Whimsy Cake Gone Bad

Decorating By birdgirl Updated 14 Aug 2006 , 4:41am by JulieB

birdgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
birdgirl Posted 10 Aug 2006 , 3:52pm
post #1 of 4

I attempted a topsy turvy cake this week and wow! It was only two sections and I doweled it I thought well. I admit to having the top to close to the edge of the bottom layer, but thought 6 dowels would hold it--wrong!!! It sat in the box on the counter for about 1 hour and then it happened. The entire top layer jumped up and flipped upside down onto the bottom layer--dowels and all! It looked as though someone took it off and put it back on upside down. I think I have a ghost! icon_cry.gif

3 replies
cindy6250 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindy6250 Posted 10 Aug 2006 , 3:56pm
post #2 of 4

I am so sorry for your disaster by I'm ROTFLMAO!!
I know it wasn't funny when it happened, but we learn from our mistakes and hopefully you will see the humor in it later!!

Cindy

leta Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leta Posted 12 Aug 2006 , 7:23am
post #3 of 4

That is the new extreme style of topsy turvy cake! You are really a trendsetter! Either that or a poltergeist icon_rolleyes.gif

JulieB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulieB Posted 14 Aug 2006 , 4:41am
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by leta

That is the new extreme style of topsy turvy cake! You are really a trendsetter! Either that or a poltergeist icon_rolleyes.gif

icon_lol.gif Oh, my gosh, extreme topsy turvy indeed..........

I'm working up to trying topsy turvy........ maybe next weekend...... just got a bunch of cake mix on sale......... hmmmmmmmmm..........

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%