Anyone Having Problems With Bakers Joy?

Decorating By onceuponacake Updated 18 Jun 2007 , 12:34am by SimpleAffair

onceuponacake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
onceuponacake Posted 16 Jun 2007 , 1:59pm
post #1 of 15

The last few can I've bought won't spray! I take off the nozzle prick the openings with a toothpick and sometimes that will work. It's annoying!!

14 replies
Peg2665 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peg2665 Posted 16 Jun 2007 , 2:06pm
post #2 of 15

I had the same problem a while back and tried the recipe for cake release that so many have raved about on this site. I just mix a batch and keep it in a wide mouth mason jar. 1C flour, 1C shortening, 3/4C veg oil.

yh9080 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yh9080 Posted 16 Jun 2007 , 2:10pm
post #3 of 15

I haven't had that problem with the can I'm using now. I have had it in the past though.

BTW-I buy mine at Sysco. For $5.00, I can get a large can. They call it the foodservice size. It has probably twice as much as the grocery store cans.

Wendoger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wendoger Posted 16 Jun 2007 , 2:29pm
post #4 of 15

...yeah, same here....I just wrote the company and complained....we'll see what happens icon_biggrin.gif

ibmoser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ibmoser Posted 16 Jun 2007 , 7:04pm
post #5 of 15

I, too, have problems with virtually every can. I don't bake every day - not even every week sometimes. I have had good luck with soaking the little nozzle and cleaning the opening with a pin, but there is also a red dot on the collar of the can below the nozzle. Be sure the hole in the nozzle is over that red dot.

ladybug03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladybug03 Posted 16 Jun 2007 , 7:18pm
post #6 of 15

YES! I decided to try a different brand...bought the Crisco brand spray w/flour and so far no problems. It's sprayer is designed differently and I haven't had any clogging at all.

onceuponacake Posted 16 Jun 2007 , 7:27pm
post #7 of 15

I figured it out!! i bought the pam with flour today and read the top where it says to line up the arrow with the red marking.

the baker's joy said the same thing except it said linei t up with the dot..which i couldnt find the darn dot!

i got home with my pam and handed the can to my daugther..she said i dont see a dot either..my 13 yr old said..let me see..SHE SAW THE TEENY GREEN DOT on teh silver part of the can lined it up and it worked!!!!!!

crablegs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crablegs Posted 16 Jun 2007 , 7:31pm
post #8 of 15

i need to go look for a dot. i'm having the same problem

onceuponacake Posted 16 Jun 2007 , 7:34pm
post #9 of 15

it is VERY VERY SMALL! my daughter said it's green but i couldnt see it!

4starcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4starcakes Posted 16 Jun 2007 , 7:44pm
post #10 of 15

The cake release on this website works a lot better than those sprays. They always crisp the edges of the cake.

Wendoger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wendoger Posted 16 Jun 2007 , 7:52pm
post #11 of 15

...I've never had a problem with the product itself not working, just the mechanics of the cans... icon_confused.gif

icon_biggrin.gif

onceuponacake Posted 16 Jun 2007 , 9:11pm
post #12 of 15

never had a problem either with sticking just the spraying..but i think thats what it is..you have ot make sure the arrow is aligned with that dot

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 17 Jun 2007 , 10:47am
post #13 of 15

I to had problems, thats why I went to the crisco spray with flour, it's more expensive but at least I don't have 4 cans of it not working icon_sad.gif

onceuponacake Posted 17 Jun 2007 , 6:03pm
post #14 of 15

Try lining it up with the dot. It works

SimpleAffair Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SimpleAffair Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 12:34am
post #15 of 15

I too have had problems with it...just thought it was me!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%