kjgjam22 Posted 9 Aug 2006 , 10:13pm
post #1 of 60

Do you own??

I have 35 of them.

59 replies
JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 9 Aug 2006 , 10:19pm
post #2 of 60

I only have two. Since it illegal to sell most of the cakes, I don't bother buying the pans.

frosting111 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
frosting111 Posted 9 Aug 2006 , 10:19pm
post #3 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjgjam22

Do you own??

I have 35 of them.

I lost count...these no telling!

mconrey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mconrey Posted 9 Aug 2006 , 10:20pm
post #4 of 60

OMG! 35! Where do you keep them all? I have 3 - and am already running out of space.

I just found a place locally that will rent out character pans, so I think I'm going to try that the next time I need one. With 35, you should think about starting a pan rental service too!

Molliebird Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molliebird Posted 9 Aug 2006 , 10:26pm
post #5 of 60

I have about ten plus a lot more other pans. My DH is wondering where I'm going to put it all. I always manage to find room somewhere. I have some pans hanging on the scotch brand removable hangers going down the wall on my basement stairs.

StandingForJesus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
StandingForJesus Posted 9 Aug 2006 , 10:37pm
post #6 of 60

Oh Lord, I'd hate to have to count them. Guess I should someday tho. Let's just say I have so many that last week I seen two marked down and thrown in a discount box at my supplier's and bought them. Only to come home and see I already had both of them. I have shelves and they are stacked on top and inside each other on the shelves. Then the wedding pans are all stacked onto of themselves on top of the freezer. Without counting them, I can say I have 5 shleves of them all stacked on top and inside each other.

jenncowin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenncowin Posted 9 Aug 2006 , 10:47pm
post #7 of 60

Last time I counted I have about 75-80 plus my sheet pans and wedding cake pans. I don't have a lot of room to store them, so I've resorted to using one of those adjustable curtain rods (I actually have 4) and shower curtain hooks-the metal ones that hook into themselves to close-to hang them up. THen the ones that can't be hung are stacked on shelves. It's a mess. There has to be a better way.

cmmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cmmom Posted 9 Aug 2006 , 10:48pm
post #8 of 60

OMG - I just counted mine thinking I had about 20ish. Boy, was I wrong. I have 44!!!! icon_eek.gif And the sad thing is I hardly use them. I was given most of them from people who use to decorate cakes and no longer use them. I can't say NO to something I don't have if someone is willing to give to me for free. So now I have 44 character pans!! WOW (maybe I should say no once in awhile?!)!!! lol

PS: It was easy for me to count because I actually have a list on my computer in case any family or friends want to borrow them I can send them the list.

kjgjam22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjgjam22 Posted 9 Aug 2006 , 10:49pm
post #9 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by StandingForJesus

Oh Lord, I'd hate to have to count them. Guess I should someday tho. Let's just say I have so many that last week I seen two marked down and thrown in a discount box at my supplier's and bought them. Only to come home and see I already had both of them. I have shelves and they are stacked on top and inside each other on the shelves. Then the wedding pans are all stacked onto of themselves on top of the freezer. Without counting them, I can say I have 5 shleves of them all stacked on top and inside each other.

which two did you double buy?

prettycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prettycake Posted 9 Aug 2006 , 10:54pm
post #10 of 60

After I bought one that turned white thumbsdown.gif after I washed it, i stopped buying them (Wiltons). I only have two. The rest I have is all Magic Line which does not change in color after washing..I also have the handmade ones from Australia. icon_smile.gif

debsuewoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debsuewoo Posted 9 Aug 2006 , 10:58pm
post #11 of 60

I don't really care for Wilton pans, but I have a good supply of the character pans. The only problem is that so many of the pans are useless after thier fad dies off.

kjgjam22 Posted 9 Aug 2006 , 11:00pm
post #12 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by mconrey

OMG! 35! Where do you keep them all? I have 3 - and am already running out of space.

