My First'paid' Cake!

Decorating By momsandraven Updated 14 Jun 2005 , 2:53am by bonnscakesAZ

momsandraven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momsandraven Posted 12 Jun 2005 , 3:19am
post #1 of 7

WooHoo! I sold my first cake today! A friend of a friend wanted a JoJo's Circus cake (a cartoon on the Disney channel, for those of you without small children) and none of the local bakeries would do it for her. Friend contacted me, and I said heck yeah, I'll do it! icon_smile.gif I definitely need to work on my planning a little bit, I finished the final touches on the cake about 10 MINUTES before the lady came to pick it up. icon_eek.gif DH was nearly beside himself panicking for me. LOL He hates it when things aren't finished well ahead of time. I was probably calmer than I should have been, but everything worked out just fine, and the lady and her 2 year old loved the cake. All's well that ends well! (I think I'll get the next cake done a day ahead though, just to be safe. ha ha)

Just wanted to share my little success story. The cake is posted in the children's bday gallery. I was very pleased with how it turned out.

6 replies
unforgetable2u Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
unforgetable2u Posted 12 Jun 2005 , 3:37am
post #2 of 7

i seen your cake aqnd it was great i am so glad it turned out well for you icon_biggrin.gif i did my first one for a co-workers daughters 16th birthday ..sorry i havent got pics but mine turned out rather well too icon_biggrin.gif i am planning to doa cake for a neighbor who is going in to have her 4th baby on wednesday the 15th.. i figured if nothing else it will make her other 3 children happy lol ... and yes im doing this as a nice gesture. congrats again on your 1st order and hope for many more to come icon_wink.gif

stephanie214 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephanie214 Posted 12 Jun 2005 , 4:19am
post #3 of 7

Congrats on your first cake sale. Your cake is fantastic and what neat handwriting. thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

mamalove Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamalove Posted 12 Jun 2005 , 6:41am
post #4 of 7

Great job on your cake! The BCT looks wonderful!

Annette in AZ

momsandraven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momsandraven Posted 13 Jun 2005 , 1:02am
post #5 of 7

Thanks for the support guys! It was kind of a pain to do the transfer because there were so many colors in it, but the look on the 2yo's face made it all worth it! (And the check from her Mommy didn't hurt either! LOL) ;P

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 14 Jun 2005 , 2:17am
post #6 of 7

CONGRADS MOMS!!! The cake is very cute! Like MrsMissey said in her post on the pic... The orders will start rolling in! Great BCT!! Be proud of yourself & tell you DH you got in under control icon_smile.gif

bonnscakesAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonnscakesAZ Posted 14 Jun 2005 , 2:53am
post #7 of 7

I went to find your cake and it is soo cute! I don't think I have ever seen a Jojo's circus cake. My dd loves that show. Anyways great job and congrats on your first paid cake!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%