Gr Grma's Cake I'm Done I'm Done!! :)

Decorating By sharibearie Updated 7 Aug 2006 , 3:33pm by Dordee

sharibearie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sharibearie Posted 6 Aug 2006 , 10:43pm
post #1 of 28

I just wanted to share with you the "finished" product! Thanks for looking at all the different pieces and giving advice on stuff! I think it turned out really good and I had a ball doing it!! Thanks for all the nice comments!! There are a few other pics in my photos! I have more up close shots...but I don't want to be a piggy and take up the front page! icon_smile.gifShari
LL

27 replies
cindy6250 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindy6250 Posted 6 Aug 2006 , 10:46pm
post #2 of 28

You did a fantastic job!!! I saw the wood floor earlier and it was great. Love the whole cake put together. Is this for your great grandmother? She is going to love it and she will be very impressed with your cake decorating skills!!

Cindy

karensjustdessert Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karensjustdessert Posted 6 Aug 2006 , 10:48pm
post #3 of 28

That is absolutely wonderful; it is entirely too pretty to eat!

Molliebird Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molliebird Posted 6 Aug 2006 , 10:48pm
post #4 of 28

Wow!!! That is absolutely awesome. You did a great Job!

Momof4luvscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Momof4luvscakes Posted 6 Aug 2006 , 10:48pm
post #5 of 28

Awesome job!! I love the way the wood finally turned out!

mgdqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgdqueen Posted 6 Aug 2006 , 10:50pm
post #6 of 28

I commented under your pictures-it's incredible and so real. I LOVE the watering can-the paint job and the "water" inside make it look like the real thing. SO COOL!

sweetamber Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetamber Posted 6 Aug 2006 , 11:38pm
post #7 of 28

Beautiful! You can tell that you put a lot of love into that one- it's perfect thumbs_up.gif

Amber

CakeRN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeRN Posted 6 Aug 2006 , 11:40pm
post #8 of 28

Very cute.....You did a great job. Were all the things on top made from fondant? thumbs_up.gif

emilykakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emilykakes Posted 6 Aug 2006 , 11:42pm
post #9 of 28

Wow! You did a fantastic job on that cake! It looks awesome!!! thumbs_up.gif

getfrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
getfrosted Posted 6 Aug 2006 , 11:45pm
post #10 of 28

Very adorable!! You did a great job and obviously put a lot of care and thought into it - I'm sure that your great grandma will love it and all the love that you brought to her birthday!!

msauer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msauer Posted 6 Aug 2006 , 11:48pm
post #11 of 28

Very nice! Your attention to detail is incredible!!!

-Michelle

Cindy_Gl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cindy_Gl Posted 7 Aug 2006 , 1:34am
post #12 of 28

ADORABLE, you are very talented!

Zamode Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zamode Posted 7 Aug 2006 , 2:14am
post #13 of 28

I love the water can!

toristreats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toristreats Posted 7 Aug 2006 , 2:59am
post #14 of 28

Very cute. I love the wood floor look. One day I will have to try that.

MavericksMommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MavericksMommy Posted 7 Aug 2006 , 3:06am
post #15 of 28

You did a great job! The details are really great, and I love the flower pot tipped over and spilling out "dirt". What a neat idea! (and how realistic, I do that when I try to plant things! icon_lol.gif )

Cakers84 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakers84 Posted 7 Aug 2006 , 3:39am
post #16 of 28

What a loving gift for your GGma. I know you had mentioned in another thread that she loved to garden and could no longer do that. Well being able to gaze upon this creation is sure to bring back all the memories of gardening and it's joy's. thumbs_up.gif Beautiful!

TPDC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TPDC Posted 7 Aug 2006 , 3:42am
post #17 of 28

Fantastic Job! It is wonderful!

mrboop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrboop Posted 7 Aug 2006 , 3:56am
post #18 of 28

Great Job!! Looks fantastic. I will have to go and put this in my favorites.

sharibearie Posted 7 Aug 2006 , 4:45am
post #19 of 28

Thanks so much for your wonderful comments!! I have to say that I am pretty proud of this cake, seeing as it's my first "official" cake. (outside of my Wilton I Course) Their not really even the same!

