted 11 Aug 2006 , 2:49am
post #3 of 9

Thanks!

moydear77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moydear77 Posted 11 Aug 2006 , 3:02am
post #4 of 9

I use a meringue based buttercrean and it is fine-if you use crusting you should be fine too! No one eats fondant anyway right!

MavericksMommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MavericksMommy Posted 11 Aug 2006 , 3:07am
post #5 of 9

I've done it too with no problems. I used it with the snow white buttercream recipe that comes with theWilton meringue power and that has only crisco, not butter or anything. I'm not sure if that makes a difference or not. Anyway, have fun!

lynnssweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lynnssweets Posted 11 Aug 2006 , 3:07am
post #6 of 9

It will be fine, I have used a couple different kinds of BC and been ok with MMF on top of it for a few days.

tammiemarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tammiemarie Posted 11 Aug 2006 , 3:11am
post #7 of 9

Ok, I just made my first batch of MMF and was wondering about that too. But I am actually eating it! I can't stop! Help!!

margery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
margery Posted 11 Aug 2006 , 3:16am
post #8 of 9

Maybe I misunderstood the question. MMF/fondant covers BC on every cake--so a plaque shouldn't be any different right?

projectqueen Posted 11 Aug 2006 , 4:13am
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by margery

Maybe I misunderstood the question. MMF/fondant covers BC on every cake--so a plaque shouldn't be any different right?

It shouldn't be any different, but I wasn't sure because you really can't see what's happening to the bc under the fondant. I mean, if it got soft no one would see.

I just wanted to make sure that the area under the fondant that wasn't exposed to the air would not turn soft while the rest of it stayed crusted. Don't want that plaque sliding off the cake!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%