I just found a place locally that will rent out character pans, so I think I'm going to try that the next time I need one. With 35, you should think about starting a pan rental service too!

i got a cupbourd built for my cake pans and boxes.

StandingForJesus Posted 9 Aug 2006 , 11:00pm
post #13 of 60

LOL..........just went to look around a little at them and thought I was gonna count them just out of curiousity and LOL.....I have more than two doubles. I thougt I only had two of the 3-egg pans and two of the 3-D Teddy, but I also have two Wonder Molds, and two of the flat Barbie pans and I belive I may have two of the 3-D Pooh's. I'm gonna have to pull all them out sometime and do an inventory on them and make a list I can keep handy as someone mentioned here while ago. Might ought to carry a list around in my purse too so I don't end up with anymore doubles. I'm not complaining tho, the only double I have that really isn't useful to me is the flat barbie pans. I don't mind two of the others because I can use them both at the same time in many instances. Just thankful to the person who started this thread or I would have never realized what I had out there.

StandingForJesus Posted 9 Aug 2006 , 11:02pm
post #14 of 60

LOL..........just went to look around a little at them and thought I was gonna count them just out of curiousity and LOL.....I have more than two doubles. I thougt I only had two of the 3-egg pans and two of the 3-D Teddy, but I also have two Wonder Molds, and two of the flat Barbie pans and I belive I may have two of the 3-D Pooh's. I'm gonna have to pull all them out sometime and do an inventory on them and make a list I can keep handy as someone mentioned here while ago. Might ought to carry a list around in my purse too so I don't end up with anymore doubles. I'm not complaining tho, the only double I have that really isn't useful to me is the flat barbie pans. I don't mind two of the others because I can use them both at the same time in many instances. Just thankful to the person who started this thread or I would have never realized what I had out there.

kjgjam22 Posted 9 Aug 2006 , 11:08pm
post #15 of 60

icon_smile.gif not problem...re starting the thread.

SweetThistleCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetThistleCakes Posted 9 Aug 2006 , 11:51pm
post #16 of 60

I have the 3D duck, the cross and the horseshoe. icon_biggrin.gif

southrnhearts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
southrnhearts Posted 10 Aug 2006 , 12:02am
post #17 of 60

hmmm i have the wonder mold/barbie dress, a vintage 1976 Dumbo Smash cake pan, as well as the original Superman pan they made (with the cheesy plastic face), the old standing bunny pan, as well as a classic Witch on a Broom pan from them....aint it great when Mom passes on parts of her collection? thumbs_up.gif

Bumps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bumps Posted 10 Aug 2006 , 12:15am
post #18 of 60

I have pans from 1972 until now. I have so many I have lost count..atleast 150 or more..and then I have all the sets of wedding pans and sheet cake pans and who know what else. I have pans in wooden crates and hanging in my basement and in wooden shelves with slots for the pans..I have a lot of original pans, like the 3D Liberty pan. I sort of made a collection out of them. Some I have never used.
I guess someday I will have to get rid of them..I won't always have the room...

JoanneK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoanneK Posted 10 Aug 2006 , 12:32am
post #19 of 60

I have several. I was buying them found a place that rents so I will not buy any more. After I make a cake with them most of the time I don't want to do another one. So why buy?

I did buy the package of small numbers and those can be used over and over.

I don't sell cakes (yet) so I don't really need many shaped pans.

We should start a swap with them though. I'm sure many people have a pan or two they used and don't think they will use it again. I can't be the only one. Then we could swap, each person mails the pan to the other one and then we have a new cake to try out.

Joanne

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 10 Aug 2006 , 12:39am
post #20 of 60

I have 44 not counting rounds, sheets or hearts. I also have the nordic ware 3d lamb and santa. Right now I have about 17 of them on the wall with a few more that need hung. A few I have mostly to hang, like Rainbow Brite and Strawberry Shortcake because I loved them when I was little. icon_lol.gif I have found that the round curtain clips with yarn tied on them hold the pans that don't have hole without wrecking them.

TheCakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakerator Posted 10 Aug 2006 , 12:43am
post #21 of 60

I probably have close to 30 character pans

CakeRN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeRN Posted 10 Aug 2006 , 1:07am
post #22 of 60

Prettycakes....where did you get your handmade pans from. Is there a website to order them from?

bostonterrierlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bostonterrierlady Posted 10 Aug 2006 , 1:19am
post #23 of 60

I have about 32. I had a few and then collected some from ebay. I have them hanging in my spare bedroom. It is rather cute. I have a few of the character pans but I collected ones that if I want to I can use. I have a hot air baloon, pianos,icecream cone etc. I also have a book Jeanie Gibbs did about collecting cake pans that kind of got me started.

butterflyjuju Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butterflyjuju Posted 10 Aug 2006 , 3:10am
post #24 of 60

I imagine I have close to 50 or more. I try to keep the ones that aren't "faddish" such as some of the newer tv characters. I found good deals on ebay and just couldn't help myself...lol. My kids love it because they get a different cake every year...and they get to dig through the pans to find which one they want.

JuLinda

sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 10 Aug 2006 , 3:22am
post #25 of 60

well. should i confess, i have ALOT, so many that i have started renting them out.

ashlymomx2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ashlymomx2 Posted 10 Aug 2006 , 3:31am
post #26 of 60

only 10...but I am a newbie and hope to add more to my collection.

cupcake55 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcake55 Posted 10 Aug 2006 , 3:43am
post #27 of 60

I confess. I have a bunch. I can't stop buying the darn things. icon_redface.gif If it has to do with cake decorating, I buy it. I just bought $70 worth of gumpaste and wedding cake books today. Of course, they were a bargain. icon_biggrin.gif

kjgjam22 Posted 12 Aug 2006 , 1:57am
post #28 of 60

37.... icon_biggrin.gif just got winnie the pooh with the baloon and the running bugs bunny....both retired i think. or maybe just the bugs.

SugarFrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFrosted Posted 12 Aug 2006 , 2:39am
post #29 of 60

My website has pictures of all my character cake pans, and at the moment it says 608 icon_surprised.gif in the Cake Pans album. But that does not include wedding cake sets (they are in the wedding section on my site) nor does it include the 15 or so new pans waiting to be photographed and added to the pan gallery. I guess including all the wedding cake sets, new pans, and 50 (or so) duplicate character pans, I have over 700 now. icon_eek.gif

In case you are wondering, my DH installed floor-to-ceiling shelves on 2 walls of my laundry room. Each shelf holds 4 large Rubbermaid storage bins, each bin holds 20-25 character pans, with 4 bins holding many, many singles (examples are hand and footprint) and multi-cavity pans, like the mini train engine or ball. In addition to the laundry room, my "former" dining room is now the storage room for all my wedding cake stands, pillars and plates, etc etc etc. All my cookie making stuff is also in with the wedding cake stuff, as are the duplicate character pans.

I use plastic Rubbermaid storage boxes instead of cake boxes(flipped so the lid is the base)... the large ones (I have 12 or 15) will hold a 12x18 half sheet or large character cake, and the small (10 or 12 of these) will hold a 9x13 quarter sheet cake or small character cake. Both those sizes are about 6" high. I do have a few taller boxes for stacked cakes, in the same dimentions as the large box, except they are about 16" high. I also have six 16x16x6 square plastic storage boxes (also flipped so lid becomes base) from Office Depot to use to transport wedding cakes tiers. These are all also stacked in my dining room.

I should buy stock in Rubbermaid, as well as Wilton...

A person can amass a lot of stuff in 20 years, huh? icon_razz.gif

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 12 Aug 2006 , 2:40am
post #30 of 60

You're in luck... I had to count them today for our move..... 25!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%