My G'ma loved her cake...said it tasted good too! It was butter yellow cake with a layer of homemade rasp jam/white chocolate ganache. MMMMMMMMM I did use the Wilton fondant just because of time...BUT...I flavored it with a bunch of cheesecake and cotton candy flavorings! What a mix, huh? It actually was really good...had the same sweet marshmallow flavor...not the playdough flavor! icon_eek.gif

Anyway...she seemed to like it. She was SO tired and there were so many people there...that it probably wasn't too big of a deal to her....but that's okay, for cryin' out loud...she's 100! icon_razz.gif I will say though...that even though she didn't go crazy over it...everybody else did! I just dropped it off and left really quick to go shower...but my sis (frostingfreak) said that people were taking pictures and more pictures! So...that made me feel good. When I went back...I got a LOT of compliments.

I'm sure you all know how good it is to make a cake that you're proud of! I think that's what makes us want to do better and better! Anyway...I will w/in a week or so...try to get some instructions on here for those of you who want to make any of the items! I'll post the template for the clay pots, etc. I have to say that you'll probably all be disappointed at how much I'll say...I just winged it! Just be patient with me...I have a lot of cleaning up to do! icon_surprised.gif It's a disaster here! Does that happen to anyone else's kitchen/dining/family rooms?! icon_biggrin.gif My poor DH! Well, have a good week everyone!! Thanks again so much!! Shari

cakesbyjess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyjess Posted 7 Aug 2006 , 4:53am
post #20 of 28

I'm so proud of you for how great the cake turned out!! All of your HARD work paid off!!! It feels so good when people love your creations!! Like you said, it just makes you want to keep doing it!!! icon_smile.gif I think everything about the cake is wonderful, and I'm sure it tasted absolutely fantastic!!! Great job, Shari!!!! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

sharibearie Posted 7 Aug 2006 , 5:03am
post #21 of 28

I didn't even think about this...but when my dad and I were talking about my cake....he asked me how much I would charge for a cake like this. Any ideas??

16" round
fillings
decorated

I know that we'll never be paid for our time...(that's just our passion
thumbs_up.gif )...so I have NO idea of what people charge for cakes! Since this is my first...and it was free...I guess I didn't know what to tell my dad. What do you all charge for decorated, personalized even, cakes?!

Thanks for the kind words Jess! icon_smile.gif I really appreciate them!!

cakesbyjess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyjess Posted 7 Aug 2006 , 5:38am
post #22 of 28

You're very welcome!! icon_smile.gif

I wouldn't even know where to being figuring out how much to charge for that cake. I would guess at least $75, but that's probably no where near what it's worth!! I feel like I always undercharge people, and you're right ... we'll never be paid for our time, unfortunately!

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 7 Aug 2006 , 1:16pm
post #23 of 28

I love the cake. thumbs_up.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharibearie

She was SO tired and there were so many people there...that it probably wasn't too big of a deal to her....but that's okay, for cryin' out loud...she's 100! icon_razz.gif

She's got 2 years on my great grandma. icon_lol.gif

4kids Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4kids Posted 7 Aug 2006 , 1:20pm
post #24 of 28

Wonderful job! I'm sure that your G'gma loved this cake. Your details are amazing.

littlemissmuffin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlemissmuffin Posted 7 Aug 2006 , 3:09pm
post #25 of 28

That is a great cake. It's too pretty to eat.

sharibearie Posted 7 Aug 2006 , 3:13pm
post #26 of 28

Hi! Had a few questions about what everything is and how to do them. I will, w/in a week, get some instructions on here and try to get a template for some of the other stuff.

EVERYTHING is edible, except for the flower stems! Everything else (besides cake and fondant covering cake) is made from gumpaste and the basket was piped out of royal icing! I stuffed angel food cake down in pots and can, which were then covered with dirt(Oreos) and water was blue piping gel.

I think that's it! Please check back and I'll try to share all my info and tips!! Yippee!! Have a super day! icon_lol.gif

rezzygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rezzygirl Posted 7 Aug 2006 , 3:17pm
post #27 of 28

I'll chime in with more kudos! Beautiful cake! thumbs_up.gif and yes! beautiful cakes = disaster area kitchen (sad but true!)

Dordee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dordee Posted 7 Aug 2006 , 3:33pm
post #28 of 28

WOW icon_eek.gif Truely an AMAZING work of art! You should be so very proud!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%