Tried The Zucchini Recipes?

Baking By koolaidstains Updated 8 Aug 2006 , 5:09pm by Fascination

koolaidstains Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
koolaidstains Posted 4 Aug 2006 , 8:13pm
post #1 of 14

I have two HUGE zucchinis to use and wanted to try some of the recipes here, but only one has any rating. Has anyone tried any of the recipes here, and if so how did you like them?

13 replies
koolaidstains Posted 4 Aug 2006 , 9:07pm
post #2 of 14

bumping myself - I'm going to start with Chocolate Zucchini Cake I, but I'll still have enough zucchini to do 4-5 breads/cakes so I'd still love any input. I'll make sure to review the ones I try too!

mconrey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mconrey Posted 4 Aug 2006 , 9:13pm
post #3 of 14

I have not tried any on this site - but zucchini bread is easy to make and very yummy!

jovigirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jovigirl Posted 4 Aug 2006 , 9:20pm
post #4 of 14

There is a recipe on here somewhere for Zucchini chocolate chip muffins that is pretty good!!!

NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 4 Aug 2006 , 9:23pm
post #5 of 14

If I have zuccinni that is going to go bad or too many of them I grate them and seal 2 cups per bag and into the freezer it goes. It is a little watery when it defrost but cooks up great! Nothing like warm zuccinni bread in the middle of winter!! And one bag is what my zuccinni bread recipe calls for.

czyadgrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
czyadgrl Posted 4 Aug 2006 , 10:17pm
post #6 of 14

I don't have a recipe, but my office gets some meetings catered with an AWESOME chocolate zucchini cake/loaf cake. I wouldnt' be too scared to try it - I think they're pretty moist, don't know how it would work to stack or decorate, but it's really really good with some powdered sugar sprinkled on top.

NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 5 Aug 2006 , 12:09am
post #7 of 14

I just thought of a zuccinni recipe but it is not a dessert. Z. casserole.
You layer slices of potato, zuccinni, pepperoni, browned ground beef, and tomato sauce. top repeat to the top of casserole dish and top with shredded cheese. bake until potatos are done. Yummy

koolaidstains Posted 5 Aug 2006 , 12:23am
post #8 of 14

MMMM sounds yummy - I was going to do a zucchini parmesan kind of like you'd do eggplant parmesan. I'm going to try the cake recipes tonight now that the kids are in bed and my butter's soft.

Fascination Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Fascination Posted 5 Aug 2006 , 12:27am
post #9 of 14

hello ...
I love zucchini... you can do so much with it...
when you get tired of chocolate zucchini bread, try this.

Zucchini Yogurt Cake

Ingredients
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3 eggs
1-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
1/4 cup honey
3/4 cup cooking oil
1/2 cup plain or vanilla yogurt
1-1/2 cups shredded unpeeled zucchini
1 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup finely diced banana
1 tsp grated orange peel

Instructions
Stir together flour, baking powder, spices, soda, and salt. Set aside. In large bowl of mixer beat eggs until light. Gradually beat in sugar and honey until mixture is light and fluffy. Slowly beat in oil. At low speed of mixer or with rubber spatula stir in flour mixture alternately with yogurt. Lightly but thoroughly stir in zucchini,walnuts, banana, and orange peel. Turn batter into greased, floured 9 to 10-inch fluted tube pan. Bake in preheated 350-degree F oven 50 to 60 minutes, then invert on rack and remove from pan. Cool completely. Spread with cream cheese honey glaze or confectioner's sugar.

ciao

koolaidstains Posted 5 Aug 2006 , 4:42am
post #10 of 14

I tried the Chocolate Zucchini Cake I tonight. It tastes delicious, although I did have some other issues LOL. I'm not sure I cooked it long enough even though my skewers came out clean. I'm wondering if I had too much zucchini in. Measuring out can vary depending on how fine you grate the zucchini. I'm probably going to try it again with less zucchini. I didn't care for the chocolate chips and nuts on top. It would be fine if I'd done it in a 9x13 and served it that way. I would either omit them or mix them into the batter next time. Mine fell apart coming out of the pan so I'm going to spoon it into a bowl and we'll all enjoy eating scraps! The nest one I'm going to try in my silicone bundt. I want to give one to the person that gave me the zucchini. I've got enough from the one zucchini to do 3 cakes and I have another the same size. I'll try a different recipe too and let you know how that goes.

So, tastes great, need to perfect getting it baked icon_smile.gif

snowboarder Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snowboarder Posted 5 Aug 2006 , 9:14pm
post #11 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fascination

hello ...
I love zucchini... you can do so much with it...
when you get tired of chocolate zucchini bread, try this.

Zucchini Yogurt Cake

Fascination- this cake sounded so fantastic I went out and bought some zucchini so I could make it. I love variations on yogurt cakes. Thanks for posting the recipe.

Fascination Posted 6 Aug 2006 , 5:46am
post #12 of 14

snowboarder
my pleasure; I hope you enjoy it; let me know...
ciao

snowboarder Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snowboarder Posted 8 Aug 2006 , 2:49am
post #13 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fascination

snowboarder
my pleasure; I hope you enjoy it; let me know...
ciao

I love it! I made 3 small cakes instead of using the tube pan so I could give to friends to try.

The cake is so light and the touch of orange peel and banana are delicious. I sprinled the top with turbinado instead of icing or glazing it.

I'll definitely make this one again.

Here's a pic of the 4" cake cut in half to test.
Thanks again for the recipe.
LL

Fascination Posted 8 Aug 2006 , 5:09pm
post #14 of 14

hello again
I am glad you liked it; I will send you the recipe for the glaze.
Even though the recipe says unpeeled zukes, when I make this for 'company' I do peel the zucchini; Personally I love it with the peel & the green specks add character.
ciao for now

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%