2008 Wilton Yearbook

Decorating By shanasweets Updated 24 Jun 2007 , 5:21am by Hippiemama

shanasweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanasweets Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 7:09am
post #1 of 43

I saw a post earlier in week stated new yearbook available June 15, well it is now June 17 and nobody knows wht I am talking about. I have been to walmart, hobby lobby and two different michaels. I went on the website and they still list 2007 as current book. Anybody know anything about this. My instructor stated it was coming soon (first part of june) and castles where the theme. I know the new castle kit is out, although not overly fond yet, so haven't bought. I am doing a castle cake this week for someone and really wanted to see this book.

42 replies
LittleLinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleLinda Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 12:34pm
post #2 of 43

Wow! You're anxious! I don't know anything about it coming out; but I wanted to remind you to try to get ahold of a coupon before you buy it.
Here's AC Moore's:
http://www.acmoore.com/showweeklyspecialcoupon.asp?ID=98

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 5:35pm
post #3 of 43

The middle of June is when they try to get it out. They might ship on June 15th, but most of the yearbooks then go to a distribution center for all of those major stores you talked about. So then the distribution centers have to break them apart and send the correct amount to each store.

It could be another 2 weeks before you see it in your area depending on the the shipping schedule for all of the stores.

i will say I typically see the new ones at Wal-mart first in my area

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 5:50pm
post #4 of 43

Thanks for the info, leily. I love it when the new yearbooks come out!

KellJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KellJ Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 6:55pm
post #5 of 43

I was at the Wilton store a couple of weeks ago and they told me late june (hopefully) that they were running a little late.

HTH

roxxxy_luvs_duff Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
roxxxy_luvs_duff Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 7:06pm
post #6 of 43

my wilto instructor told me the last week in june

Katskakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katskakes Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 7:12pm
post #7 of 43

i just got an acmoore coupon for 50% off on Tuesday only.
i have been receiving them weekly, aside from the 40% off. the only thing w/these (email) coupons they can not be used at competitors.

http://www.acmoore.com/Newsletter/newsletter_2007-06-19_50.htm

KittyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KittyCakes Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 7:22pm
post #8 of 43

The 2008 Yearbook is suppose to arrive at Michaels on June 29. Not sure if it will be on the shelf the same day, or when available at other stores.

Hippiemama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hippiemama Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 7:25pm
post #9 of 43

I am looking forward to seeing it!

jenncowin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenncowin Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 7:27pm
post #10 of 43

I work at a cakery and we also sell Wilton (and other) supplies. We are supposed to be getting ours this week or next. We were told that the retailers like us would be getting them before the Wal-Marts this year. We'll see. But it is coming!

Daniellemhv Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Daniellemhv Posted 19 Jun 2007 , 6:07am
post #11 of 43

I just got back from the Wilton Annual Instructor Meeting. They said they would be in stores late june/early july. I got to look at one, it was SO NICE!! I can't wait to have my own. The cakes were amazing!

CoutureCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CoutureCake Posted 19 Jun 2007 , 6:34am
post #12 of 43

I believe this probably fits the list of "You know you're truly addicted WHEN... You look forward to the new Wilton Yearbook like a kid waiting for Christmas..."..

Tap... Tap... Tap...

Michaels is usually the first place around here that gets the yearbooks, so that's probably where I'll go...

jenifergilliland Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenifergilliland Posted 21 Jun 2007 , 12:39am
post #13 of 43

I wilth ya'll on this one. I keep checking Wilton's site daily to see if they have put it on there. I can not wait.

yaxeni Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yaxeni Posted 21 Jun 2007 , 1:50am
post #14 of 43

I live in Chicago, bought my book today at Joann's and used my 50% off coupon.

