Ebay Finds!

Decorating By cindww Updated 6 Aug 2006 , 2:21am by Loucinda

cindww Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindww Posted 3 Aug 2006 , 9:03pm
post #1 of 9

Hey all,
Got an order from ebay today...2 petal pans set from 1978..they are brand new..I should say they've never been used! Also got a 1970 Wilton book which I guess is the yearbook for that year. I was born in 1971 and thought it would be fun to see what was going on in the cake world around that time. There's some funny stuff in there! The pans cost me $4.99 and the book was $2.99. I definitely got ripped off on the shipping, though. That makes me mad!
Oh well..can't wait to bake in the pans!

Cindy

8 replies
mbalis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbalis Posted 5 Aug 2006 , 2:53am
post #2 of 9

I love ebay too! Sometimes the shipping is high, you're right. But if it's something you can't just run out and buy, well I usually find it worth it.

Great deal on the pans! Post your pictures when you're done.

Brendansmum Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brendansmum Posted 5 Aug 2006 , 3:01am
post #3 of 9

I just won 14 Wilton yearbooks off ebay. I think I got the 1970 one also. From what I've thumbed through so far they are great! There are a lot of buttercream flower instructions and colorflow instructions. One of the books has a zodiac cake, so funny that was the craze back then! I was wanting to get some ideas for a cake for my in laws for their anniversary. My mother in law said she never had a wedding cake so I was trying to find a yearbook and a topper from her wedding year {1965}. I love ebay though, but you do have to be carefull when it comes to the shipping! Enjoy your new goodies!!! icon_smile.gif

Pootchi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pootchi Posted 5 Aug 2006 , 2:57pm
post #4 of 9

Just gotta love Ebay!!! But yes you gotta look at the shipping charges!! But what I do usually compare on other sites the "real" price I'd pay if I was buying it brand new, from a store, and than I look for bargains on Ebay. I love sellers that have lots of different items, like this I combine the shipping and save! Even when I sell on Ebay I offer discounts on shipping. But I don't sell cake decorating things, just scrapbooking...

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 5 Aug 2006 , 6:29pm
post #5 of 9

Ebay is great for cake pans! Most of my shaped pans have come off of there, you can get so many that they don't make anymore.
I've gotten a couple yearbooks from there too, one was a 1979 which was the year I was born. For me part of the fun of going through them was that my mother had them but they got worn out while I was a kid. icon_lol.gif

czyadgrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
czyadgrl Posted 5 Aug 2006 , 6:40pm
post #6 of 9

I just got 10 Wilton Featherweight bags, 2 of each size from the smallest up to 16" for about $17 total last night. There are still a bunch up there now, different combos and quantities, reasonable shipping. I estimate that I got it for bewteen 1/2 and 1/3 the cost of getting them at the craft stores.

Plus, I takes a while to use 40% off coupons on 10 different trips to get that!

I'm so excited and can't wait for them to get here, esp. since one "got away" in the dishwasher and melted, I'm down to just one right now.
icon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

Jenn123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenn123 Posted 5 Aug 2006 , 6:47pm
post #7 of 9

I have gotten lots of great pans from eBay. Try ubid.com also. I got 2 brand new KA mixing bowls with handles for $10 each! They don't have as much to offer, but sometimes you can get a better deal.

sun33082 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sun33082 Posted 5 Aug 2006 , 7:13pm
post #8 of 9

I got heart pan set, hexagon set, petal set, guitar pan, bear pan, book pan and a couple of other pans, 100+ tips, flower nails, basket nails, and lily nails from one seller on ebay for $72 (including shipping) a few months ago. Got it so cheap because the seller didn't put the auctions in the cake decorating category. They put it in cookware or something and few people bid on it.

So my tip is, search by keywords, not just in specific categories.

Plus I love people who shop estates and sell on ebay. They usually have no clue what they're selling and sell it cheap lol

Always always always pay attention to shipping before bidding. The stuff I got above, was from teh same seller, just different auctions. I emailed him and asked if he would combine shipping because shipping would have cost me over $100 the way he had it set up. Shipping ended up being less than $20 for all of that!

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 6 Aug 2006 , 2:21am
post #9 of 9

Mt best deal on ebay so far has been the set of 3 Wilton Encyclopedias of Cake Decorating. I got all three hard back books in excellent condition for $63. They are out of print now and hard to find all three of them!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%