CakeL8T Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeL8T Posted 21 Jun 2007 , 3:13am
post #15 of 43

It will hit the shelves VERY soon. I am the cake decorator for the Wilton office out of Bentonville that pitches all their product to Wal-Mart and I got the new yearbook last week!! It's really great and I think everyone will really like the Castle cakes, they're not just girly ideas either!! There's also lots of ideas for the silicone cupcake liners that have the feet on them. Also Wilton now has Paisley shaped pans!! That's all I'm going to reaveal for now, you'll just have to wait & see!!!!
Carrie

tinascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tinascakes Posted 21 Jun 2007 , 3:25am
post #16 of 43

I can't wait to get it!!! I already bought the castle kit.

dharmasfriend Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dharmasfriend Posted 21 Jun 2007 , 3:35am
post #17 of 43

I saw it for sale on Ebay a few days ago. Don't know if they really had or were just anticipating it...

qtkaylassweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
qtkaylassweets Posted 23 Jun 2007 , 4:19am
post #18 of 43

I got mine on Monday. I can't put it down! I called Wilton about the paisly pans and they are not going to be available until December. There is a new dimentions pan also which is a cupcake. It is cute but I don't want to spend $27.99 on it! The 2nd and 3rd seasons of Bake, Decorate, Celebrate are also in there.
There are also silly feet for Halloween (witch feet) and (elves) for Christmas

nefgaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nefgaby Posted 23 Jun 2007 , 5:28am
post #19 of 43

Thanks for the info... and could anyone explain what the paisly pans are? Look like?

nefgaby Posted 23 Jun 2007 , 5:38am
post #20 of 43

Paisley, maybe?????????? I'm too curious!

mthiberge Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mthiberge Posted 23 Jun 2007 , 5:41am
post #21 of 43

Ohhhh....I CAN"T WAIT!!!!!!!!

mthiberge Posted 23 Jun 2007 , 5:44am
post #22 of 43

nefgaby:...ok here goes, (my best guess) Kind of like a tear drop, but more horizontal...you know what a ying yang looks like right?...(a circle with that wave line through it) if you drew one and cut the circle out and then cut the circle in half following the wavy line you would have the exact shape of a paisley...helpfull??

nefgaby Posted 23 Jun 2007 , 5:55am
post #23 of 43

Thanks M! Got it! So it is like the Persian Pickles... that is what I thought it was!

heavenscent Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heavenscent Posted 23 Jun 2007 , 5:55am
post #24 of 43

I hope it's better than last year. I was very disapointed icon_sad.gif

mthiberge Posted 23 Jun 2007 , 6:29am
post #25 of 43

Persian pickles???!!!??? icon_confused.gif ...LOL

tinascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tinascakes Posted 23 Jun 2007 , 2:07pm
post #26 of 43

I checked at AC Moore last night, but they didn't have it. I can't wait to see it.

nefgaby Posted 23 Jun 2007 , 2:41pm
post #27 of 43

Yeah, Persian Pickles, that is what my grandma used to call them, funny ha? icon_lol.gif

srod911 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
srod911 Posted 23 Jun 2007 , 2:49pm
post #28 of 43

I got my Yearbook at my local cake decorating store yesterday! The paisley pans are a set of three, here are the demensions: 9 x 6in., 12 3/4 x 9 in., and 17 x 12 in. The set of three will be $42.99 and I can hardly wait until December!

Mandica12182 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mandica12182 Posted 23 Jun 2007 , 2:51pm
post #29 of 43

I bought it yesterday and was sooexcited to look at it I was being a crazy person and opening it at every red light!! LOL

I like it.....I have never bought one before though so I have nothing to compare it to.....my only complaint kinda...is the castle cake kit....I can't really see the point in using it....can you really trust customers to return all those pieces?? and why make them out of plastic when we all have made some truely incredible completely edible castles already??!! JMHO.

Anyway....I got the yearbook at the cake supply store and spent waaaay to much when I went in there!!! Shhhhhhh I didn't tell DH and I am hoping he doesn't check out Credit Card statement online!! LOL

SugarBakerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakerz Posted 23 Jun 2007 , 2:57pm
post #30 of 43

I am jealous, I have hit ACmoore and Michaels both more than once this week and no luck. So I used my ac moore coupon this week and bought the flag pan at 40% off since a customer actually ordered one this year, I thought why not..... maybe some day I will get an 08 book icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%